Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article that Davids now wants to come back and play in La Liga.

What do you guys think about that, should we bring him back in the summer or let Real get him.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
The problem now is, we have a good working team now. Who would he substitute? Also Davids is already 1(,5) years older then he was last year.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yeah where the hell did this come from... we don't need him, we need a defensive midfielder, a pivot. Davids occupies Deco's place, and Deco his heads and shoulders above Davids.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Question,

Why did you guys let Sorin go?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This article was in the Macedonian papers today, it said that Inter is willing to send Davids to Chelsea for Veron in the summer.
But Davids said that the only league that he would like to play other than the Calcio is La Liga. And also that there are only two or three clubs in La Liga that he would accept playing for.

It seems wierd to me that now he wants to come back. Thanks to him leaving last summer we got Deco and I also like Deco better than Davids

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Wasn't the Sorin thing also to do with the changing "EU players" rules?

Remember that when the rule came in we had 6 Non EU players. Sorin did well for us, and I would have been happy for him to stay, but aside from any money issue, we simply couldn't fit him in the squad thanks to the new rules.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
it's a pitty....he's a great player and very underrated...I wish RM had him!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Dagoods said:
it's a pitty....he's a great player and very underrated...I wish RM had him!
He certainly is that. Villareal can consider themselves very lucky to have such a great left back. :frownani:

Not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with either of our left backs. Gio is good in our system, and Sylvinho is effectively the same as Sorin, except he has the all important EU passport. But frankly, Sorin is better than both.

·
Registered
70,046 Posts
Well I consider Gio and Silvinho at the same level at least than Sorin. The left back position is not a problem to me right now.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Davids responded himself to the question this summer. It's easy, either you want to play for Barça or not. He decided to go. Now he's benched for Inter. So what? Barça is no second choice club.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Super Puyol said:
I don't want him, he insulted this club with his behaviour and we don't need him at all.
that's not quite true. Laporta insulted him first with statements like 'Davids is replaceable' and 'We can do without Davids' and stuff like that. This was the reason Davids didn't stay. He doesn't care about the money, it had to do with his principles.

Falastini said:
yeah where the hell did this come from... we don't need him, we need a defensive midfielder, a pivot. Davids occupies Deco's place, and Deco his heads and shoulders above Davids.
Davids has played at the center dm position a lot. Including Oranje, so i'd rather see him playing there than Albertini, and even Marquez. But i don't think we'll see him at Barça again.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
screw him. he turned his back on us, cya later.

the only caveat is i dont want him to go to real. he would def, be the best defensive player there.

for us, he is old, and would fight for a spot in our top 11. Still wouldnt be bad for back up, but i would look elsewhere for a younger more committed player. Shame, he was good for us, but thats gone.

as for the LB, sorin was only ok for us... i cant complain with gio, he's doing a good job.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Nah, if we need reinforcements on the midfield I think we should look at the midfield of PSV: Van Bommel and Vogel are both free agents this summer, and PSV does quite well in CL...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Krijn said:
Nah, if we need reinforcements on the midfield I think we should look at the midfield of PSV: Van Bommel and Vogel are both free agents this summer, and PSV does quite well in CL...
I don't know Vogel that well, but I agree completely with you in the case of Van Bommel. I think he's the player Barça need for next year: he scores a lot of goals (7 for PSV this year), he works hard for the team and he's a real fighter. I'm really a fan of Van Bommel and I hope Barça will do an attempt to get him.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Krijn said:
Would Van Bommel be pleased with a bench role at Barcelona though? I have a feeling his attitude could upset the squad...

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Fargo said:
Would Van Bommel be pleased with a bench role at Barcelona though? I have a feeling his attitude could upset the squad...
There's nothing wrong with Van Bommel's attitude, he's quite a quiet boy actually.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts