Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still on a high from the England game? To be honest I still see the game in my head..my friends have called me crazy..but I do not care...easily the greatest game our boys ever played....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marcoa,

ME TOO!!!!!!!!

Hey, Marcoa, ADMIT IT JOAO PINTO IS A STARTER!!!!!!! AND A GREAT WORLD CLASS PLAYER AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT NUNO???? REMARKABLE TOUCHES!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
If memory serves - our fellow poster SLB was actually at the Portugal-England game. I can't wait to hear his thoughts when he gets back.

What do you guys think of the news today that both Porto and Sporting have contacted Joao Pinto. Of course, after his goal versus England, Bobby Robson is hot on his trail - with Newcastle throwing their hat into the ring...

Forca Portugal!
Forca Benfica!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Joao Pinto had a good game. His goal was brilliant. I just wish he could have done that in Benfica. But I am happy he's at least doing it for the Select team.

Figo's goal was utterly breathtaking, and how could our boys after watching that not comeback!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Razor,

What about Monaco? Regardless, I want him out of Portugal, that way he won't be able to punish us (Benfica) throughout the league. I always knew he IS an amazing player, and now so does the rest of the world.

I can see a Portuguese win the GOLDEN BOOT. MAybe Nuno!???

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nelson:

For the next few weeks there are no clubs but one : The Seleccao Portugues......Nuno..what a fantastic touch on the ball to score the winner.....Figo..what a blast..and JVP....FANTASTIC GOAL (Nelson I am sure you are aware that Pinto's goal was the highlight of the night on TSN :))

Here is what the brits are saying :mad:
Squandering a 2-0 lead against Portugal, a team with a one-legged goalkeeper, Swiss cheese defense and little offensive punch, is a very difficult thing to do, but Keegan somehow succeeded.
Imagine if it was the reverse? If we had squandered the 2 goal lead....

Anyways..bring on Romania! Should be a great match!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marcoa,

I AGREE 100%, my passion for JVP has nothing to do with Benfica, well maybe a little hahaha. Seriously, right now there are no club teams in the picture, we are united as the ONE GREAT PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA o Futebol Portugues!!!!!!!!!

YES i did see JVP goal on TSN.....I almost WET my pants!!! hahaahah

VIVA o JOAO PINTO!!!!!!!!!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nelson,

After watching the game with my Portuguese brothers at CHamps Sports Bar in montreal (which ironically is owned by a Portuguese friend of mine) I went home and watched the game again on TSN!!!!!!!! When England took a 2-0 lead I was sad...it was Like I never watched the game before...."the game so nice I watched it twice:)"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marco,

I watched the game live, and then I watched it again and I also taped it for future reference. Dude, I almost cried when my great Joao Pinto tied it up. I lost my voice from all the yelling!

Glad to see you backin' the boys again, for a while there I thought you had lost faith in our "golden boys." Boy ARE they ever golden. We made the front page on the Toronto Star and the reporters made us out to be the CHAMPS that we are.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I can't help it!!!!!!!!

FORCA PORTUGAL
VIVA all the players on the Seleccao!!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah I taped the game as well, and have watched 3 times already, as well the live match itself!!

The country here is in a state of mourning and one paper before the game said:

"Your only resemblence to Eusebio is that your fat"

They even put this as in Portuguese so England fans could chant this during the game :eek:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Damn, my VCR broke before I could tape the game...Luckily it has been replaying in my mind for the last 4 days:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts