Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
He will definately replace Ortega but i hope he is more succesful in Europe as he is indeed aytop talent but he needs to realize that Ortega is also talented but a total flop in Europe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it is true that Ortega has been a failure in Europe (Valencia, Sampdoria, Parma). But why? Why is he so good in Southamerica and such a failure in Europe?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Aimar is technically superior to Ortega. Also, I think he is more complete in his overall abilities. Ortega, at this point may have greater depth, but that is due to his longer experience in the game. All things considered, I think that he'll be successful when he finally moves to a big club in Europe and in the long term he'll be be a great player for Argentina.

[Edited by czar on 28-07-2000 at 20:56]

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Ortega's problem is that he probably underestimates Europeans. you know the usual South America attitude......All Europeans are square footed i am better because i am from South America BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!

Frankly Ortega dribbles in circles......You can't do that in Europe because its a more lateral game and the only real agressor from midfield is the playmaker and if the playmakers also plays lateral you go know where.

Lateral football is Prtega's style and it just cannot work.

Ortega has failed at Sampdoria Parma and Valencia.....I think it is Ortega and not European football.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
ilTAZZ, you make some very good points about Ortega. I agree with you. It is such a shame that he was never able to adapt his game in Europe. I guess his mold weas set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts