Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he hasnt scored shit this season//he is almost 31..its tragic a player like this goes to 2 world cups and 2 euro championships..and **** lippi for not playing miccoli)hadda say that)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
What are you talking about? How will he score if he's injured?

He's great to play alongside Vieri when Italy needs to press the opponent's defence...Vieiri plays physical and opens space for Pippo, who can score if he's given 10 centimeters...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I would take Simone Inzaghi instead of Pippo but that's only me thinking that way, I know.:)
Serioulsy, we should just wait and see what will Pippo do when he is fit and then consider him for the Euro 2004. It would be stupid to take him due to past glory and leave someone like Miccoli home. But if Pippo is in form he is deadly and he can score from the smallest chances.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
currently no, and if he doesnt get back from injury and start scoring as he did last season, then of course no.

we need inform players there...so realistically vieri, inzaghi, del piero currently shouldnt be there, however, all three when in form are way better than a corradi, di vaio, bazzani, montella...so its the question of taking a risk or not and bringin him.

one thing is for sure, when inzaghi is on the field, he scores.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Experience is vital in a big international competition such as a European Championship. Pippo is likely to come back and start scoring the same way he´s used to, and as a consequence he will be selected as a matter of course. Same goes for Vieri I think.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
superpippo scored 4 goals in our two most important qualifying games and you say he has no right to be there? thats just more ridiculous pippo-bashing. like cug says, when hes on the field he scores.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
superpippo scored 4 goals in our two most important qualifying games and you say he has no right to be there? thats just more ridiculous pippo-bashing. like cug says, when hes on the field he scores.
We will see but I hate when coaches pick on pure reputation and past record. It should be on merit.

If he does well from now till selection time then fair enough but if he is partly injured/unfit then I see no reason why to pick him. Bring Cassano or Miccoli instead who can be just as potent on their day.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
If he gets back to full fitness, which he probably will, then he should get picked. He is an experienced player with an eye for goal and can score at any time, against any unsuspecting defence. Like the 3 goals he scored against Wales to help Italy secure qualification, or the 30 goals he scored for Milan last season.

Of course right now he hasn't been scoring, because he has been injured. But I'm sure that when he returns, he will score a few and will rightly deserve a spot at Euro.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Inzaghi can score goals but Id take Miccoli ahead of him anyday, and of course Inzaghi will eventually take Miccoli's place

and Inzaghi is no direct back-up to Vieri, so thats why need Corradi or Bazzani too!!!!

·
Registered
45,466 Posts
I'm not a fan of Inzaghi but before leaving him out I would wait...
it is not important the number of matches played during the season, but the shape of the player in the right moment (june-july).
Cristiano Doni in 2001-2 had a wonderful season at Atalanta, but in Korea he was completely unfit and sucked.
Paolo Rossi in 1981-2 had just played 3 matches, then he became Pablito in Spain.

Since Inzaghi missed most of the season he could be fresh in the right moment and nobody can deny his scoring abilities.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Corradi Vieri Bazzani Inzaghi, they are all the same style of players and that is finishers.
We only need 2 and to me those are Vieri and inzaghi F.
The rest are Miccoli, Di Vaio, Cassano and Del Piero to support them, since they too can score.
Corradi and Bazzani, no way.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I'm not a fan of Inzaghi but before leaving him out I would wait...
it is not important the number of matches played during the season, but the shape of the player in the right moment (june-july).
Cristiano Doni in 2001-2 had a wonderful season at Atalanta, but in Korea he was completely unfit and sucked.
Paolo Rossi in 1981-2 had just played 3 matches, then he became Pablito in Spain.

Since Inzaghi missed most of the season he could be fresh in the right moment and nobody can deny his scoring abilities.
Exactly. This is what I meant when I mentioned Ronaldo and Rivaldo in the last WC.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Corradi Vieri Bazzani Inzaghi, they are all the same style of players and that is finishers.
We only need 2 and to me those are Vieri and inzaghi F.
The rest are Miccoli, Di Vaio, Cassano and Del Piero to support them, since they too can score.
Corradi and Bazzani, no way.
it does depend though on what traps is going to play. i dont believe that inzaghi can play the role of a sole striker upfront like vieri does with del piero, totti and miccoli/cassano behind him. This is where Corradi is useful, or even Di Vaio possibly.

Inzaghi is suited to the usual striker played with del piero/cassano/miccoli next to him as a duo upfront. he needs his playmaker and of course his support striker and this is where he'll score like crazy.

so in the end, i think it depends on what traps' first choice formation is. however, you do need alternatives, hence, vieri, inzaghi and maybe a player like di vaio who is able to play as a sole striker (pace, counter attacks etc..style) and who is also able to play in a duo upfront and even in the 3 behind the sole striker.

one thing that worries me is playing inzaghi and vieri upfront together. many say that its works well because vieri makes plenty of space for inzaghi to run into but i believe its useless because both of them need a support striker to help create for them, ie. cassano, miccoli or del piero.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Falcão83 said:
What? Corradi (the same goes for Bazzani) is a very different player from Inzaghi. He is a target-man and can pass the ball, win the high balls and pass to his partner. Because Trap clearly relies in every game on such player he will take either Corradi or Bazzani for back-up as he stated himself a few days ago.
Unless Inzaghi is in a terrible form he should go to Portugal. He can pretty much decide every game with his ability to be in the right place at the right time to score.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
This is a tough one.

Inzaghi can score, but he cant pass the ball and he cant dribble. He also isnt tall so therefore, he cannot replace Vieri in the side.

Perhaps he can play beside him, but this was tried in WC 2002 and as we all know it failed miserably. People can argue that we have different midfielders now, but we all know that Trap is going to select Zanetti and Perotta in the team. Same sh*t, different smell.

At the current point in time, i'd be taking Bazzani before Inzaghi.

And on another note, a fully fit Montella is better than a fully fit Inzaghi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts