Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES !!! Cameroon (my favourite team after my home country Egypt) just scored a beautiful goal !!!!!!!!!!!!

So far Cameroon are playing much better than boring Ireland, I hope Cameroon can win this one too and make it the second win for Africa in the first two games of the WC..

Cameroon = :star: (The real face of African football !!!!)

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Cameroon looks really good. They can advance for sure. Ireland aren't really boring, they're playing with heart. They deserve an applause. Unluckly for them, they do not have the physical or technical ability to beat Cameroon.

I am glad for Sebegal and Cameroon, finally African football is becoming to have better results ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Cameroun vrs Ireland

HALF-TIME

Mbomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Cameroun 1 up on 39 minutes over the Irish! Lovely work from Eto'o on the right flank and his low crossed is connected home right footed by Mboma!

Cameroun are having the better of the possession with the Irish coming up with occasional raids.

The AFRICAN CHALLENGE IS ON!!
:fero: :fero: We ain't taking no hostages on this WC trip :fero: :smileani:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see you are in Montreal too .. Getting sleepy yet ? ;)

Sure, I love Cameroon not because of the results but because of the well organised, easy, and very entertaining football they play.

Very good squad..

Half-time: Ireland 0-1 Cameroon

GOO INDOMITABLE LIONS !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Second half

1-1, Ireland deservingly get an equiliser 7 minutes after half time through Matt Holland's 20 meter carpet shot.

After 60 minutes of play, it's pretty much a ding dong encounter. The Irish have lifted up their game considerably putting Cameroon on the back foot on many occasions.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Good game by Cameroon, if they weren't playing Ireland I'd have cheered for them.

A draw is a fair result, Cameroon had the better first half with Ireland having a better second half.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
yes, I live in Montreal and since the WC begun, I live by night and sleep by day (like a vampire :groan: :) )

I take back my words about Ireland lacking the physical qualities to beat Cameroon!!! What a beautiful 2nd half!!! Ireland played with a lot of heart and ambition. An applause to them!

You're right, Cameroon's style is very entertaining. They declined a little in the 2nd half, but they will have more chances to proove what they're worth.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I merged both threads :)

Anyway what we saw this morning was a variation of yesterday's game. A better team hold due to the fighting spirit of the opponent. What can I say but respect to the Irish.

If Cameroon doesn't realise that football is a sport you play with 11 men, they will not survive the first round. I mean what was this. The defence was ok, but midfield and attack were awfull. Olembe, you can have a bad match, but the trick then is to work till you drop dead. The uninteresting ways ome ofthe Camreoon players showed today was a disgrace.

First half was ok, and if Geremi's shot had gone in the game had been played 5 minutes in the second half, But it didn't. Instead the Real Madrid winger decided he didn't have to defend his wing and that made the way for Matt Holland's goal. A shot in the left corner where Alliou didn't stand a chance.

Instead of reacting like men they decided to give up. Ireland on the other hand fought 'till they drop and they had deserved the victory but Keane's shot ended on the post. The only chance Cameroon got was through Eto'o but he once again failed in finishing.

A very very disappointing performanceof Cameroon that has to be satisfied with 1 point. Now they have to beat Saoudi Arabia and get a point against Germany. The African's made this group a very difficult stage for themselves today.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm worried about Cameroon, they really play well, but If you see closely, Cameroon has missed 3 goals (Eto'o in 1st half and 2nd; geremi in 2nd). I'm worried because this match makes me remember of the final ACN match against senegal when cameroon missed also many many goals.
I hope Cameroon won't face the problem of tunisia or egypt of missing goals.
Let's wait for the 2 remaining games

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Not a bad game. Cameroon impressed me with their nice skill from midfielders and forwards but thier defense and definitely the GK seems abit weak.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Ireland were much better than you. We should have one 2-1 put the post got in the way also there twice it was cleared or caught on the line

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oldsocfan 2 said:
Ireland were much better than you. We should have one 2-1 put the post got in the way also there twice it was cleared or caught on the line
Geremi had a wasted one-one-one.... Samuel Eto'o also had his one-on-one saved by your keeper after Mboma practically made a joke of the Irish defense. And Mboma's goal was much nicer than Holland's striker.

The ball that was cleared off the line was put there by Song, i.e. you didnt have anything to do with it !

Ireland were clearly better in the second half, but Cameroon were much better in the first, so I dont see how are you calling Ireland "much better" than Cameroon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts