Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massive massive win of the Ozzie team, came back from 1-0 in the last 12 minutes to win the game for 2-1 ya cunts

[tub]uRz8FWPUmpI[/tub]

·
Registered
69,129 Posts
they should qualify now with 3 of their final 4 matches being at home, but this is a very average Australia team on paper

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
As HS said, the team will probably qualify now due to the scheduling.

However, i wanted them not to qualify, simply because as long as we qualify for WC's no changes will be made to the structure of Australian football and we will continue to rely on 35 year olds that play in the UAE etc.

Also i like Iraq :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,808 Posts
Believe it or not, the youth of today look very different to me than they did 15, even 5 years ago. There is a more technical generation being developed right now, I just hope their talent sees the light of day.

From the match, I saw the highlights and it looks like Australia created a lot of chances and was unlucky to go 0-1 down.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Yeah, i agree with you Zico on both points.

The youngsters are getting more and more technical but are they getting a chance? Not in the Socceroos they arnt at least. We have "experienced" players like David Carney and Carl Valeri who are useless taking up spots for no reason.

Yeah, Australia were much better from the looks of things and deserved the win. Lets just hope they continue to play like this in every away match, not just at home. Btw i feel sorry for Iraq that they can't play in their own country so technically this wasnt a home game for them.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
:howler: My bad

I saw that the line-up vs Iraq wasnt so bad.

Quite a few young players and only Valeri who is garbage still in although i don't like McKay at LB.

·
Registered
42,669 Posts
Tommy Oar did well when he came on.

I hope he starts in the next qualifier, despite the win, this was complete and utter dogshit served up once more.

I was wondering if the players actually could be bothered at times. The atmosphere was dead and the tempo was flat.

The line-up needs to be freshened up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts