Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if Chelsea fans actually think they are a superior side, to Barcelona who are, IMO, playing the most attacking and attractive football in Europe ATM. :shades:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
attacking wise no

defensively yes.

I think the recent ties proved that there is nothing much in it at all.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Laporta said:
Why, because they counter-attacked effectively against a weak Barcelona defense? :shades:
weak defence is a pretty major weakness in football, if Barcelona knew how to defend well they would be an amazing team.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
If both teams would use the same tactics (4-3-3), this would be the probable lineups:
GK
Valdes - Cech. Valdes won't win this one for sure. He's talented and all that, but still not consistent enough over the course of a whole season. He will get there though. Cech on the other hand is an extremely reliable goalie, who will only get better imo.
LB & RB
Gallas - Gio & Ferreira - Belletti. Defensively, Gallas and Ferreira. Attacking, Gio and Belletti. It all comes down to the way you want to play. With Chelsea's more carefull style of play, Gallas & Ferreira are of better use to them. Same goes for Gio & Belletti for us.
CB:
Terry & Carvalho - Puyol & Oleguer. Although i like Oleguer a lot, he's probably not good enough for Barça in the long run and can't be compared with the likes of Terry & Carvalho. But i rate Puyol just as high as Terry, if not higher. IMO Puyol definitely outshines Carvalho. But Chelsea wins this comparison, Barça need some defensive reinforcement.
DMC:
Marquez - Makalele. Considering the fact Marquez started out as 3rd choice in this position (behind Motta and Edmilson) he's doing one hell of a job for us. He really surprised me. And i think he would do just as well with Chelsea. His versatility comes in handy as well, he's a very good CB too. I don't really like Makalele, i don't exactly know why but if i had to choose one i'd choose Marquez. Yeah call me biased :D
MC:
Tiago or Smertin or that Czech guy & Lampard - Deco & Xavi.
This is a tight one but the combination of Deco & Xavi outshines the others. Yes Lampard is great and i think he would do very well with us but he wouldn't be a starter i think.
AMR:
Giuly - Joe Cole
Giuly has had a lot of bad luck with injuries so far and he still hasn't reached the level of play he achieved with Monaco last year, while on the other hand Joe Cole really seems to be living up to his talent this season. So this one goes to Joe Cole.
AML:
Ronaldinho - Duff or Robben
This one goes to Ronnie ofcourse, no question about it. Yes Robben did very well, but never had a long run of games so he can't prove himself over a longer period. Duff is a good player but not in the league of Robben and certainly not Ronaldinho.
SC:
Eto'o - Drogba.
Difficult but i choose Eto'o. Drogba doesn't score enough imo, and Eto'o has more to his game. He's faster, a better dribbler and a better finisher although that needs some work done. But for the system Chelsea uses Drogba is a very usefull player so in your system he might be just as good as Eto'o.

Final score: Barça 4, Chelsea 3 points :D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
weak defence is a pretty major weakness in football, if Barcelona knew how to defend well they would be an amazing team.
Indeed, thats why Chelsea is a better side, they are more balanced.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Chelsea has been the quality team this season, their defence is exceptional and I believe they have an aggressive attack as well. Who are your tips for the final of the CL. Chelsea and AC Milan?

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JackoTheDon said:
Out attacked by Real Madrid :)
I'm sure you mean "Out countered" instead of "Out attacked", no problem my son, everybody can make mistakes, its human, just look at Barcelona's defense. :shades:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
If both teams would use the same tactics (4-3-3), this would be the probable lineups:
L.O.L.

The managers try to come up with tactics that counter the one of the opposite team and therefore your comparing two teams that would presumably play in the same way doesnt hold a solid basis, especially after you saw what happened in reality.

·
THE
14,135 Posts
Jesus, how boring barca fans can be.
Look, if you'd play the most attacking and attractive football, then your weak defence wouldn't be a problem, now would it? You'd still score shitloads of goals and win anytime. But you don't.

·
Registered
365 Posts
kat said:
Jesus, how boring barca fans can be.
Look, if you'd play the most attacking and attractive football, then your weak defence wouldn't be a problem, now would it? You'd still score shitloads of goals and win anytime. But you don't.
And how old are you, 8? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Don Techno said:
L.O.L.

The managers try to come up with tactics that counter the one of the opposite team and therefore your comparing two teams that would presumably play in the same way doesnt hold a solid basis, especially after you saw what happened in reality.
No way. Barça NEVER changes it's tactics drastically to counter the opposing team's tactics. There might be some slight changes here and there, but generally Barça is the kind of team that forces it's will upon it's opponent and that's the way the game should be played imo.
I agree i didn't say it correct, but both teams play a form of 4-3-3 when in posession. Chelsea often changes to 4-5-1 when the opponent has the ball, which Barça doesn't but that and the fact that Barça's style is way more adventurous are about the only differences between the 2 teams. Thus the lineups i posted are for at least 90% correct.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
thats y barca lost, they concentrate so much on attack and forget about defending, you cant expect the other team to be soo foolish not to attepmt to counter when that is the best option against a team that plays like barca do, and then you have the nerve to go out and use the term "counter" with negative conotations instead of blaming yourselfs for leaving your defense wide open.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts