Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news has come, that star Spanish striker, Fernando Morientes has NOT reieved the call to EURO 2000! Instead the moron Camacho chose players like Munitis and Gerard. With all due respect to the spnish coach, this is bullsh|t! :( :( :( Other sensational news is the call-up of just turned 19 goalie Iker Casillas. His form may have earned him the place,but to choose Gerard haead of Morientes is a bit of a misundersatnding :(

D

·
0 Posts
I can't see a single reason to not take Morientes in the team !!!!!

Even though Morientes has had some injury problems recently, he still has quite easily a place in.

Big blow for Fernando :( I hope it won't be a big blow for Spain though...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking at his reord sais a lot - 10 goals in 13 games! How could he have been left out? Spains chances have just gone down the gutter I'm afraid :( :( :(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Gerard Vs Guerrero.....

No need, Guerro wins it easy

Cause honestly. Gerard is supposed to be a sub,right? If Guerro would be on he aswell would be a sub.

Who is a better Sub??

Dont you agree that Guerro is a player that can take own initiatives and influnce the play a lot more then Gerard??

Camacho is crazy, Gerard is **** compare to Guerro.

Mori issue.....Whose place would he take?? Munitis has been a personal favourite of Camacho for a long time. There simply wasnt any space for Mori. Be sure of that if the squad was consisting of 23 player Mori would get the call.

Real&Barcafan

B

·
0 Posts
Especially since Raul and Morientes work so well together. Maybe the recent injuries he's had hurt his chances although after be scored in the Champions League final Wednesday, I thought he sealed a spot on the team.

Dissappointed, yeah, a bit. However, they have a great, great chance to win this competition and we should channel our energies into cheering for the team.

Kiko, Salva and Guerrero didn't get call ups either.

It's not an easy decision as you are certain to leave out great players.

Bill

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with Bill on this one - you're bound to leave some greats out. And now that I analyse it a bit cooler, I have to say the biggest shock is not Mori, but Guerrero. Why do i say this? Well it's opretty simple - look at the players that were piced in front of Mori --> Raul, Urzaiz and Alfonso > they are all world class. And then look at who was picked instead of Guerrero --> Gerard! This has to be the biggets joke of the day :( I mean how can one good game (valencia - lazio) be enough to ensure a EURO 2000 opick! Amazing! :(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so we all agre on Guererro. That's the first big "-" of Camachos.

Concerning Morientes, I have posted my opinion on the matter in the Real Madrid forum and I herefore copy it:
Urzaiz is an awesome player to say the least! I am not mad at all that he is in the squad! It's a good choice from Camacho, because the guy really knows how to score. He has hada weaker season at Athletic, but so has the whole team! He was great though last year and since then been a regular. If I have to compare Mori and Ismael I would really have trouble choosing the better. The player we really can blame for Morentes' absence is not him, because he was an obvious choice, but Alfonso Perez. Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but if Camacha had any doubts at all, it was between Mori, Salva and Alfonso. Unfortunately he decided the latter is currently on best form. I can't really disagree with him, because A. has really been awesome lately in Betis, but if you ask me, Mori would've still been the better choice simply for his great comunication with Raul and we all know Raul si gonna be a starter. Anyway that's how I see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts