Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a terrible performance by Inazaghi today; this guy is absolutely useless! He is constantly offside and when he's not, he gets pushed off the ball way too easily. The Swedes are on average way bigger than the Belgians so he'll have a harder time if Zoff decides to play him against Sweden. Also, I think that it's about time Zoff played Del Piero from the start. He brings something to the game that nobody else can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree totally. Inzaghi was pathetic today. He was running in to offsides all the time and when chasing the ball he was almost always slower than the belgian defenders. I used to think that pace was one of his few strength, but just realised today how slow he really is. He didn't look like he could run away from the defender nor get past them.
I have no idea why Zoff keeps benching Del Piero. He played well against Turkey and brings creativity to the team. I'd even rather have him in the starting eleven instead of Totti
if Zoff insists on playing Inzaghi. Totti is ok, and he did score today, but I just think he loses the balls to easily and makes some bad passes sometimes. I did expect a bit more from him like taking on the defenders and dribbling past them and making some telling passes like Del Piero usually does, and I really hope that Totti will show more of his abilities the coming matches.
Ideally would of course be to play Totti and Del Piero from start, but I'm afraid Zoff is going to stick with Inzaghi, especially after his "fantastic" winning goal against Turkey..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
INZaghi's style...I too agree that he has been wasteful upfront..But from others they tell me that his style is just that to stay up on the line of the last defender and just wait...I think Zoff should start Totti and DP against sweden and see how well that combo works..
Frank that is true When DP enters the game their is a total atmosphere change from the ITalia and from their opponents.>
:D :cool:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
You're right about that! Del Piero is magic with the ball and Inzaghi is just... well, what can you say? Just look at last nights game, Inzaghi had only one good ball contact and that was the pass to Fiore. Except for the penalty, all his goal attemps in this game and the last were missed.

During the Turkey game... the keeper blocks an attempt by Totti and Inzaghi gets the ball at his feet, with the keeper nowhere in sight, and instead of just rolling it in the goal, he kicks it towards a Turkey defender!! And against Belgium he did the same thing again!!!

Thats twice with the ball, at one meter away from an open goal, and twice he doesn't score!? What's with this guy?? What's with Zoff??

The few times Del Piero has played, he's just been amazing! Together with Figo and Zidane, DP is he most gifted player in Euro2000. So... PLEASE Zoff... let Del Piero play!!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I agreed. It was so embarassing to see him getting caught in offside all the time, he didn't do anything. And the pass to fiore, that's probably the only occasion I see him not being selfish.
Totti is better, in fact, I think the whole italian squad last night played better than him, if DP is not injured, start him zoff! even ambrosini in the last minutes made more impact than inzaghi did.
ciao!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Inzaghi should be banned from the italian team, Juve team and come to think of it now, the whole sport. Unfortunately, we can't replace him. Del Vecchio and him are the only tall strikers and personally i believe they are both pathetic. I think Del Piero and Montella with Totti behind them. I know that is a small line up but they all have enough skill, look at Bebeto and Romario in the '94'WC. Fiore of course would play where Albertini is playing now.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Well I would not go that far to ban him..But I just don't think his style of waiting for the ball at the last line of defense is worth being on the NAtional level..
Totti and DP should be upfront...

Z

·
0 Posts
INZAGHI SUX
HE SHOULD BECOME AN ACTOR OR A MODEL, AS HE HAS THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THAT
HE HAS NO QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME FOOTBALLER, HE SUX AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT
ZAHOVIC AND MILOSEVIC=10 TIMES BETTER THAN HIM
SORRY INFINTIY TIMES BETTER THAN HIM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Agree totally with the topic.Inzaghi is embarassing the whole team by keep getting caught off-side.he needs to learn what offside is and then how to AVOID it.He must think it's a good thing to be offside...Why oh why Zoff keep playing him?He may had scored two goals in the tournament but how many times did he miss an open goal chance?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I too hope Inzaghi scores against Holland for him and for the team. If he's going to start, then he might as well score anyway, but with the number of chances he gets..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
His style is not what we would say great, but even the dutch are weary of what he can do..
If he is called offsides, he is offsides,
but if he is not he could burn you and probably score.

·
Registered
986 Posts
i agree that his pace is something to be reckoned with, but so is montella's, and monty is SO MUCH MORE gifted with the ball at his foot! For the Azzuri to beat the Dutch, they need Del Piero and Montella up front with Totti and Fiore controlling the mid-field, and solid support in the central defense.

Leave Inzaghi on the sub bench and bring him on when Italy are ahead and settled into a strong defensive pattern - using him to replace a tired striker to exploit the dutch on the break and increase the lead.

M

·
0 Posts
Inzaghi is good! Hope he will show it today against the Dutch and on Sunday in the FINAL! Good luck, Inzaghi!!!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Totti and Del Piero and Fiore cannot start togethe rbecause if they do and we go behind and tthey all get tired there is no no. 10 to come off teh bench and change the game with insicive passes.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
DEL PIERO IS THE GREATEST

WASTE OF TIME .
DON'T BASH INZAGHI UNLESS YOU BACK SOME ONE GOOD.
CERTAINLY NOT DEL PIERO NO MATTER WHAT YOU MAY THINK

OVERWEIGHT , OVERGREEDY, OVERRATED, OVERPAID, OVERCRAP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts