• Ballack is underrated

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is slightly off-topic since Ballack isn't an Inter player (yet). But following from Razman's recent comment, I'd like to know exactly what you guys think about Ballack, and in particular, whether he's overrated.

I'd like to see a proper debate. If you can support your comments with something concrete, that would be great.

A poll would be nice too. Right, Vlep? :angel:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Ballack is as good as it gets, I'm sure had he joined you he would have been getting a lot more respect.

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red Bed said:
Ballack is as good as it gets, I'm sure had he joined you he would have been getting a lot more respect.
LOL. I was wondering how long you'd take to get here! :D

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ballack is not over-rated.

Can't believe you're sporting a Recoba avatar Firdaus! :eekani: No wonder this clown has managed to stay at Inter for so long as he always puts in these performances at just about the right time to finish off on a good note.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Haroon said:

Can't believe you're sporting a Recoba avatar Firdaus! :eekani: No wonder this clown has managed to stay at Inter for so long as he always puts in these performances at just about the right time to finish off on a good note.
true, recoba had his yearly performance against lazio, now he can suck and be injured like he allways is untill some time next season where he will score 2 goals against some other shitty team, to please the most ignorant inter fans + the stupid inter management.

Seriously the same people are complaining about adrianos inconsistansy, but they dont complain about recoba who is probably the king of all inconsistant players. :thmbdown:, he basicly invented the term... Its hilarious how a forward can still be in a big club like inter for 8 seasons now, and has never scored more than 10 goals in a serie A season for them, this can really only happen at inter... :stress: only at inter, only with this inter management.

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haroon said:

Can't believe you're sporting a Recoba avatar Firdaus!
Where have you been? I've had different Chino avatars before. This is a new one though. :shades:

No wonder this clown has managed to stay at Inter for so long as he always puts in these performances at just about the right time to finish off on a good note.
I see you've fallen prey to the inconsistency myth as well. In short, he hasn't been played consistently. And when he has, he's proven himself.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2557213&postcount=125
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2566625&postcount=201
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2567060&postcount=203
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2568472&postcount=212
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2568912&postcount=217
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2569159&postcount=219
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2569541&postcount=223

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
A player who brings a medicore Bayer and Germany side to respective finals of the Champions League and World Cup is not overrated. He has had a bit of bad luck since he did not feature in the final.

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Azzkikr said:
true, recoba had his yearly performance against lazio, now he can suck and be injured like he allways is untill some time next season where he will score 2 goals against some other shitty team, to please the most ignorant inter fans + the stupid inter management.

Seriously the same people are complaining about adrianos inconsistansy, but they dont complain about recoba who is probably the king of all inconsistant players. :thmbdown:, he basicly invented the term... Its hilarious how a forward can still be in a big club like inter for 8 seasons now, and has never scored more than 10 goals in a serie A season for them, this can really only happen at inter... :stress: only at inter, only with this inter management.
Right. How many minutes has Recoba played compared to Adriano? Has he been played consistently? Cuz you sure as hell make it sound like he does.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Lol? im not saying adriano is consistant, learn to read, but recoba is much much MUCH more inconsistant, and he has never scored more than 10 goals in a serie A season, thats fact even the blindest recoba fanatic cant argue with, and it should be good enough for even the most retarded person to realise that recoba sucks, and has been a waste closetspace for the last 8 seasons.

Over the past 8 SEASONS he has had plenty of minutes, but fact is that he is sucking 25% of the time he plays. A player is only as good as his lowest level, and recobas lowest is really insanely low. That combined with the fact that he is to often injured makes him a really pathetic player.

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Azzkikr said:
Lol? im not saying adriano is consistant, learn to read, but recoba is much much MUCH more inconsistant,
I never claimed that you said Adriano was consistent (learn to type). ;) I was calling you out on your claim that Adriano is more consistent than Recoba. :wallbang:

and he has never scored more than 10 goals in a serie A season, thats fact even the blindest recoba fanatic cant argue with,
Really. He scored 11 goals in less than a full season when on loan to Venezia (he only joined them during the January transfer window). So much for your "fact".

Over the past 8 SEASONS he has had plenty of minutes, but fact is that he is sucking 25% of the time he plays. A player is only as good as his lowest level, and recobas lowest is really insanely low. That combined with the fact that he is to often injured makes him a really pathetic player.
Show me where he has had plenty of minutes compared to the other starters for each season and how he performed when he actually played consistently. I suggest you look at the links I posted above before you dig your own grave.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
He is not overrated. A great player to fill the CM spot of a team with a great hard tackler next to him, a la Makelele or Emerson or Veira. But in our team? Doesn't fit the role. There are better more proven players like Pizarro.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
He is a player many would regard as the 'only' world class player Germany have at the moment. Getting Germany to the final by sacrificing his place to the final to kick the soccer team out. I believe he was underrated up untill now he is being linked to Chelsea/Real/Man U/Inter while actually when he was in his best form [2/3 years ago] not many considered him as that good player, strange.

To answer you question, no I do not believe he is overrated. He is a very good player who can help any team improve, can only wish he would join Inter.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Firdaus said:
IReally. He scored 11 goals in less than a full season when on loan to Venezia (he only joined them during the January transfer window). So much for your "fact".
lol, we are talking at Inter here..... that was really poor.

Firdaus said:
Show me where he has had plenty of minutes compared to the other starters for each season and how he performed when he actually played consistently. I suggest you look at the links I posted above before you dig your own grave.
lol, is this a joke? you apparently havent seen many inter games throughout the last 8 years, recoba has NEVER been consistent. And do you think its a coincidence or somekinda conspiracy against recoba since he havent got more playtime? its funny how every coach seems to choose other players instead of him, he has had hes chances, but has allways failed to produce any kind of consistancy and thats why he isnt first choice, never has been, never will be.

Im willing to bet my entire estate that on any given sunday afternoon you can find recoba, dressed up in a japaneese schoolgirl uniform and bend over moratti's knee. I am simply clueless why this eternal talent is still at the club.

I repeat, ONLY at inter, can this happen.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Azzkikr said:

Please take off your 'I hate Recoba no matter what he does' glass off. This inconsistant and Recoba is getting more tedious then OnRee and the word Choke.

Recoba does not get the chance to be play 10 consecutive games and you compare him to a player who for the last two seasons had two massive form dip and still gets played regularly. This season whenever Recoba has come on from the bench [e.g. against Fiorentina]or started the game he played excellent and has a high rating.

I agree he gets injuried few times a season but even when he is 'fit' he doesn't get the chance he deserves and you are unjustly accusing him of being inconsisten [myth].

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Azzkikr said:
lol, we are talking at Inter here..... that was really poor.
You didn't say "at Inter", genius. You said "in a Serie A season". And Venezia was in Serie A. Read your own post.

lol, is this a joke? you apparently havent seen many inter games throughout the last 8 years, recoba has NEVER been consistent. And do you think its a coincidence or somekinda conspiracy against recoba since he havent got more playtime?
As I said show me stats...goals per minute. Or something to back up what you say. Otherwise, your claim is baseless. Let's see if YOU have watched Inter before the last season. I doubt that.

Can you produce any stats? Or are you just full of it?

its funny how every coach seems to choose other players instead of him, he has had hes chances, but has allways failed to produce any kind of consistancy and thats why he isnt first choice, never has been, never will be.
Again, which coaches are you referring to? Were you referring to Novellino? Lippi? Tardelli? They played him very often. Oh wait, I forgot - you're just talking without anything to back you up.

Im willing to bet my entire estate that on any given sunday afternoon you can find recoba, dressed up in a japaneese schoolgirl uniform and bend over moratti's knee. I am simply clueless why this eternal talent is still at the club.
I doubt you actually are the legal owner of the estate or that it's worth very much in the first place. But whatever.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Recoba is a good player but it is funny that the same people who criticize Stankovic are so in love with Recoba.

Stankovic scores two big goals against Ajax in our 3-2 agg getting us into the Champions League quarters and people still don't give him the credit he deserves.

Recoba scores 2 goals against a piss poor Lazio and everyone and their brother is sporting a Recoba avatar. :rollani:

I find it hilarious how bias some people are.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I think this is a Ballack thread people...keep on topic.

Ballack is definately not overrated, as said previously he took two poor sides to finals, and we will see how Bayern will cope without Ballack next season, you will see that they wont be the same side they ve been for the past 3 or 4 seasons

1 - 20 of 52 Posts