1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Irureta Planning Depor Exit

Irureta Planning Depor Exit
1/4/2005 11:41:00 AM
Deportivo La Coruna coach Javier Irureta will not be renewing his contract at the club beyond this season, according to Spanish daily Marca.
The Galician outfit are aware that ‘Jabo’ will not be staying on, and have already started to look for possible replacements.

Irureta, who plans to take a year out, will make an official announcement later this month, or in February.

Luis Fernandez or Javier Aguirre have emerged as possible candidates to take over.

It is really hard to understand why he and his team drop so much all of sudden. Maybe a change is needed. :skull:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that we already talked about that. Jabo's time in A Coruña is definitely over. Let's see if Lendoiro can build the Super Depor v.3.0

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Irureta to leave Deportivo La Coruna
tribalfootball.com - January 5, 2005

This will be the final season in charge for Deportivo La Coruna coach Javier Irureta.

Jabo will leave the Riazor at the end of this season, says Marca, though the decision has not yet been made public.

Depor directors have known of Jabo's decision for some time and are already discussing his replacement. He will make his decision public in mid-February.

Irureta has decided to leave Depor after enduring the least successful season of his time as coach. He also wants to spend more time with his wife, with their Bilbao home now empty after their son left for Madrid to continue his studies.

Luis Fernandez and current Osasuna coach Javier Aguirre are already being considered by Depor president Augusto Caesar Lendoiro for next season.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This season is over. A UEFA cup seat is still needed for them which should help their finance even they have no much desire for title. But surely no one would fight for the coach as long as everyone "knows" his possible departure. I doubt if their morale is enough for a UEFA cup seat. :confused:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Former Real Madrid boss Vicente Del Bosque admits he is flattered to be voted as the ideal successor to Deportivo La Coruna boss Javier Irureta.

It has become clear in recent days that Irureta will not extend his contract when it expires at the end of the season, and will leave Depor after some seven years at the helm.

Speculation has already commenced in Spain as to who will be his replacement, with Javier Aguirre and Mane touted as early candidates.

However, in a survey carried out by Spanish daily Marca, Deportivo's players identified Del Bosque as the man they would like to see take over at the Riazor.

The Salamanca-born coach was sacked by Real in the summer of 2003 just days after leading the club to the Spanish league title, and is now in charge at Turkish outfit Besiktas.

Del Bosque is flattered by the Depor players' choice, and admits he would not be averse to a return to La Liga.

"I am very grateful to all the players and also to the world of football for thinking about me," he stated.

"It makes me very happy that they remember me and that they believe that I could do a good job at a big club like Depor.

"I have never ruled out returning to the Spanish league, or any other league, many things can happen in football.

"Before I was at Real Madrid and now I'm in Turkey.

"I believe that is a clear example of how quickly your life can change in football."

skysports.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts