Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people have criticised Chelsea's style of football. Some people have also said they have fallen short of the requirement of the team at the top of the table, namely to play the best football in the country.

Teams like Arsenal's Invincibles last year, Manchester United's team of the late 1990s and Liverpool in the late 1970s and early 1980s, they are rare things - teams that could sweep all aside with dazzling style.

But most championship-winning sides win about 10 of their games with fantasy football - the rest are ground out 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc. And Chelsea are no different. If they win the title, they will be deserved champions.

Yes, they are a more attractive, more expressive team when Arjen Robben is playing, but they aren't a one-man team by any stretch of the imagination and they are capable of playing attractive football without the Dutchman.

Joe Cole, Damien Duff, Didier Drogba, Eidur Gudjohnsen - boring? No way

So what do u think ?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Chelsea are not boring.

One defensive peformance against Barca and we're the most boring team in the world? No.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
well without Robben...u r :nasty:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I think thats the match ... The Most Potent Attack vs The Super-Scrooge Defense.

It ended up with Scrooge having more Goals... now thats Not Boring.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, with robben Chelsea is playing another game. Its not that Robben is making such a difference but the tactics are different and more defencive, counter-attack without robben. With robben the defence is more playing on the middle and then CHelsea is making the game and plays very offencive.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
without Robben there is no adventure and imagination, it's just cropss, cross, cross and the odd longshot from Lampard, only Joe Cole in the last few games has shown any.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
well chelsea won the carling cup, and now they certainly will win the premier league, and they r in the quarter finals of the UCL !
i think they r playing realistic football

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
I love how a fan of a team from the Serie A gets a thread like this started.

Chelsea is getting the job done and they don't have to look pretty doing it. :stuckup:

·
63,337 Posts
same old tonight, i think the Chelsea fans are enjoying it at the moment, but next year i think they will want something better to look at for their money, after all these guys always played good football even if they had soft centres

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
You play to win, not entertain. If you want to see entertainment then watch Raul Bravo and Pascal Cygan. :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Adriano10 said:
I think thats the match ... The Most Potent Attack vs The Super-Scrooge Defense.

It ended up with Scrooge having more Goals... now thats Not Boring.
What to say about inter after tonight?

·
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
You play to win, not entertain. If you want to see entertainment then watch Raul Bravo and Pascal Cygan. :D
what a shocking comment, would you really bother to watch Milan if they offerd no entertainment ?

if there is no entertainment you have no memories, i know, i watched a shocking Arsenal win the Cup winners Cup in 1994 and i have no recollection of hardly any of the matches.

Chelsea aren't as bad as that but the Chelsea fans were brought up on Hudson, Osgood and Zola, they will want something better next year, it's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Chelsea aren't as bad as that but the Chelsea fans were brought up on Hudson, Osgood and Zola, they will want something better next year, it's the nature of the beast.
Exactly. How long do you think the yiddos would've put up with Santini's defensive football for? Not too long.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Chelsea's not really boring. Robben is nice. I actually enjoy your defensive performance (especially Carvalho and Terry) against Barça first leg though your attacking department is atrocious that night. Not as enjoyable as Arsenal and Man Utd., but still not bad either.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I agree with Zhuge Liang.

Some players are not living up to the hype and there is a lot of change at the club that happened very quickly. Defense is easy to setup while offense is more about understanding between players which takes more time to develop. Add to that the truly world class top rate attacking talent is higher at a few other clubs to which Chelsea is being compared to.

Robben seems to be at such a high level he makes a huge difference also.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts