Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlo Ancelotti has revealed next season's Juventus line-up - and there's no place for Filippo Inzaghi.

The Bianconeri coach is pinning his hopes on new signings David Trezeguet and Fabian O'Neill in the upcoming Serie A campaign.

Ancelotti wants his side to play in a 4-5-1 formation and doesn't think Italian international Alessandro Del Piero should be the lone front man.

Instead he is thinking about having French Euro 2000 hero David Trezeguet as his only striker, with Del Piero wide on the right and an another new-boy Fabian O'Neill on the left.

O'Neill was a central midfielder with his previous side Cagliari, but is rated an excellent winger. He proved this with Uruguay in the World Cup qualification matches.

"O'Neill will be a very important player in my team, he should be everywhere in the field I trust a lot in him," said Ancelotti.

"Darko Kovacevic will play a lot of matches in the upcoming season, I know he can be useful for us in every moment of the match, as he was last season."

The Juve starting eleven would now appear to be: Van der Saar; Pessotto, Iuliano, Montero, Paramatti; Del Piero, Tacchinardi, Zidane, Davids, O'Neill; Trezeguet.

Ancelotti has revealed Filippo Inzaghi would not be in his ideal starting eleven.

The Azzuri striker is now set to leave Turin, and AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi wants to sign him for a fee believed to be around £23 million.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Some graphics anyone? :)

_____________Trezeguet________________
_O'Neill______Zidane______Del Piero_
________Davids___Tacchinardi__________
_Pessotto__Iuliano_Montero_Paramatti_
______________Van der Saar____________

It's certainly not a bad team you've got there...

Perhaps Lazio will play the exact same formation too. A coincidence?

N

·
0 Posts
INZAGHI IS BOLLOCKS!!!!

I WILL BE SO HAPPY IF HE LEAVES AND AC MILAN ARE THICK PAYING THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR SUCH A SKINNY PLAYER...

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Well well, looks like Paramatti is taking over for Ferrara. But Athirson will take over for Paramatti when he comes I suppose. It looks good, my only worry is DP playing his 'unnatural' position. But he is the type of player with all his skills that can cover that position very well.

Also, if Milan wants to pay 23 million pounds for Inzaghi, that's a blessing in the skies.

I

·
0 Posts
That looks like a very nice team. You guys are going to be a pain in the a$$ like always next season.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Before actually commenting on the suggested team I would like to know where this information originally stems from cmdg ?

I DO NOT believe that Ancelotti would make this kind of statement before the entire team is even assembled. On the official site he is quoted as saying that there would be fierce competition and that everyone would have to fight to get in the starting line-up. Besides alot of changes would be made over the season to keep the players ready for both Lo scudetto and CL.
Futhermore he stated that he would experiment with the formation as Juve could play like France (4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1) or the same system as last year.
I cannot phatom why we would not play like last year though thinking about the players we have available.

The suggested team looks good, but despite Pessotto's great EURO final performance on the right he remains best on the left which is CERTAINLY also where Paramatti performs better.
O'Neill can play everywhere in midfield, but a forward he is not.

Sorry for discrediting this, but I just don't see it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
689 Posts
why doesn't ancelotti play with a 4-3-1-2 formation?

-------- Del Piero ---- Trezeguet ---------
-------- Zidane --------
----- O'Neill -------- Zambrotta -------
--------------- Davids ----------------
-- Athirson(when he comes) ----- Paramatti -----
------------ Iuliano --- Montero ---------
------------- Van der Sar -------------

athirson and paramatti can be given the freedom to attack, so when in attacking positions we'll have 6 players up front and davids balancing them. also with this formation the squad rotation system could be applied and we'll have lots of great cover: (ferrara,zanchi,pessotto,tudor,tacchinardi,conte,
esnaider ,kova and inzaghi)

[Edited by omaraj on 20-07-2000 at 09:48]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I couldn't agree more with Verdi! :) You are a juventini, you know it ;) AMO has just washed yer brain! :)

Athirson insted of Pessotto tho. I'd like to see Tacchi on the midfield this season. FUC'k I can't wait till the serie a starts!!!! :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Juventus (spokesman ?) went public and announced that Athirson was coming only two days ago. It was reported by Daily Soccer (fed by Reuter) and it was on every other football site I check.
It has not been officially confirmed by Moggi or Bettega, but they've both admitted that they thought he would join in January. I have yet to see a transfer confimed by a Juventus source and not subsequently denied by one of the bosses NOT go through.
Therefore my speculations on next years line-up rest on Athirson actually coming.

I see us playing 3-4-1-2 again, and Ancelotti noticed in the training camp that he wanted us to be more agressive and aimed to score more.

Thus this would be my PREFERRED line up. There can be many changes, but mine rest on the hopes that O'Neill will be as good for us as he was at Cagliari and Trezeguet proves to be good (otherwise Pippo and Kova will be fine ofcourse :)). If Zanchi is as good with us as he was at the U-21 EURO tournament then he will at some point take over from Ferrara:

____________________van Der Sar___________________

_________Zanchi______Montero______Iuliano_________

Zambrotta_______O'Neill______Davids_______Athirson

______________________Zidane______________________

____________Trezeguet________Del Piero____________

You all know the rest of the players.... Great cover :).
In case this line-up is too un-Italian, Ferrara, Paramatti, Tacchinardi, Conte, Pessotto, Bachini (looks like staying)and Pippo could all get their showings. Upps- I realized that only Paramatti hasn't been capped with the Italian senior national team...... We'll stay Italian it seems :):).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hey hey, that's almost the 3-4-1-2 formation I think juve will adopt for its best 11. Everyone's in there except DP's partner, whom I chose Inzaghi instead. Trez isn't likely to start as strikers need time to adjust to the Serie A and Inzaghi provides competent threat while we groom Trez. Unless Trez impresses immensely during the friendlies, I think Inzaghi will be there. Well, I admit I like Inzaghi so I'm not complaining!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Watcher; I would place them there because that's were they always play with us in the first place. Montero is the sweeper, Iuliano the left central defender, Ferrara the right, and I would play Zambrotta because he was our best wing last season. A non-impressive EURO 2000 doesn't alter that in my book.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I think Zambrotta had a good Euro2000, he impressed me alot. Pity for his sending off though, but he did deserve it. Zambrotta, Pesotto and Iuliano were the best Juve players in the Azzuri i think. Conte was ok and you all probably know by now how I feel about Inzaghi and Del Piero's Euro2000 campaign.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts