Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have all the talents and great players...they did so well in the WC qualifers...but when they played nigeria, they didn't really impress me...ok, they still won the game but veron didn't really play that well...they struggled to score until batigol found the net mid in the second half...and in the england game, veron, kily, batigol, ortega didn't do much offensively...veron was even pulled out b4 the second half started...i think their 3-4-3 lineup is not working...they really need ayala back...their defense is too shaky and their keeper is average...

1 win and 1 draw in 2 games...it's not good enough when u talk about a team like argentina...

p.s. 2 straight bad performance by veron...i think it's time to make a chance...let start aimar...aimar did better than veron in the england game and was effective...but he just didnt' shoot that well...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Overrated?... I dont think so. The names they have says it all. Today they didnt want it as much as England but they havent lost a game b4 today in 2 years. Surely that tells you something.

There are no easy games in the WC or not many anyway.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
From todays game the answer to your has definately got to be yes, but it was one bad game, after the world cup it will be much easier to answer your question.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not really. Remember, this is group o' death. But they're vulerable to quick counterattack and tight defence, even if they reach the final, Italy could repeat the England trick tonight.

·
Registered
765 Posts
To me Argentina are still the favourites to win the WC. I just can't see them going out after the groupstages. The big sensation must be that France are going out (they wont win with a 2 goals margin against Denmark). Though it would be great to meet Sweden in the 1/8 finals (from a Danish point of view) I think Argentina in the end will pull through - it'll be a hard match - Sweden are tactically very wise and Argentinas have to be at their best to win!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Of course not. Today Veron had a bad day (and against Nigeria he wasn't that good either). That was the reason Batistuta didn't got any support in the centre upfront. With Aimar it went a lot better. If that penalty wasn't given (or Cavallero was awake when Beckham took it :rolleyes: ) and England would have gone 1-0 up it would have been muchmore difficult. I don't think Erikson took of Owen just as a precaution, he saw it was necessaryu. Argentina managed to push England back in their own area. I thought that was pretty strong. Still the team didn't have the luck of a good day.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How could you even propose such a theory??? Overrated? No goddam way.

Every team suffers a bad day, even the world class sides.

Ayala would have helped but he wouldn't have turned the game around. Argentina should be able to cope with any one man missing.

I believe Bielsa was trying out new tactics today. They failed....

·
Registered
765 Posts
I still think it's marvellous that both France and Argentina could fail to qualify - then the WC is up for graps. Would be "funny" if Korea won it as it would confirm the theory that it's always a country from the continent where the cup is being played that wins (except for Brasil in Sweden)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sounds like the flittermouses got out of their warrens....!!!
Overrated?..Thats the most ridiclous thing I have ever heard since ages.....!!!

Argentina lost today , so what the feck ?

England were ready to sell their mothers to win this game, while Argentina played it like anyother match.....!!

still England made a wall infront of their goal....argentina werent lucky to get batis header or killys two shoot as a goal..so the match would turn around...

eh...overrated...damn..who is good then ???

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
they are a good team, but they certainly are over rated - For example, Batistuta has declined quite a bit over the last year or two, Veron has had a terrible season, Ortega was a relative failure in the European game yet some people have been hyping them up as if they are from a different planet

Perhaps the problem is not that they are over-rated as a team, but that their players started believing in their hype a bit too much - in this case the England match could prove a valuable wake up call

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
From what I've seen in the WC: yes they are overrated. You can win all qualifying rounds and be touted as favorites and all that bs hype, but if you can't bring it to the big tournaments where everyone's playing hard and 100%, then you're no winner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
not only Argentina, but their players, one by one, are overrated. of course i don't say that they are crap. But they 're not the mighty soccer giants as whispered before the World Cup. Even if they qualify, i won't change my mind.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Assassin said:
England were ready to sell their mothers to win this game, while Argentina played it like anyother match.....!!
Hernan Crespo
"The players will not need extra motivation. The England match stood out as soon as the World Cup draw was made, but we must not allow the rivalry to affect our focus of trying to win the game. That is our target - and not just because of the rivalry."
Pablo Cavellero
"Maybe you shouldn't mix things like football and the war, but it's really hard not to do it. The match against England is one that any Argentinian wants to play in, especially if you lost friends or family in 1982."

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Ironic that both of the most hailed teams before the WC France & Argentina are both struggling.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Argentina has failed to live up to it's hype (so far anyway).

You never know they might prove us wrong.

·
Registered
658 Posts
True remains to be seen
Strange World cup though should def have been played later in june than MAy
But money talks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I can't believe all this bull**** up just coz Argentina lost a single fecking game since two years.........

What the feck is that.......????

well...an old saying : If the camel slipped , man coward knifes will appear

Pathetic :yuck:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argentina are overated when you compare tehm to the expectations of there fans.

BUt for the rest of thworld i think they are rated normally. A good team with good reposition.........but they lack directiveness to goal (despite playing an attacking game) and in their system they can't vary much their tactics.

I have never said Argentina were gonna be champions....and i have said many times they wil be knocked out in the first round. And i said all the way since the dra in december that they would LOSE this game to England....it was so obvious that this wouldbe the result.

NOw they will play desperately against Sweden....., will find the same difficulites tehy found today agaisnt England.....and will receive an even worst counter attack in Freddie Ljumberg and Larsson, than Heskey and Owen......and i think they will draw the game and pack there bags home...... to were they deserve to be!;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Argentina are overated when you compare tehm to the expectations of there fans.

BUt for the rest of thworld i think they are rated normally. A good team with good reposition.........but they lack directiveness to goal (despite playing an attacking game) and in their system they can't vary much their tactics.

I have never said Argentina were gonna be champions....and i have said many times they wil be knocked out in the first round. And i said all the way since the dra in december that they would LOSE this game to England....it was so obvious that this wouldbe the result.

NOw they will play desperately against Sweden....., will find the same difficulites tehy found today agaisnt England.....and will receive an even worst counter attack in Freddie Ljumberg and Larsson, than Heskey and Owen......and i think they will draw the game and pack there bags home...... to were they deserve to be!;)
Now..thats realistic...:D

Brazil ganna be play china tomorrow, just take care....:D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts