Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is all hell going to break loose in our locker room?

With Emre's recent shocking outburst at Inter, I can only worry about the atmosphere in the locker rooms.

How many bust-ups, outbursts, misunderstandings have we had this season?

It started with Materazzi. Mancini apparently singled him out back in the locker room for conceding goals early in the season. Materazzi snapped and stood up for himself. From then on, it all started.

Toldo, Davids, Cruz, Vieri, Adriano, Recoba and most recently Emre. Each one of them has had some kind of an issue with Mancini or Inter.

How much longer do you guys think we can hold up this 'supposedly' serene atmosphere within the team? Is Mancini's obvious favoritism creating a gap between players? At one point, it was claimed that Adriano felt isolated from the team. Is it a result of Mancini's special treatment towards his old pals from Lazio? Is there a general consensus that these guys are untouchable no matter how bad they are? as in Favalli and Stankovic's case?

We've also had several bust-ups with the coach. Recoba has had Mancini putting him down after every impressive performance. Davids regrets he joined Inter. Vieri claims he should've never left Ateltico Madrid. Adriano doesn't like being benched and dreams of a RM move. And most recently, how Mancini singled out Emre for criticism when there were far worse players on the field, so Emre retalliates like a dork.

Another thing I have noticed but have kept quiet about is how certain players like Adriano and Martins do not celebrate with Mancini when they score. Its like he's not even there. Most players celebrate with their coaches first, but Martins in particular never seems to care about Mancini even tho he goes and celebrates with others from the bench.

So my question is, do you think there's potential for a disaster? We've had too many outbursts this season for it to be normal. I honestly that I'm imagining things and that everything is fine and dandy, but I just cant help but worry. So what do you guys think?

P.S. I'm not undervaluing Mancini's ability as a coach. Its just his attitude and bias that I am questioning. Do you think that everything is ok?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
When it comes to matters as such.

The Coach comes first. If he is wrong (as in press opinions, players' opinions etc).. he is still ahead of any players. IF the Board Concludes that Mancini is incapable, he can be sacked. Players' outburst cannot be a pretext of sacking a coach. Individual views... especially players' views... cannot be taken with more importance than the coach. He comes first. Let him manage. He is not bigger than the club. But surely, he is being considered and his plans respected before what anyone prefers. This is what Moratti failed to see.

With Respect to ZAC, he rather leave than to take in all the shit. I just hope this time, it is not being operated like a union. The coach will be of no value. Imagine a coach with no backing... is like a ship captain who is unable to decide and leaving it up to the staff and / or the owner to decide themselves.

Look at this, Ancelotti still play 1 striker, as he prefers, not like berlusconi's dog. You respect him better, and the team does. Obviously, Camacho had been made to play someone or in a system that he didnt see fit, in REAL. He resigned than to do it otherwise.

I hope Mancio has his own priciples and mind. and the Club and fans provide full support. He is OK , until proven Guilty... with RESULTS. There must be a OBJECTIVE TARGET laid out prior to his appointment.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Mancini will never be a great coach, Just a decent/good one. Why? Because a great coach makes a TEAM and for me Inter doesn't seem like a team but little groups spilt up with the most powerful group obviously being Mancini and his boys. Usually it was the club to blame for this lack of team spirit and discontent but Mancini has brought this all upon himself. If he played Adriano Recoba and was fair with the Davids Emre etc just the same way he was with others even if they underperformed then he'd be cruising right now. The players were hungry from the start of the season but this sort of attitude is only undoing the work.

He may win things with Inter but unless he changes his attitute I won't consider him a great coach, Inter are LOADED with supertalents and if they win then put it down to them. Mancini only got asked them to play football which with their ability isn't hard to do but he limited them with this amazing biasness. Especially in the derby thats when I had enough of tbeing fair with the guy, Vieri 2nd striker? Adriano on the bench?Recoba/Davids not even on the bench? This is sick and like I said if Inter wins its more the players than the coach. No other team has this much talent at their disposal and Im sure other less bias and also tactically astute coaches would made this season's Inter unstoppable(If they had the time).

·
Registered
45,626 Posts
Actually. Adriano did (kind of) celebrate once with Mancio when he gave him a five/shook his hand/whatever.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with your comments A10. But do you think these increase in bust-ups is a result of Mancini's unjust treatment?

Materazzi was so pissed he asked to leave Inter. Then Davids, and now Emre. Is it because of Mancini? Or is it a coincidence that they've all asked to leave? Perhaps its just normal?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Recently Adriano looks pissed with Mancini though, Anyway its obvious something isn't quite right with them two. Mancini may try to suck up to him though when he does well like v Porto.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firdaus said:
Actually. Adriano did (kind of) celebrate once with Mancio when he gave him a five/shook his hand/whatever.
What about Oba. The guy always used to run to the previous coaches and celebrate warmly with them (Zac, Cuper). With Mancini, it seems like he isn't even there.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
what exactly do you guys consider "unjust" treatment? :confused:

If he leaves some PPL on the bench over others....?

His job consist of deciding who is on the pitch who is not. There is nothing unjust about that.....

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Materazzi is going to do a Cirillo special to him. :D

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
Schumy said:
Materazzi is going to do a Cirillo special to him. :D
I think he is over that, he has certainly shown that he has changed his attitude abit in the past few matches. Well i hope anyways :rolleyes:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Razman said:
I agree with your comments A10. But do you think these increase in bust-ups is a result of Mancini's unjust treatment?

Materazzi was so pissed he asked to leave Inter. Then Davids, and now Emre. Is it because of Mancini? Or is it a coincidence that they've all asked to leave? Perhaps its just normal?
Raz,
Every Coach has his system of play.
Ancelotti may prefer Pirlo to Ambrosini, which was debatable at the begining. Kaka to Rui Costa. etc

Capello takes Del Piero as a sub... in front of him, Ibrahimovic. What will people like Birindelli and pessotto have to say in Zebina's inclusion? plenty

Mourinho used Tiago and JCole in front of Duff in the beginning and since Duff was the best player after Lampard last season. There were a lot of disagreements. Cech - Cudicini ... etc etc.

These are teams which in reality are having a better run than ours :mad:. The coaches do face with problems and need to make Hard decisions. The players in these teams know who is the Boss and work with the Boss. Whereas in ours, all know that Inter-Coach can be renewed, like grass growing. (not SS' ones :D). So I suppose, Inter coaches are not only getting their system implemented but also have an extra difficulty to make these guys perform and repects his ways.

We all care, dont we... ? Is Mancini really weak/incapable...?
I reserve my judgement at the end of the day.. the final results in all fronts come summer. As long as he is still the Coach... I would still Cheer him on.

Another note is.. we Do really have an OVERSIZED SQUAD.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
No Im sorry, Every coach has a favourite or two but Mancini takes it to a whole new level. Never seen such biasness if Im honest and like I said if Inter win anything I won't be praising Mancini first thats for sure.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Another note is.. we Do really have an OVERSIZED SQUAD.
I don't want to come to your forum and critisize your coach, so in his defence the oversized squad is not helping him at all imo.

Mancini needs to work with "his squad" (not inherited players) for a year or two before he can truely be judged.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aca said:
what exactly do you guys consider "unjust" treatment? :confused:

If he leaves some PPL on the bench over others....?

His job consist of deciding who is on the pitch who is not. There is nothing unjust about that.....
We're not talking about who he fields and who he doesnt. We're talking about how he singles out some players like Emre, Recoba, Matrix and Toldo for harsh criticism and blame, while the untouchables (Miha, Stankovic, Veron, Favalli) never get blamed for anything and its always the whole team's fault when they play like shit.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
If we stop blam the players for the mistakes they do, If we showed them the other good face, If we showed them what`s the meaning of wearing Inter kits.. If we show them how big responsability they have towards these kits and the fans then we will reach the level of deining succes.

Devious.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
NO wonder, I want Vieri to leave Inter. Mihajlovic might also follow Vieri's path, the only difference being that he might join the coaching staff ??

Then, the left ones will be Favalli, Stankovic. So, lets hope that we won't be bringing any former Lazio players ... and we will be done. Mancini is a good coach, he just has to act well and not favour his former friends too much.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
wait now i have A AUSOME ANSWER TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE SAYIN ABOUT MARTINS

who saw the inter-chievo match??
when martins scored he went and HUGGED mancini n like mancini was saying 'go back to the field OBA'

so i think it is even better that not everyone celebrates with mancio

have u see anyone come n hugg capelo??
never
but does that mean he is loved less
zlatan said he is his fav. coach but he never hugs him :howler:

stupid points got a say.

the lazio players play ausome

VERON PLAYS AUSOME
DEKI PLAYS VERY NEEDED

I M HAPPY WITH MANCIO
only he shld cut his hair

lol