Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have secured CL spot, winning the scudetto will be a bonus. Miracle I would say...
Lets just put it that we delay Inter celebration a bit more...

Now, we might be owned by a new owner within a couple of weeks if news are factual.
A 300m war chest has been floating around.
This could change our perspective on how we will make purchase.

This team is young and we can see some fustration at times. Some world class addition will really catapult us from our competitors especially coming back to compete for the CL as we used to do. With the team we have now and knowing our weakness, we will grow way stronger...

We can start dreaming again.

Lets build the stadium without Inter!

·
Scudetto
24,306 Posts
I would have preferred if the club was sold to a more strategic investor instead of a financial investor.

Elliott did well to fix the club, and especially did well to translate winning = financial gain.

However not every fund is like this. Most will want to make a quick financial gain with disregard to performance.

I don't know much about Investcorp in that respect, but it would have been cool if the Arnault family or some other Arabian sovereign fund took over.

Regardless, I don't think we can dream big in the market. Even if a €300m war chest did exist, I foresee that it would be spread over 4 or 5 years.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elliott will still keep the small shares in Milan if the news are true.

By the way, many couldnt make up on why Massara is emotional on the bench. There are plenty of questions but I hope its a happy one.
Well done management to reach our goal this season.

·
Administrator
53,766 Posts
This came out of nowhere. I dont recall prior news about this.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,759 Posts
Now you can easily pay 100+ million for Milinkovic-Savic. 😀

Reactions: humanTORCH

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This came out of nowhere. I dont recall prior news about this.
Its all over...Even Reuters and Bloomberg are covering them.
Even Elliott did not deny it when the news came out as they usually do.
It got even more obvious when the InvestCorp Chairman commented on Milan last match.

·
Registered
15,013 Posts
Whatever will result from this takeover, it should be said Elliott have done a great job. Not perfect but pretty damn good and in principle they are leaving a solid platform from which to work.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More info coming in.
There are 4 dynasties/owners who are the share holder of InvestCorp Bahrain including Mubadala Abu Dhabi. They are Qatari and Saudi. No info who they are (yet).....

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What if we really build the stadium without Inter...
Imagine, Inter has to pay rent everytime they use it.....
Muahahahah

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since its Eid, I guess we have to wait for a few more days to hear any official words on the sale.
Hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
17,530 Posts
Now you can easily pay 100+ million for Milinkovic-Savic. 😀
no, investcorp is a financial investor, it is am asset manager looking for assets to buy then exit on a profit, so no splashing out on marquee signings. Wrong buyer if you ask me…

·
Premium Member
17,530 Posts
Reactions: Mushfiq

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for sharing the financial report.
I see they are the minority public shareholders.
They went delisting recently :whistle:
Still, that's a bloody diverse investment all rounder.

Interestingly if we based on the top 4 standing in Serie A in term of cost of the teams:-
  • Juve 370m €
  • Inter 260m €
  • Napoli 215m €
  • Milan 175m €

I stand by it that its a miracle if we win the scudetto.
So much respect for this management.

·
Registered
16,721 Posts
Yeah, we're punching well above our weight. Finishing 2nd for two seasons in a row, given the significant financial advantage of certain rivals, would be a great achievement. Especially given the relative lack of experience of the squad.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, we're punching well above our weight. Finishing 2nd for two seasons in a row, given the significant financial advantage of certain rivals, would be a great achievement. Especially given the relative lack of experience of the squad.
The team average age is among the youngest in Europe. Considering Ibra in that mixed.

By the way, news was out that RedBird Capital Partners was looking at buying Milan too.
It seems the cost and age of the team really attract buyers...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts