Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ireland vs Saudi Arabia

The Irish will look to wrap up their qualification to the 2nd round with at least a 2 goal victory over the Saudis who are saying goodbye to the WC and would like to go out with their heads up.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blieve it or not!

the Saudis who are saying goodbye to the WC and would like to go out with their heads up
This is true, but the thing that most true is:
;)The Saudi wont leave with nothing,they will do thier own mark
tata ta.. boom..( you have eyes, you'll see).

:cool: :cool: ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
:rolleyes: We will manage this group!!!!!!!.

we haven't qualified, but we'll decide and control the fate of this group.

Poor Irish :( you will face the angry green falcons:hangover::hangover:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
ooooh, scary! :D

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Ireland to win by at least two goals, which should put them through to the 2nd Round. They are in the best position in this group, despite being 2 points behind Cameroon and Germany.

Watch out for the Saudi's though, they want to go home with their heads held high.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I see the Saudi Coach said "We will beat the Irish". How can the Saudi's expect respect with comments like this. They've lost both games against teams we drew with. The also lost 8-0 in one of them. Stupid comments like this just make the KSA coach sound silly.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
He said we are looking to try and beat Ireland...what do you expect him to say exactly? :rolleyes:

and France hasn't scored a goal in the WC...does that really give a fair judgement of the French team? :rolleyes:

The Germany game was a nightmare but it wasn't our true form. We managed to prove that against Cameroon, but we hurt ourselves by our finishing :(

But you live and you learn. Thats the way it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see the Saudi Coach said "We will beat the Irish". How can the Saudi's expect respect with comments like this. They've lost both games against teams we drew with. The also lost 8-0 in one of them. Stupid comments like this just make the KSA coach sound silly.
we've said like that because we know our team, he has a great ability to win. you and many other like you know the team that played with Germany but don't know the real saudi team. i mean , don't expect to see the same team that lost two games when he faces your team.

Stupid comments like this just make the KSA coach sound silly.
why ? He has a right to say what he feels about, after the match we'll see who is the silly;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
we've said like that because we know our team, he has a great ability to win.
Yeah, like against Germany... :D

I'm just messing with ya... I think the game will be really spectacular. Eire want to go through and Saudi want to go home on a high. I still think we may win but I don't know by how much...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I am predicting a 2-1 win for Ireland :depress: Though it is possible we snatch a point we despratly need.

I am confident though we will play as well or better then we did against Cameroon, which prove (again) that the performance against Germany was a terrible terrible "off" day :sigh:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Hopefully it'll be a good game , but I just don't think Saudi should be in the World Cup. I think Iran should be in it instead.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
Hopefully it'll be a good game , but I just don't think Saudi should be in the World Cup. I think Iran should be in it instead.
We were in the same group and finished ahead of them :rolleyes:

Thats like saying i don't think Ireland should be in the WC, i think Holland should be ahead of them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Was there not something about the game that Iran played against Bahrain that was dodgy?

N

·
0 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
Was there not something about the game that Iran played against Bahrain that was dodgy?
Nice to see you've formed your opinion based on facts you've thoroughly thought-out.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Right well no matter what anyone has said there is no denying that Saudi are not making Asian football look too good in this World Cup. I would have thought Iran would have done better is what I meant. I mean I know FIFA has too get a a certain amount of teams from Asia in the World Cup but if the quality is going to beat an 8-0 hammering in the first game, I think there should be a re-think. Dont you? Cameroon should have won by more than one goal, some of the disallowed goals where onside. I think Austraila should have played an Asian team instead of a South American one in the qualifying rounds. They would have beaten any Asian team other than Japan or S. Korea I think. They would also not have lost 8-0 in any of there games. I don't know how you can back your team consistently saying that they are a good side. I mean 8-0! Imagine you guys came up against Brazil??? It would have been 16-0.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Miss,

The very least you can get "some" facts right:

1) The only thing dodgy about Iran is that they can't accept they lost to Bahrain. They had qualification in the bag and they shocked, thats not our problem.

2) We had a terrible game against Germany, but what right does it give you or anyone to say we should or shouldn't be here? your logic says more then Asia should have (seats), but what is Poland and Slovenia doing exactly? if they survived European qualifiers and are playing so crappy, then Euro has enough seats too.

3) There was one disallowed goal against Cameroon, not many goals. Did you see the game? i didn't think so. Almost every report says we outplayed the African champs. Then again, i am sure its common for you to make comments about a game you didn't see.

4) Last time weplayed Brazil we lost 1-0. We played them many times and got some good results, the only bad one i think was losing 8-2. In fact, we can do better against them because the main reason the big score happened against Germany was our inferior size, and Germany scored 5 headers.

5) We have made the Asian cup finals the last 5 times, winning 3. We made three straigh WCs by winning in the qualifiers. We have had positive results many times against top NTs. Some are:

Argentina: we drew them once 2-2, and lost 3-1
England: 1-1 in Saudi and 0-0 in Wembly
Holland: lost 2-1 in the 94 WC
Belguim: beat them 1-0 in the 94 WC
Russia: beat them 4-2
Denmark: lost 1-0 in WC 98

6) We are the FIRST Asian team to make the second round in the WC since North Korea did that in 1966. I am hoping Japan or Korea will also do it this year :cool:

7) If all teams should be judged by one very bad game, then im sure Germany are a horrible team losing 5-1 to England in Germany right? :rolleyes:

Enough?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
and btw,

Australia played Iran in 98 and lost.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I pick Ireland to win this game .

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Oh whatever you like, pulling all these crappy facts outs. We'll put you out of your misery and send you home pointless. As far as I'm concerned all Saudi did in the World Cup that merits a good result is their achievement in 94. How'd they do in 98? I just don't get fans bragging about their nation when really there is nothing to brag about. I did see the Cameroon game. Mboma should have had a goal and also Lauren. I think Saudi will struggle against Ireland coz they can't really defend crosses. I don't mean deep crosses, I mean like the ones Germany used so well to hammer you guys 8-0.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Ah would you lay off the Saudis a bit, at least until after the match, it's far from a foregone conclusion and you're not making any friends.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts