Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GET READY TO MAKE SOME NOISE HAMILTON.

CPSL newest team.

The Thunder will be playing at Brian Timmiis Stadium right next to the Hamilton Tiger-Cat Stadium.

FIRST GAME
May 23 at 8:30

COME OUT AND SAPPORT.

ILL BE THERE. WILL YOU__?

This is cool.

www.hamiltonthunder.com

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Good luck to the Thunder!

I hope they will be able to play in the new Canadian pro league if that ever gets off the ground next year.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Speaking of the CPSL...

Toronto Supra News

The Supra finished third last year in the 12-team CPSL (prior to expansion) with a 12-5-5 record, and were CPSL Cup finalists, losing to the Ottawa Wizards.

This year the team has signed 3 players who were with the Scarborough Olympians last year (the Olympians have now relocated to Mississauga): striker Eddy Berdusco, who is a former Canadian international; midfielder Dave Mancini; and defender Tony Marshall.

The Supra have so far been unable to reach a deal with the City for a lease on last year's home stadium, Brockton, and they may well be playing this year's home games at Centennial Stadium in suburban Etobicoke, which is also the home of the Toronto Lynx of the A-League. Their home opener is June 13 against the Scarborough-based Metro Lions.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I saw the Hamilton Steelers play Mississagua Croatia in a CSL game at Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton. Unfortunatly only about 500 people showed up...considering how many different ethnic populations there are in Southern Ontario who of course love soccer, you would think that more people would show up for the games...good luck to the new hamilton team.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
JureM:

I guess it goes to show there's more than just ethnicity behind the appeal of soccer.

Croatian-Canadians, Italian-Canadians, and all the other hyphenated-Canadians will not automatically flock to see their ethnic teams play soccer if it's of mediocre quality.

I'm not saying that particular game was mediocre (I don't know), but I believe nothing substitutes for skilful, entertaining soccer, no matter what the ethnicity of the players or the fans.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Dont expect much.

What we need in Ontario is an MLS team or something of its form in Canada.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts