Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone at that game 10 years ago today? I remember watching it all unfold on the tv. They showed it again on the news tonight, even Jack Charlton was getting stuck in :eekani:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep was there. There was a lot of English throwing digs and give it lip outside the ground before the game which raised the temperature of the evening. Ground was packed well early and the atmosphere was a bit on the mad side.

Eveyone left the ground peacefully and let the Gardai get to work on the hooligans. They threw a lot into Mountjoy prison for the night which was funny. Some were in tears in court next day begging not to be sent back.

I've had the misfortune of bumping into the English football fans on many occassions over the years, and I dont buy into the " only a small minority" line.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Yeah I miss these games. Not the violence, I mean the feeling of us playing England. I just love when Ireland beat England at soccer. Shuts up there silly press that seems to think they are the best in the world and has no respect for Irish football.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
Yeah I miss these games. Not the violence, I mean the feeling of us playing England. I just love when Ireland beat England at soccer. Shuts up there silly press that seems to think they are the best in the world and has no respect for Irish football.
Why should we? All your "achievements" are due to Englishmen.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts