Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inzaghi: Italy are unbeatable Wednesday 15 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filippo Inzaghi claims this Azzurri line-up has no weak points as they dive into the World Cup competition.

“We are working very well and I am convinced we will enter the tournament with the right spirit and form. Already during this week we are recuperating all the energy spent during the hard season.”

Inzaghi suffered less tension than his teammates as the striker was on the sidelines for several months after rupturing knee ligaments.

“I feel great and refreshed,” assured Inzaghi, “and this is the only consolation for having suffered that terrible injury."

"I think that I can give a lot of energy and enthusiasm during this competition, even if a World Cup always brings the best out of you.”

The Milan hitman should partner Christian Vieri for Saturday’s friendly in the Czech Republic, although he faces stiff competition from Vincenzo Montella and Alessandro Del Piero.

“No-one is certain of their place at the moment. There are many of us fighting for a spot in the starting line-up and we are all very talented.”

“This is a positive aspect as we can all contribute something to the campaign. It will be up to Coach Giovanni Trapattoni to decide.”

Optimism for a glorious tournament in Japan and Korea is growing and Inzaghi is one of those claiming Italy are among the favourites.

“I repeat that this team does not have weak points, and I am not saying that to hide something from our opponents.”

“The truth is I am convinced we can do well, even if we’ll need that extra bit of luck. None of us has forgotten that our last three World Cups were lost on penalties.

Even without Lady Luck smiling on the Azzurri, the former Juventus star looks at the solid side around him.

“Another important aspect of this team is that the group dynamic is very strong, compact and compatible. Believe me, this is a great advantage when going into a tournament like the World Cup.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts