Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally i don't believe that crespo or a striker is worth two excellent midfielders. I know Lazio didn't have the best season in front of goals or should i say a great goal scoring record.

But It was the team as a whole that won the scudetto. To get rid of two of the best players in the team to score more goals doesn't mean success. Just look at Middelsbourgh a few season's ago. All the attacking flare but no midfielders or defense(they were relegated).

I'm not comparing the two teams. I'm only trying to say that having a good stike force doesn't mean you'll win. I believe when you got a winning recipe you add to it, you don't pull it apart. Sorry Conceicao and Almeyda, and good luck to Crespo and Lazio. I don't see Lazio winning anything this year. - it's my personal opinion.

F_rog (a portuguese fan)

·
International
6,519 Posts
Crespo wasn't worth as much Lazio gave to Parma... NEVER !
Even Figo isn't.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Crespo had a great season last year, but I don't think he can repeat that, he will probably end up with 14-15 goals.

While Lopez will score 7-10.

If we gave S.Inzaghi the chance he could also score 14-15.

But Crespos name is bigger, thats why Cragnotti bought him.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop whining!
Crespo played alone this season and scored 20+ goals. Parma had crappy midfield with D.Baggio, Fuser, Ortega, etc. and Crespo had to make all the goals by himself. Imagine him with the one of the two best playmakers in the world - Veron, and best support striker and fastest player in the world - Lopez.And our wings will be good too.I don't have to spend the words about Nedved, and Zenden is also great.Actually he's better than Conceicao, only I liked Sergio more :) (like all Lazio fans).
So, don't worry, be happy!
FORZA LAZIO!!!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dino is right, If you watch the highlight of the Crespo goals, except for the 5 penalty goals he made, the goals he made were all part of his own game, He is a great player, and what is even grater about his, is that he is a player that moves very well in the serie A. To buy Crespo is in some way a sure deal!!! Lazio didn't gamble on buying a foreign player who could have been good and also terrible, so i think the Crespo deal is a bit exagerated, but I think all bid since the Vieri deal got that high. Crespo will come though I know it if not with goals, assist to el Piojo and viceversa, so quit saying it was too stupid, Last year they said the Vieri deal was stupid, cause lazio sold their greatest player, but if you look at it from a farther angle, we got quality player such as veron and cholo, and inzaghino. Crespo deal is a good buy, wait till he starts scoring!!!

FORZA LAZIO!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crespo IS worth it!!!

No doubt about it. Almeyda would leave anyway, Conceicao can be replaced. Now we have a dream-attack

FORZA LAZIO

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Loyality is a beautiful thing and so is football. But both beauties don't have to go hand in hand all the time. So let's just go on with the beautiful attack we have now. Shirt before name, anytime.

Lazio forever, players come and go and how do they say "La Lazio siamo noi"

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Alexx you have the right sentiment!!!! :)
Only Lazio counts at the end of the day!

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Lazio isn't going anywhere next season, belive me on that. I have one word for the Crespo deal, Stupid. As far as Lopez goes, I admitt he's a great footballer BUT he played last season over in the Spanish primra division which is nothing like the Serie A. Just look at some great players who've come to Italy after playing in Spain. Ronaldo, 2 time FIFA player of the year in Barcelona and he's done nothing over in Inter. Ortega used to be a great player over in Valencia given the fact that the coach didn't like him, but he still was great.What happened to him over in Italy with his forst club Sampdoria? Nothing!, they went to Serie B the following season.Then he went to Parma where he had a horrendous season, and now there's even talks about him returning to Argentina. Zamorano, he scored 80 goals with Real Madrid and Sevilla in 3 years, he could've been the 1994 FIFA player of the year had they had one that year, which they didn't. He's been mediocre over in Inter. same thing is happening to Seedorf and many other players, why? beacuse the Serie A is much more defensive where a 1-0 win is more than enough, its not pretty but its very effective and that's why its arguably the top league in the world. So don't hold your breath about Claudio Lopez scoring 7-10 goals when the season gets underway, becuase in my opinion he would be lucky to score 5.
That's my opinion.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
When you reffer to Parma's midfield next year,and you call it crappy you are right.Just exclude Fuser.He was the main supplier to Crespo,without him Crespo would get 15 goals,not 20+.

Crespo will score his 20+ for Lazio,thats for sure.

Legend,saying that Simone "I'm the borther of Pippo and I show it" Inzaghi would score as many goals as Crespo is so unbelivable.

Sometimes I think that some Italians overrate their players SO much.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
1st of All Amoroso!: Crespo Scored 22 Goals this season, 5 of them were from Penalties, and i don't think Fuser was that good this season as you describe him! With Veron, Nedved, Simeone and Zenden he will end up with 30 Goals at least! I just hope that he will not play by himself in Lazio like he did in Parma.

As for Dino: YOU'RE THE MAN! :) You've taken the words out of my mouth.
Way The Go! Listen to him guys, he's smart! I agree with every single word written there!
:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for Laziali, thank you! Just don't overrate me.I'm pretty small fish (at least at Xtratime). :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes he is
Do you remember Crespo goal against Juve??
It was superb goal.
93 minute two players down, he alone with 4 defenders and he scored.
he will score 25 or more for us.
i loved Conceicao too but he had to go and Zenden will be here and he is better then Sergio.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
hey...i don't agree with Dino and Laziali all they way.Yea..Crespo last season was without great midfielders and then what about Inzaghino,he was even without any wellknown midfielders when in Piacensa but still he scored 15 goals.then how much was he when coming to Lazio? I believe Crespo deal is way too expensive!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Laziali,if there was one man who assisted Crespo at the Parma midfield it was Fuser who had a superb season as always (and I'm sure you Laziali know that better than me).He made at least 5-6 assists to Crespo with his crosses and passes.

I cant believe you compare Inzaghino with Crespo...

PS.All of a sudden Zenden is better than Conceicao...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Amo i'm not trying to compare Inzaghino with Crespo(coz i know he is much better than Inzaghino),i just don't like the reason that Crespo is good because he could score without support from midfielder.if that's the reason why Crespo is expensive then what's the difference between him and Inzaghino????Inzaghino also could score without support from wellknown midfielders.do you get it??

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Baby Inzaghi scored something like 7 of his goals from the penalty kick. He managed just 8 goals from open play. Crespo scored 17. That's more than twice as much...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts