Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmm,

1) Barça fans still remember the way Carvalho cheat Valdés in Terry Goal. They still remember the cheats of Mourino about the referee in the Camp Nou. Madrid fans want the best to Fernando Morientes, Xabi Alonso game is praised by all and, in general, all spanish clubs want that Rafa Benitez success because, in some maner, Liverpool is the last 'spaniard' team in the CL.

3) Milan fans are supporting Liverpool because, honestly, Chelsea are stronger.

4) EPL supporters generally don't like Abrahmovich neither Mourinho. The portuguese has, in his debut year, querries against Manchester and Arsenal coaches and supporters. So, even local rivalries are there(Manchester-Liverpool for instance), Abrahmovic & Mourinho are hated for ones and anothers.

5) Even more, Liverpool is a club of tradition that suffered a massive plague of injuries during the season (only compared with Barcelona) and that fact emphatises to cheer Rafa and the Merseyside boys.

They represent the tradition and the old flavour of the english football against the toy of a suspicious new-multimillionaire subject managed by the antithesis of fair play incarnate in Mourinho.

So...

In one side the liverpudians, all spaniard supporters, most of EPL (maybe not part of Manchester), milanisti and neutral supporters will backing Liverpool.

In the other side, chelsea, portuguese, and maybe part of Manchester and juventus fans (understandable for being archirivals and the recent beaten each one). Add some russians there as well if you want.

What do yoy think? It deserves a poll or something? Your opinions are wellcome.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
_Barcino_ said:
Mmm

3) Milan fans are supporting Liverpool because, honestly, Chelsea are stronger
AHAHAHAH not really..... but why play against chelsea and Lampard when we can beat Biscan and liverpool eh?

I think 1-1 chelsea through on away goal rule/ or extratime to sort this one out.

·
Registered
63,364 Posts
Personally I'm rooting for Chelsea because I'm a fan of Mourinho. The man didn't just become great in a day, he worked hard to be where he is today.

So Forza Mourinho and Chelsea ! :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Glen said:
I'd rather Chelsea win because they have a better shot at beating Milan.
We still have to make it to the Final :stress:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
_Barcino_ said:
Having said that we still have to make it to the final, should Liverpool edge Chelsea, they deserve respect :shades:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Liverpool must win.. if Chelsea wins, then it is all about money.. They would have bought success.. If liverpool fail to do it, then i hope Milan will do it..

Liverpool will win 1-0..

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
_Barcino_ said:
I'm not too sure about that. Neither team looked particularly impressive tonight. Two similarities: neither has a decent finisher and both play boring football.

However, I don't care who wins, because right now I'm thinking about Fiorentina in Serie A. After that, I'll think about PSV in the Champions League. One game at a time. Milan aren't in the finals yet.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I would prefer Liverpool over Chelsea, should we make it to the finals. Not because Liverpool are better or worse, but because they are a historically greater club imo :thmbup:

·
Registered
943 Posts
If Liverpool win, i will change my name, but Chelsea is gonna beat Liverpool so i'll be Wilyely anyway.

And if Liverpool is better than Chelsea historically, it doesn't matter, we're in the 2005 and in the 2005 Chelsea is sooooooo much better.

I think the score in Liverpool is gonna be 1-1, 2-2 but Liverpool won't beat Chelsea, in the last 3 games Chelsea-Liverpool, Chelsea won, so... Obviously is going to win once again and as many time as they want.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
milan and chelsea are the best two teams in the world right now so having them play each other would be best.

but i would like milan to win the CL, i believe they are the best in the world and probably deserve it as they are just a great club in the way they conduct themselves etc... (yes i know, im a juve supporter saying this, but at least it shows my honesty).

as for liverpool, not bad a for a side who probably wasnt even rated by most in the CL at the start of the season. to make it this far and play decent football with so many missing is impressive and if they bet chelsea, it wouldnt be such a bad thing at all.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Wilyely_JP6 said:
And if Liverpool is better than Chelsea historically, it doesn't matter, we're in the 2005 and in the 2005 Chelsea is sooooooo much better.
I didn't say Liverpool is better, I said I'd prefer to meet the for historic reasons. :neutral:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Chelsea are the stronger team but if Liverpool won the CL it would be interesting to see who will take the 4th place spot for the CL in the EPL, they say if Liverpool are European champions they still won't get a place if they don't finish 4th in the EPL...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
that would be stupid if we won it, and we still couldn't play CL next season. I think UEFA will let us play if we win it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Faisal said:
Chelsea are the stronger team but if Liverpool won the CL it would be interesting to see who will take the 4th place spot for the CL in the EPL, they say if Liverpool are European champions they still won't get a place if they don't finish 4th in the EPL...
I don't wanna be pessimist (anyway i'm not a Liverpool supporter) but Liverpool have not chace to get the 4th place in the EPL.

Everton:

Place: 4th.
Games played: 34.

Liverpool:

Place: 5th.
Games played: 35.

Come on!!! there are 4 points, Everton have to play one more game, no chance to Liverpool. They're going to the UEFA but not to the CL.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Milan have yet to reach the final, so it's premature to discuss who us Milanisti will prefer to meet in the finals ;)

Despite the return leg being played at Anfield, I think Chelsea will have the advantage going into the tie. Liverpool MUST win, while a score draw is sufficient for Chelsea to progress to the final. Chelsea too had the psychological edge having already beaten Pool 3 times this season.

Tradition vs money - who will win? :confused:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Chelsea too had the psychological edge having already beaten Pool 3 times this season.
Yes but sometimes beating a team in every single game in one year is impossible so something has to give... lets hope Liverpool has a lucky night and pull this off then if Milan hangs on vs PSV we could have the ultimate final of Milan vs Liverpool one team going for there 7th trophy the other for there 5th the ultimate game of tradition and history :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts