Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think David Beckham is to much of a show pony and just good enough for all the glamour,It seems that it's all he's really about these days more and more.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Schumy said:
Do you think David Beckham is to much of a show pony and just good enough for all the glamour,It seems that it's all he's really about these days more and more.
:thmbup: I totally agree with you, after the money not the footy!!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
defo, he just loves to play those showy passes from one wing to another that look very nice but achieve nothing, has he ever used the outside of his foot or his instep in his career yet ? :googly:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
It's really not a news to me. Beckham at his prime could score goals from Freekicks and could give some delicious crosses but that was shut down some years ago. Now he's living due to japanese market. Otherwise this player would've been sold to Messina!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean every little bit of marketing no matter what it is he's there,He'll always be remembered for his marketing skills far over his footballing.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Schumy said:
Yes

·
Registered
687 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
defo, he just loves to play those showy passes from one wing to another that look very nice but achieve nothing, has he ever used the outside of his foot or his instep in his career yet ? :googly:
How do you say his passes doesn't achieve nothing? His long passes are the main reason players like Zidane get so much time on the wings to show his show pony tricks... Beckham sees things so early that he frees Zidane or Figo completely on the wings with those passes and they get so much time to do their showy things. Without Beckham, Zidane will only look half good at Real madrid

I really don't understand what do you mean by he cannot use his instep or outside. The fact is only Beckham can pass to anywhere he likes with pin point accuracy. Nobody can do this. So what he only uses one style of passing but he gets everything done with that one style.. Like Maradona uses only his left foot to do everything. Just because maradona's right is lousy that doesn't mean he cannot do everything in football by just using his left..

And of course my beckham is a marketable item. He is the best player this decade, looks great, a wonderful father and the most innocent person in the world.
Not like the ugly Ronaldinho, the arrogant and baldy Zidane and the fatty ronaldo. Who wants to market this guys when there is man called Beckham who has everything from football skills to good looks...

** Beckham has the best right foot since football was invented****

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
beckham mania said:
How do you say his passes doesn't achieve nothing? His long passes are the main reason players like Zidane get so much time on the wings to show his show pony tricks... Beckham sees things so early that he frees Zidane or Figo completely on the wings with those passes and they get so much time to do their showy things. Without Beckham, Zidane will only look half good at Real madrid

I really don't understand what do you mean by he cannot use his instep or outside. The fact is only Beckham can pass to anywhere he likes with pin point accuracy. Nobody can do this. So what he only uses one style of passing but he gets everything done with that one style.. Like Maradona uses only his left foot to do everything. Just because maradona's right is lousy that doesn't mean he cannot do everything in football by just using his left..

And of course my beckham is a marketable item. He is the best player this decade, looks great, a wonderful father and the most innocent person in the world.
Not like the ugly Ronaldinho, the arrogant and baldy Zidane and the fatty ronaldo. Who wants to market this guys when there is man called Beckham who has everything from football skills to good looks...

** Beckham has the best right foot since football was invented****

FUK OFF ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
This guy has to be a joke, because not even a diehard Beckham fan would praise him this much. Let's get this straight, Beckham has done nothing for Real Madrid since he has come and hasn't done anything for his NT as well in over 2 years or more.

·
Registered
687 Posts
O Glorioso said:
This guy has to be a joke, because not even a diehard Beckham fan would praise him this much. Let's get this straight, Beckham has done nothing for Real Madrid since he has come and hasn't done anything for his NT as well in over 2 years or more.
I praise Beckham because i think he is the best footballer in this decade. What's wrong with that?

Beckham was the best player in the first 6 months at Madrid. He will win the CL this year. And for England did you remember the Greece game? The only game where u can see a player singlehandedly dominated a match since Maradona in 86... He was unlucky with injuries this past few year and when he is fit, another Greece game performance is on the cards...

And Jern Lizard pls don't use rude languages. That wasn't very nice.. :nasty:

·
Administrator
30,839 Posts
I think there is a exageration...Beckham had a very good game against Juve and with Luxemburgo, who can use him better, he is doing well. And certainlly he still can deliever crossing and passing, after all, that is how Real won. He did a great tatical game but that is all. The rest is all exageration down and up.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Personally I feel that his freekicks and long ranged passings are the best that he has (read: I'm not saying that his is the best in the world).

Jern, I feel that even if she is deluded or whatever, you shouldn't have said that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

As for, um, Beckham Mania, Becks is not as innocent as you said him to be. ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
beckham mania said:
I praise Beckham because i think he is the best footballer in this decade. What's wrong with that?

Beckham was the best player in the first 6 months at Madrid. He will win the CL this year. And for England did you remember the Greece game? The only game where u can see a player singlehandedly dominated a match since Maradona in 86... He was unlucky with injuries this past few year and when he is fit, another Greece game performance is on the cards...

And Jern Lizard pls don't use rude languages. That wasn't very nice.. :nasty:
Oh you can't be serious can you?Beckham dominating a match since Maradona in 86,what did he dominate?Look at players such as Baggio,Zidane,Ronaldinho,Van Basten etc and see what domination is about.Beckham comes nowhere near these guys.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Schumy said:
Oh you can't be serious can you?Beckham dominating a match since Maradona in 86,what did he dominate?Look at players such as Baggio,Zidane,Ronaldinho,Van Basten etc and see what domination is about.Beckham comes nowhere near these guys.
What game that this Zidane, van basten dominated? Pls specify the game. Flash of briliance here and there in a good team. That's all they have ever done.
But beckham carried the whole lousy England team in that greece game. He was like the only one playing. That what maradona did in 86. Since then no performance like that ever happened until Beckham's

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
He isnt a show pony on the field simply because he has no dribbling skills at all!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Siemens may hang a mobile over him next time he plays....

you dont need dribbling skills to be showy.. beckham style.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts