Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are Porto's management losing their touch? This fiasco with Leandro and maybe the failure to contract Alenitchev show that something is wrong... Is PDC losing his touch?... How could Fiorentina come to our city and steal this guy right from under our noses? Seems to me we have a million defensive midfielders and no attack! Caju is gone, Miki (I thought he was good) is being sold or loaned, Jardel is gone... Who the hell is going to score the 36 goals that jardel scored last year?

Man, I'm panicking here! Am I alone?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Nope I am worried as well mate. We are all in the same boat but I have confidence in PDC to sign a big name. He has lots of players on his list but is taking his time selecting the right ones. This time next week I think we will have at least 1 new striker.

I better go and get my 4 leafed clover now....

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
to say that I am worried is an understatement. I was in a huff with my gf and reading the Leandro news didn't help the situation. I blame the Leandro loss totally on the management and PDC. Are we UEFA Cup bound? :(

looks like it :(

·
Registered
703 Posts
Man worried isnt the word... I was almost crying wen i heard we had lost LEANDRO... But we should keep our Heads up & keep searching...

these players i like

A.LUND
OSEAS
CAIO
FABIO JUNIOR (LOAN)
MARIANS PAHARS (I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY)

BTW CAJU IS BACK AT ALVERCA ON LOAN...

PORTO WILL DO THERE SEARCHING IN BRASIL... ZE IF U READ THIS GIVE US SOME NAMES WE SHOULD BUY...

I ALSO THINK THAT LEANDRO WAS A BIT OVER-RATED ...

·
International
5,629 Posts
Funny, Leandro is over rated now that you lost him to Fiorentina :) !

Anyhow all this weeping is real touching...:D

Maybe PDC needs some tips from JVA on how to negotiate! You know some underhanded stuff ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen,

RedEagle has fired the first salvo of rhetoric and sarcasm.
It gives me pleasure to declare that after a momentary pause due to the Euro we must refocus our energy in hating all that is Benficaca or Sportingcaca. We needd to sharpen our keyboards and our minds and expose Benficaca or Sportingcaca for what they are, pathetic shells of what integrity and greatness is. To make a long story short Benficaca or Sportingcaca suck :)

A note my fellow Portistas:

Patience is the essence.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
ahhh...Ola....yes..during the Euro we were one...prior to the Euro we were divided and now it seems that the division will commence once more.....as for the patience is a virute...

I do believe in patience but in one week we have lost Leandro (the man who is supposed to score goals)...the thing that bothers me most was that we lost him from right under our noses....I am sure PDC has a list of players...but I feel that PDC may be losing his edge....

·
International
5,629 Posts
Ola, old nemesis, I knew you wouldn't disappoint :)!

Yes it is time to make this board come alive again...As for patience, I just hope your patience doesn't last 18 years like Sporting....:p

But what are you going to do without the Chicken that Laid the Golden Eggs Jardel??

Btw(sidenote) when Fiorentina was negotiating for Nuno in Lisbon, part of the agreement with JVA was for a Fio rep to take the "foguete" to Porto and steal Leandro from under PDC's nose...it was all a JVA conspiracy! THE MAN IS A GENIUS! :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Porto worried? May I quote KC and the Sunshine Boys when I say : "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh!!!"

Also, I will quote that annoying ring announcer by saying :

LET'S GET READY TO RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
actions speak louder than words and while the Benfiquista's and the Sportingputa's can all laugh, we always have the last laugh in the end.

As they say, who ever laugh's last, laugh's longest.

So u can laugh as much as u like now, but come May next year....we'll see who's laughing. Got that?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me just clarify that I'm worried only about the Champions League. In Portugal, we can always count on the Vultures and the Lizards to self-destruct....

Good news will come from the "Invicta" this week.

·
Registered
646 Posts
like you had the last laugh when you lost the title to sporting did you Taco?

and don't try pretending the taco was more important to you than the liga, we both know that's crap.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
In case you never noticed we got to the Quarter Finals of the CL. At that stage it was our number 1 priotity because we had a realistic chance of winning it unlike Sporting who don't know where Europe is.

We won the league 5 times in a row and after the dissapointment of the 98/99 CL campaign, we wanted a push for European Champions. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful but we done well. We played 2 games a week and motivation for the likes of Rio Ave and Gil Vicente can hardly compare with the excitement of playing in the Nou Camp, Bernabeu and the Olympia Stadion.

When you play with the big boys you don't really put that extra effort into the little boys like Sporting etc..

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Oh and yes, the Taca final showed who the best team really was. Everybody knows that we are better than Sporting, but the relief of your 18 year wait (in fact, I was 1 year old when Sporting won their last Campeonato prior to last season) seems to have got you so excited you think you actually are better than us.

We could play you 50 times and I bet we would win at least 40 of them.

Everybody knows there is only 1 team in Portugal and we should join in a European Super League and let Sporting and Benfica win some titles with the Rio Ave's and Santa Clara's while we play where the real quality is.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The fact you protest this much leads me to believe that you know who the better team truly is.

VIVA SPORTING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Can somebody tell me what the SPORTING Vs. VIKING score was ???

Not 1 Not 2 but 3 a team like SPORTING with International name get knocked out by this little team from Whoop Whoop land !!

Then there is the other guys "representing" PORTUGAL they know who they are can someone tell me that score ???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

While PORTO is out there representing our country the way it's meant 2 be represented...

When Porto beat SPARTA PRAGUE the 1st game every 1a Liga team sent them a fax of coungratulations exept LEIRIA & BENFICA !!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Well said fellow Portista, I didn't know who Viking where until they beat Sporting and they probably won't do anything else.

Sporting always have high hopes in Europe but always let themselves down. How embarrasing to lose 3-0 to a bunch of part timers.

Sporting wouldn't even beat my 2nd team Watford and they are a Nationwide side now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts