Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had such high expectations for lucio. "Worlds greatest center back". Wanted by United Juve Inter Madrid.

But in the world cup...:rolleyes:

Ive seen him play for Bayern he is a rock scores, distribution, just like I imagine Beckenbauer would be like in his day.

Is Lucio one of those guys that saves his best for his club?? I hope not. We will really need him at his best against Owen.

Come on lucio this is your chance you shut down owen and we can have a date with senegal/japan/turkey.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
i'm not unimpressed,
Im dissapointed...i expected so much from him...and the guy is going wild trying to make dazzling dribbles in the goal line etcc..

PLEASE LUCIO!:devil: :fero: :devil: :eek:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Let's Give Them a Break...

I think he's just unexperienced. Roberto Carlos was already a world-class player in '98, but his head and arrogance betrayed him. Now he's a more experienced and useful player, who can help guide younger players... like Lucio. ;)

We must remember, our midfield plays with just one defensive mid and the three defs are ALWAYS mano-a-mano with the opposing strikers; it ain't an easy job to be a defender in this current Brazil team... even moreso when the media has NO complacency towards any of them.

Today against Belgium, they had their hands full with our paper-thin midfield, but they came through and kept the clean sheet. Marcos was superb, yes, but he didn't do it alone. The three defs played cleanly even under pressure, and always tried to distribute the ball out of defense instead of just kicking it away (which is the trademark of mediocre defenders). They're not brilliant but they're doing the best they can under the tactical circumstances. I support them! :strong: :proud: :googly:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
look, lucio has played a LONG season in a tough league. his team also had to play all those extra champs league matches up to the final and i think he was in the german cup or some other contest. the guy is physically worn out!

and, like garrincha said, the brazilian defenders are having to work extra hard because ronaldinho, juninho paulista, roberto carlos and cafu provide no defensive help at all. the three brazil defenders have to work 90 minutes nonstop. i don't think it's fair to criticize them, because they're getting no help. when was the last time anyone saw roberto carlos playing defense to help them out?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, as Real Madrid are one of the most keen clubs following him, and as we all know our defense is our biggest weak point, i have been very disappointed.

He was rock solid with Leverkusen but i always suspected that he wasn't truly a defender. In the WC he has done well in everything except actually defending! :fero:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I won't buy any excuse from Lucio because he is suppose to be our most reliable defender and he's total crap so far. He has dissapointed me more then any other player and he's our worst defender, believe it or not Roque Junior and Edmilson or Anderson Polga are having a better World Cup then he is.

Lucio needs to get his act together and play the football he was and is expected to perform because we all know he can do it!

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I said it once I'll say it again. I'm really unimpressed with Lucio, suppose to be the world's best Central Defender.

Although he did better against 10 men when he calmed down.

A great place for Lucio would be as a Defensive Midfielder since he has better defensive skills than most defensive midfielders, yet likes to go forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts