Xtratime Community banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Motta too, forgot him. He was decisive in the 3-1 particularly.

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
Quite possibly yes.

And one of them, in 2010, at Santiago Bernabeu of all stadia...

That was the year of revenge of ex

Mourinho over Barca
Eto'o over Barca
Lucio over Bayern
And Sneijder winning CL at Bernabeu..
... and Chelsea... the best games Inter played, arguably.

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
Quite possibly yes.

And one of them, in 2010, at Santiago Bernabeu of all stadia...

That was the year of revenge of ex

Mourinho over Barca
Eto'o over Barca
Lucio over Bayern
And Sneijder winning CL at Bernabeu..
As far as the Bernabeu goes, you can add Cambiasso and Samuel.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Yup. Mainly Sneijder though as he was just kicked out by Real, while Cambiasso and Samuel were at Inter for years already.

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
The Madridistas rooted for Inter, though (Mourinho their new coach and having beaten Barcelona)

Would've been nice to see the Inter v RM rivalry rekindled. La Grande Inter beat RM a few times, while La Quinta del Buitre knocked out Inter twice in the 1980s

Of course, we all remember the Baggio game in 1998-99

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
Agree he's a bit underrated, especially by the defense-obsessed fans. I don't think you could ask lot of him defensively since he's making runs all the time, but he had the tough luck of rarely playing as RWB with a back 3, which would have probably been his ideal position. From what I remember, only in Barça when Pep got a bit crazy with the weird asymmetrical formations, and maybe then at Juve at some points? He is also absurdly good and creative with the ball. The time I saw Guardiola's Barça live in the stadium that was one of the most impressive things at first -- this guy was as good as anyone in possession (and "anyone" that day = Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, etc).

IMO Cafu still was a better RB, both in his long prime and in the long term. Cafu in Sao Paulo was a complete beast, and that Sao Paulo is probably the best team out of South America in the last 30+ years. The best I have seen, by far. Then at Roma at some point it got absolutely ridiculous, especially playing with a back three. Unstoppable, tearing everything down and owning the flank. Then at Milan adapting to a more restrained role but still offering a lot in attack.

Never heard about that Zanetti.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts