Xtratime Community banner

Is Emerson the worst DM we have fielded in the last WC

• Yes, he's no match for Clodoaldo, Alemao, Dunga, Sampaio, Elzo, M. Silva, Cerezo, Falcao

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No, I enjoy his clueless passing and "breaking opponents leg" style

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes, he plays for *oma (only for Lazio fans)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No, his vision is second to none

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surely, someone that started in Gaymio could not do any worst

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Zagallo was a genius in 98, Cut Romario and put EMERSON in the squad!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I don't know, but i'm happy it is not Eduardo BOSTA in his position!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No, His speed and agility reminds me of Thierry Henry

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No, he is the living example of "modern" football

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Émerson that plays for Brazil is a totally different player that plays for Roma...I saw him play against Bologna this weekend and he looked impressive, even scored 2 good goals...but he still ain't fit to clean Dunga's boots!

and if it's true that the bastard doesn't want Romário in the team, because he's gonna lose power, than the answer is even more easier...

·
Registered
390 Posts
i think that considerin the options we have emerson would be one of the best brasilian DMs of late, but altho if we were to chose from roma, lima has been kickin @$$ there, n marcos assunscao has also been great n i prefer either of them over emerson... i used to be a big fan of emerson durin his leverkusen day , i think that he is gettin worse actually... i watched some roma games earlier in the season n also their CL games n i havent been impressed by him at all, n for the NT i havent seen him do anythin for a while, n he had that PATHETIC display at the copa america...
i voted on the at leeast its not eduardo bosta, simply cuz im glad its not eduardo bosta who i think is the worst DM ever to wear the brasil shirt

n btw rafael nice signature dude

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Udud,
Leomar is worst than Eduardo Bosta..... at least Eduardo Bosta can foul...Leomar not even that:eek: :devil: :eek: :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
dunno leomar so i cant really say anythin on him... but i think that emerson is better than cesar sampaio, if u compare them both at their best form...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO way Udud,
Don;t remember the Cesar Sampaio from Luxemburgo's Brazil. Remember him from the Palmeiras Parmalat.....remember him and Mazinho, they din't miss a pass and they were a wall in that midfiled!

Cesar Sampaio in his hey day was much better than Emerson!

I normally hink that Emerson is very like Rincon. Rincon started as a forward, then people put him back in offensive midfield and then Luxmeburgo put him as defensive midfield were he played the best football of his career. Emerson is a position behind Rincon. He started as offensive midfield, now he is a defensive midifeld and as the age will take up on him he will become a defender (in my opinion that is his true position!);)

·
Registered
390 Posts
oh now i remembered who leomar is... n true he did suck also but he was taken to that desperation confederations cup team which really did suck (wasnt he)
true that sampaio was great, but i also believe that emerson was equally great durin his leverkusen days where he did great controllin their midfield, but he jus seems to not have been the same since he got injured

n i agree that he will eventually become a defender, but i think the time hasnt come yet but if capello did play him there now instead of that b!tch zebina that would mean an extra spot in their disputed midfield...
n the same story was wit hierro as he started as striker, then fell back to midfield, and is now a CB... n i think he holds some spanish records for scorin! (altho i honestly dont think much of him now, i missed him durin the era he was supposedly great)

·
Registered
390 Posts
dude motta n rochemback havent even been mentioned... rochemback also had a really poor copa america but now hes been doin well in the barca games ive seen him, and if u had seen the games rochemback played for brasils U-20 team u wouldnt think lowly of him...
n motta hasnt even played half a season for barca n youre already comparin him to emerson? ive been impressed by what ive seen of motta, n he has steadily improved n learned in every game, while rochemback doesnt seem to evolve his game (but i hope im proven wrong)... the thing i think motta most has to work on, is his shot! hes gettin a lot of power on it, but its ALWAYS goin way wide
but i think theyre both gonna be great, n remeber even if at the moment they r worse than emerson, they r both fukkin young dude, n they WILL improve, n i think they both have the potential to become better than him...

·
Registered
784 Posts
U look satisfied by Motta and Rochenback with barcelona.

I think (and when I read the newspaper i'm not the only one) that it's a shame to see brasilian exports as bad as them for a team like Barcelona.
Emerson is a good ambassador and he's still a very good defensive midfielder in Europe.

It's not the case of Rochenback .

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Why doesn't Brazil call up 26 year-old Galatasaray's defensive midfielder Joao Batista(can also play as an attacking midfielder but usually plays defensive). He runs all over the pitch never stops for a second, has great technical ability, excellent passes and crosses and has good shot and has more heart than any player on the current Brazil squad. Batista is Galatasaray's heart and soul he is our golden-boy we would of done a lot better in Champions League if he played but good that he didn't becasue then every Italian, Spanish, and German teamwould be after him but he said he will never leave Galatasaray. Better act quick though he will become a Turkish citizen soon just like our best defender in the current squad Capone(too late on him he said he will never play for Brazil because they were too late in noticing his defensive expertise). Capone is 29 and he can play in any defensive position(right back, left back, central back, sweeper, stopper, and even defensive midfielder).:D :cool: :)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Can U name ONE Brazilian DM who's really better than Emerson?

I personally think Emerson is an excellent player. But the old Brazilian hatred for "hardball"-styled players, which once was aimed at Dunga, is now turned against Emerson. Dunga made every one of his critics eat their words, and for a while it appeared that a lesson had been learned by the Brazilian supporters.

But nothing has changed: Brazilians still hate players who value efficiency and hard work over showmanship. Most Brazilian supporters actually believe its possible to win games in world-class, competitive football by adding up playmakers. The old nonsense: "If we field four or five fuoriclasse creators the opposition will be so intimidated we won't even NEED to defend, because the other team will stick to their own defence in frightened awe". That's senseless baloney, sorry.

I didn't vote for any of the options because I disagree with all of them. Sorry. Ze da Fiel believes that Vampeta is vastly superior to Emerson, and I frankly don't think so. And neither does the rest of the world... ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Yeah, my boy Ze da fiel is a huge Vampeta fan and don't take me wrong Vampeta is a great player but when he went to Inter and PSG he proved that he is not up to Emerson's class. Emerson has not only more experience but I believe he's got what it takes to win it all while Vampeta has done nothing like that from what i've seen besides winning Copa America 99, Emerson was there aswell wasn't he?

Emerson has already won a scudetto with Rioma merda too. Emerson has survived in Calcio unlike Vampeta, that's the only thing that makes me think maybe Emerson is better, but for me Emerson is ok, Emerson or Vampeta would be fine with me! ;)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
..............and he is likely to be captain! I really do not know if I know futebol like I thought I did! Very good judges rate him highly but he seems very ordinary to me. I want more from a titular and from a captain who could lift Brazil's penta. Antonio Carlos Zago would be a better bet as captain (I know he won't get in Os 23).

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Garrincha,
I name you 2....... Gilberto Silva and Vampeta! vampeta is miles better than Emerson............ and Emerson can't pass a ball right to save his life.... at least in the Brazilian team!

Also , Emerson will never be able to be in the same sentence as Dunga. The only real problem Dunga had was his lack of mobility.....which Emerson has the same problem, with a skinnier body! Dunga is a legend, Emerson i doubt he will ever get there!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Batista from Galatasaray is better than all of these guys you mention you will see next sesaon if you watch CL games.

·
Registered
729 Posts
No, His speed and agility reminds me of Thierry Henry
Hilarious, whoever thought of this...

Garrincha,
I agree 100% with you. I personally like finesse players but efficiency is extremely important in Emerson's position. I'll take Emerson over Vampeta anyday, for his efficiency, his professionalism, and his success EVERYWHERE he has played in.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
mg1010 said:
Garrincha,
I agree 100% with you. I personally like finesse players but efficiency is extremely important in Emerson's position. I'll take Emerson over Vampeta anyday, for his efficiency, his professionalism, and his success EVERYWHERE he has played in.
Only an obsessive Corinthiano would consider Vampeta better than Emerson. :rolleyes: But of course, "obsessive Corinthiano" would be a perfect description of Ze. ;) :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts