Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy has everything a striker can wish for. Power. Perfect heading. Perfect ball control. Perfect first touch. yet people talk about him as if he made a crime for joining chelsea. Plus he is scoring goals like crazy in his first season in a tougher league. Is it jealousy because for the first time a great deal of money was spent to buy an african. No one was complaing when huge amounts of money was paid for guys like Veron, Rooney, Rio, Samuel,Over-weight Ronaldo,....

The same people who were saying E'too was expensive have now turned to Drogba now that Eto'o has silenced them.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
CMBurns said:
No one was complaing when huge amounts of money was paid for guys like Veron, Rooney, Rio, Samuel, Over-weight Ronaldo,....
These guys were proven at the highest levels, Drogba wasn't.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Eh, first time I can remember agreeing with a calcio thread.

Yeah, Drogba is pretty underapreciated. People have been judging him as he's been getting phased back into the side after injury and it's silly to do so. The game against Middlesbrough showed what a fully fit Drogba can do.

The guy literally has everything a forward needs to his game and some things they don't!

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interista said:
These guys were proven at the highest levels, Drogba wasn't.
Rooney proven :eek: :eek: For scoring 4 goals in the euro :rolleyes: Even Baros looked like god in that euro

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Drogba's a very good and complete forward, but his price tag seemed a little steep. But if you have the money, you might as well use it, plus everybody is expensive these days.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Well, Drogba would've received a flat payment of about 2 million dollars from the transfer fee.
I don't mind being unappreciated to that extent, if anyone's offering:)

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
He is the poor mans henry. Simple AS.

you are way overrating him, swap every "perfect" with "good" and it is true that he is good at all aspects but no way is he worth 24m or will he ever one of the best strikers in the EPL nevr mind the world.

Gudjohnson starts ahead of him for gods sake!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Interista said:
Yes, you can't deny that Rooney is one of the most talented player in the Europe right now.
OT:Sorry but I totally disagree. For me Rooney is only a powerful striker but nothing special. When I compare him to C.Ronaldo in terms of talent, he looks pretty poor.
Another thing is that I don't think he will improve lots cuz he has no brain.

I didn't follow him at Chelsea but last season at marseille he was great. He is a very complete striker but he was a little bit too expensive.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Please don't call him the poor man's Henry. Otherwise this will turn into another tiresome Henry bashing thread. Yes, he has similar qualities to Henry, but Chelsea aren't exactly the poor man, are they?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Baros shined for a reason because he is a top striker. He would have alot more goals but injuries have plagued his career. Rooney played well but scored against insufficient teams, and only scored in two games. Baros scored in every game other then the semi-final.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
IMO, BAROS is the most unapreciated striker, hes better than DROGBA!
Baros is one of the best strikers in europe.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
people dont appreciate droga because of his attitude, it has little to do with his striking ability, he is a good striker (though not among the best), and is at his best . So he is a perfect buy for chelse since they will change the whole team every year.
PS: Dont bash him if he is not playing well for chelsea, compare crespo at chelse and crespo at ac milan

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Crespo scored 13 goals for Chelsea yet played 'poorly'.
He didnt like England...it wasnt the club. Latin players often dont settle quickly in England. Crespo was pretty poor for Milan until a few weeks ago also.

Drogba is not worth to any other club what was paid for him, but to Chelsea he IS worth that. Chelsea will for the next while be subjected to inflated transfer money demands simply because they are Chelsea. I dont see the team changing much as long as the manager at Chelsea is not a revolving door type situation, such as it has been at Inter.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts