1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannavaro:

"Inter played the football, while Milan scored the goals."

Chelsea: Classic anti-football team

What has this world of football come to? Some people and teams clearly value winning at all costs more than the harm it will do to the world of soccer and the nature of the game. When people look back at this era, people will see the negativity that sides like Milan and Inter in 2002 era and Chelsea show.

Why must we show generations down the road that we stand for everything that football is not about?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some call it a possession game, others say its a tactical genius, while yet others claim that its a Christmas tree-

Yet at the end its all the same thing- Anti-football at its best.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some call it a great Inter attacking side. Some call it a Vieri Goal-Fest, everything that football is about. But at the end its all the same thing- Cuper Anti-Football Saved by World Class Strikers.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
in my opinion chelsea doesn't play anti-football, sorry bout that man...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Some people and teams clearly value winning at all costs more than the harm it will do to the world of soccer and the nature of the game.
You included it would seem.

If you dislike the idea of winning at all costs and subscribe to the ideals of style over substance why the hostility towards Mancini?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all, Thanks for engaging in the discussion without just flat out calling us idiots or me an idiot for that matter. I want to say this. I like Mancio, I was just pissed off after the defeat yesterday. But after hearing the ITALIAN NATIONAL TEAM CAPTAIN say that we played the football, I feel proud. I know we are the real players of the football. The great teams of the past were the ones who introduced new styles relative to their age. In our age we want exciting football. And we better honor teams that deliver that to us, not teams that act selfish and ruin the game (including Cuper's Inter) by wanting trophies and ruining the art of soccer. Football is an art, not to be reckoned with the wrong way. If you ruin it, you face the consequences. Any damn team can stay back and defend. Did you see how Ancelotti subs out all his strikers 20 minutes before time every game? QUOTE RUFFIAN, its my observation

And did you see once Milan got their lead, their fukin Christmas tree formation turned into a dump of shit right in front of their goal with all 10 players.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Milan has scored allmost as many goals as Inter this season and only conceeded half of the goals Inter has let in. If it is anti-football to score a lot and conceed very little, so be it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Helenio Herrera - Catenaccio

Inter set the example and the standard. :D Milan or Chelsea don't play anti-football. Otherwise both teams would've sat back for the 0-0 and gone for the away goal in the return legs. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow barracuda didn't know you fell for my bait.

You hit on the point exactly!

Its' not the goals scored!

Its not!

Even Inter in 2002 scored the most goals and 2001 was 2nd behind Juve or something for goals scored. But they are anti-football.

Its not about the goals!

Ask someone yesterday- was the Chelsea game anti-football?

YES IT WAS

Yet 4 goals! HOw?

Its not about the goals, its about the style of play, the attacking.

Great counterattacks always lead to great goals, but they are still antifooty in nature.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haroon said:
Helenio Herrera - Catenaccio

Inter set the example and the standard. :D Milan or Chelsea don't play anti-football. Otherwise both teams would've sat back for the 0-0 and gone for the away goal in the return legs. ;)
So what Haroon? In that era teams were more attacking in nature. I said the nature of the play demanded is set by the era and the tone of the sport in general. back then, it was a revolutionary idea. Nowadays, we want exciting football- something Inter provides and Milan doesn't. And Cannavaro pointed it out, though we should add that in private he knows his Juvenuts do the same thing.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
chelsea play anti football? :jester: they are playing the best foootball this year, ac milan come close but inter are probably the most boring team to watch,the last time inter had an exciting game was in the final 5 minutes of the game against sampadoria :howler:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chelsea are anti-football at its best. Chelsea is a pure countering team that only wins against weak defenses. When Chelsea goes up against Milan whenever that may be, watch CHelsea get their asses handed to them b/c Milan can sure as hell defend. there is no weakness for Chelsea to exploit in that case, and there goes their game. Mourinho is a classic case of anti-football in a really, pro-football league.

I agree buzyb, Barcelona was the most exciting team for sure.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Nowadays, we want exciting football- something Inter provides and Milan doesn't.
For those who prefer high-scoring games, I suggest Basketball ;)

Apart from consistanly failing to play decent football, how is Inters game entertaining?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Puls,

Forget about the world. The situation that Inter is in requires a big trophy otherwise this pressure will continue to mount and build up. Entertaining football should be the least of the worries. Winning a big trophy (Scudetto or UCL) and not the TIM Cup every year should be of importance.

Inter fans are to be blamed for this as well. Diavolo heard an Inter fan saying that he would sell his ticket now and earn some money. :D That's slick coming from a season ticket holder.

There are multiple problems if you ask me.

-> No World Class player in the squad

-> Loads of disposable junk still in the squad

-> Bad management

-> Overhyped by Inter journalists and experts in Italia

-> Total lack of planning for a season

-> A coach who knows jack all about organisation and a lot about attacking

-> Lack of self-belief and concentration

-> Imbalanced squad

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
think that it will come to the chelsea-milan final and that chelsea will get their asses handed as you said...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decent football in your eyes is the Christmas tree which utilizes a great defense and numerous countless worthless passes and finally a run by Cafu for a goal. Or counters as seen yesterday.

Decent football in our eyes is all out attacking, first touch football with numerous chances, we just need to convert them.

And as I said once more, exciting football is not about the goals- its about the technique, which is why Inter won the Lo Scudetto for attacking play this year.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
buzyb said:
adriano IS world class!!
That's the over-hyping I am talking about. He did poop in the Milan derby when Nesta had him in his pocket. He has the elements to become World Class but he is surely not World Class at this point in time.

Let him perform at all levels and all situations first before calling him that.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haroon said:
Puls,

Forget about the world. The situation that Inter is in requires a big trophy otherwise this pressure will continue to mount and build up. Entertaining football should be the least of the worries. Winning a big trophy (Scudetto or UCL) and not the TIM Cup every year should be of importance.
Wrong, as much as I would jump at the chance and others would as well, I don't care. I want to do things right. Without any notion of referee cheating, or any type of unfair influences in the league management, though I'm not indicting any team in particular. I want to win the right way, that is why Cuper pissed me off at times, and at other times made me happy. We are so desperate yet we must not fall to this anti-ftoobal. Let Mancio stay and do his magic.

Haroon said:
Inter fans are to be blamed for this as well. Diavolo heard an Inter fan saying that he would sell his ticket now and earn some money. :D That's slick coming from a season ticket holder.
I don't know who Diavolo is, though I saw a banner yesterday with Diavolo on its front. Whatever, most Inter fans are loyal and we don't need talk of a few malcontents, which are just rumors.

haroon said:
There are multiple problems if you ask me.

-> No World Class player in the squad

-> Loads of disposable junk still in the squad

-> Bad management

-> Overhyped by Inter journalists and experts in Italia

-> Total lack of planning for a season

-> A coach who knows jack all about organisation and a lot about attacking

-> Lack of self-belief and concentration

-> Imbalanced squad

Great post, the last part, but I suggest you take it to the What's the Cure? thread. Here we are talking about everything that is wrong in the world, outside of Barcelona and Inter, and possibly Liverpool and Lyon.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts