Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant remember his last game in the azzurri shirt....
can anyone tell me? has he had a fight with trap?or is he just not that good anymore (this season).... :confused:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hes been dropped by Roma so hes been dropped by Italy, pretty simple really, he has no hate relationship with anyone as he is a very nice person from what I have heard. He just isnt picked anymore and rightly so at this current time.

At his best he is a midfielder Italy would love, but hes not at his best for 2 and a bit years now.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know......

seeing di livio, doni & tomassi all out of action (seeing the world cup list) ---->>> i now can only see room for fiore & ambrosini ;) oh yes and pirlo!

so... missing pictures filled in :cool:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
surely he couldnt make the squad. pirlo, ambrosini, maresca, gattuso, perrotta all better than him.

but you never with traps.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Tommasi was a great player in his time. He has gotten on a bit now and is no longer a regular, but in our Scudetto season he was close to the best midfielder in Serie A.

He is one of the few players who could hold his head up after the WC debacle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
great player

Has been my favorite Italian player for many years now. I love the way he plays and I thought he played exceptionally well in World Cup 2002. HE was also always my favorite because of his hair and beard -- so cool!

Too bad he had to go and other players liked F*cking Vieri stayed on the squad --- He hasnt done anything for the national team in a long time ---

Go #17 Tomassi!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yea, Trap couldn't accommodate him into the squad, what with people like Pirlo, Perrotta and Gattuso all being drafted in.

And oh, what happened to M. Ambrosini? He did well at WC02 and I'm hoping he'd make a comeback some day. Not forgetting C. Doni who was one of my favourites in his prime.

·
Registered
364 Posts
On the same subject, below is a piece of news on a former Azzurri star - Demetrio Albertini.

So, Albertini has retired from international football and is no longer part of the NT?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracted from Reuters News online

Albertini leaves Lazio for Atalanta
Wed 21 July, 2004 14:41

MILAN, July 21 (Reuters) - Former Italy midfielder Demetrio Albertini has left Lazio to join newly promoted Serie A side Atalanta.

Atalanta said on Wednesday that he had signed a two-year contract with the Bergamo club.

Albertini, who has won 79 caps for Italy, joined Lazio last season after spending a year on loan in Spain with Atletico Madrid at the end of a 13-year spell with AC Milan.

"He is ready to contribute, with his extraordinary experience, to our adventure in Serie A," said Atalanta in a statement.

·
Registered
329 Posts
azzurri4ever said:
On the same subject, below is a piece of news on a former Azzurri star - Demetrio Albertini.

So, Albertini has retired from international football and is no longer part of the NT?

That is much more complicated than that but if I put in a few words:

Albertini had a problem with trap and said that he wouldn't play for Italia if trap was the NT "boss"...

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
We'll see what happens, but the player, the legend, the gladiator, the Italian Intellectual, was injured bad tonight in a friendly. :sigh: :sigh: It looks like knee ligaments :eekani: :dazed:
Tomassi is my favorite Serie A player, too. I'll never forget his 2000-2001 campaign in which he helped us win the scudetto as superman. His play then declined a bit, largely because Capello ignored him for players like Lima. But even last season, he delivered several clutch performances for the Wolves, even leading us to our first win in Perugia for a quarter-century.
Stay strong, Damiano. We love ya, Brother Blood.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ah ha, so Albertini ran into problems with Trap and opted out of the NT until Trap was no longer boss? So is he gonna try and make a comeback into the NT now? We need more veterans like him!!!

ALBERTINI4ever said:
That is much more complicated than that but if I put in a few words:

Albertini had a problem with trap and said that he wouldn't play for Italia if trap was the NT "boss"...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts