Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
He will be inshallah in the next couple of years, he's showing signs of solidity and class already since the euros.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It may have been an incredibly boring match, but Chiellini certainly put in an impressive performance against Inter. I was surprised to learn he's 24 though. It seems like only yesterday I was watching him at an U-21 tournament.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He's shown fantastic consistency even coming back from that injury he quickly got back into great form sign's of a real champion and great news for the Italian NT:proud::thumbsup::smileani:.About being the best I can't give an honest answer on that one.:undecide:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
hes a great defender, he had 2 excellent games against us in the CL. one more like him and italy wont have to worry about cannavaro anymore. his reading of the game is excellent he doesnt rush himself. not the best but he has the right attributes to be one in the future.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
he surely is among the top 5, but still not the number 1...though he will take that spot from nesta in an year or two...

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
No

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
It may have been an incredibly boring match, but Chiellini certainly put in an impressive performance against Inter. I was surprised to learn he's 24 though. It seems like only yesterday I was watching him at an U-21 tournament.
Hhe was eligible to play for Italian U-21 until last year.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
He certainly has the potential to be the best, very solid from what I've seen, very good tackler.

·
Registered
216 Posts
:rollani: rio is class
Rio IS class, I know. He is, for me, by far the best defender in the world right now. But who does he have in contention? Gallas, Carvalho or Samuel?

It's not the same as when Nesta was the best defender in the world where he had to be better than the likes of Stam, Cannavaro, Thuram and Ayala. You see anytime someone calls a cb as the best I automatically compare this defender with Nesta, Stam, Thuram on their prime, and to me Ferdinand is not quit there yet. I'd feel much safer with these guys at the back than with Ferdinand.

And to answer the question no Chiellini is not the best CB in the world, he makes far too many mistakes to be considered the best. He will dominate in big games and he has great presence on the pitch along with excellent tackles but he needs to add to his concentration level.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Ferdinand is awesome, but this season he hasn't been that good IMO. He's still easily top 5 because he was out of this world last season, but this season I don't think he's been that good.

A lot of good players have fallen away from incredible seasons last, Casillas, Ferdinand etc.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice to see no one likes sergio ramos anymore lol
Does he ever play CB anymore?

Chiellini has been a beast non-stop since the beginning of last season. I don't watch the EPL anymore so I can't comment on Ferdinand, but even when I used to and he was rated as the best then by some, I thought he had a tendency to do some bloopers too frequently.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
My obviously biased pick would be Rafa Marquez

1 - 20 of 51 Posts