Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Webmaster: Are you prepared to meet Brazil’s archrivals?

Ronaldinho: We all know how important this game is and we will therefore be concentrating on marking tightly right from the outset, this will hopefully get the crowd on our side.

W: Do you get butterflies in your stomach immediately before a game?

R.: Right now I am feeling fine, and I know just what I have to do after the kick off - which helps calm the nerves somewhat. I don’t necessarily expect to score goals but I do expect to win. I will try to use my skills (individual moves) as and when I can, after that is what I am best at.

W: Will Brazil go all out on the offensive?

R.: The Argentineans have a strong team and they mark well. However, we are at least playing at home and will therefore try and impose our pace on the game. The key to victory, I believe, lies in the use of quick and accurate short passes - one-twos. All the strikers on the squad know one and other well enough to play this type of game successfully.

W: Does the run up to this classic remind you of a traditional Gremio vs. Internacional game?

R.: It is very similar, there is a lot of rivalry between the two clubs. Of course the stakes are higher in a game such as this between Brazil and Argentina, but the emotion is still the same.

W: If you are in the starting line up, will you feel freer to move up front than perhaps you do with Gremio. Will it make any difference to you?

R.: It is true that I stay back more with Gremio and make my runs from the midfield or feed the ball to the strikers up front. It is a little different with the first team as I have trained playing more up front, and I have been give a lot more freedom to move around. I can adapt to either of these styles and I do not see any problem whichever one I play - it does not matter to me and will depend on how the game develops.

W: You are noted for your easy-going nature and your happy smile. Does this open many doors for you?

R.: I am just happy to know that people like me and think me a nice guy. It is the way I am and I am not going to change now!

W: Do the fans in Sao Paulo treat you in the same way as Gremio supporters?

R.: The fans here in Sao Paulo have always treated me well. I hope to show them and all of Brazil this Wednesday night that their trust and confidence in me is not misplaced.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hmmmm smart kid.

Sound diplomatically speach. Well done. Mabye there is some intelligent football life on Brasil after all.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...depends on your definition of a star. In my book a star is someone who rises PLUS proves PLUS stays over some period of time. Certainly not a youngster in his first internationally highlighted year. Getting excited at once and calling people stars gives us the star inflation problem and hence we had to invent superstars, then megastars, etc. But if you wish, I call the kid "milky way" from now on...

CESF
CESC

A

·
0 Posts
i wouldnt call him a star but i guess he is a star in the making.
he has to learn a lot stillllll.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
this midfielder/attacker broke into the STARTING brazilian national team when: ronaldo was still playing, jardel was leading portugal in scoring, elber was leading germany in scoring, rivaldo was the best player in the world, emerson was the target of a $35 million offer from roma, vampeta was leading fifa's world champs (corinthians). but somehow, with all that competition, ronaldinho found a guaranteed spot in the starting lineup of the best team in the world! what more do you want? that qualifies as star power to me.

this guy is a star NOW. he could be one of the biggest stars in the world tomorrow.

A

·
0 Posts
falcao said:
this midfielder/attacker broke into the STARTING brazilian national team when: ronaldo was still playing, jardel was leading portugal in scoring, elber was leading germany in scoring, rivaldo was the best player in the world, emerson was the target of a $35 million offer from roma, vampeta was leading fifa's world champs (corinthians). but somehow, with all that competition, ronaldinho found a guaranteed spot in the starting lineup of the best team in the world! what more do you want? that qualifies as star power to me.

this guy is a star NOW. he could be one of the biggest stars in the world tomorrow.
i have to agree.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tazz, you say sh!t like "Brasilians think its their divine right to win" and in this thread (and I quote) "Mabye there is some intelligent football life on Brasil after all" then how the **** do you expect us to respect what you say. You always criticize people telling them to be "realistic" and "objective" and then you say stuff like this. I am so sick of your hipocrisy. Its amazing how little respect you have for Brasilian soccer and people. I'm not saying you have to admire them or say anything good about them but by what i have seen you post in this forum over and over it is clear that you lack even basic human respect for Brasilians. Do you realize Brasilians are people??

What really amazes me is that nobody else in this forum has reacted to this crap. Just because he has 2000 something posts doesnt mean everything he says is right. Come on people!! Ze?? Falcao?? are you just going to let him offend your country like this?? dont you have anything to say about this or are you going to let this pass like I have done many times in the past. I think its time we put a stop to this.

Tazz you have an indepth knowledge of soccer and you have many great things to contribute to this forum, but dont pull yourself down by saying lowly sh!t like this.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Inter Fan,
the thing is that Tazz is an eternal pessimistic..and somebody to say that he loves Catenaccio simply does not deserve such treatment...the only treatment that he should have is go to a pychologist to see what's wrong with him:)
The answer we give it on thepitch.
Anyway Inter fan..your post just shows how a FOREIGNER is treated in BRASIL!:) THAT SAYS IT ALL TO ANYONE WHO SAY WE ARE THIS AN THAT. THANKS MAN:):)
Faclao, Ronalidnho gaucho is still a rising star...until he prroves something in Gremio and gets a permanent place in the brazilian tam he will be a promise...let's hope that in an hour's time he can confirm your thoughts :)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWW C'mon......everything i do i can back up do you understand me my fellowe NERAZZURRO???????!!!!!!!??????

i never say sommin without logically thinking it through.

Here is what i said.

There is some intelligent footballing life in Brasil after all.

i have never ever ever called Brasilians idiots. i have said once they go onto the field there behave in an illogical way and once they have to play a game against a tactically sound side that is not afraid of them and is disciplined they almost always lose.

i don't understand why people have a problem with what i am saying because it is true.

Za and i get on really really well contrary to popular belief as do me and Falcao.

the problem here is that some people don't read what i say properly and react....just like the Brasilians do on teh field....WITHOUT THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway guys.....in less than an hour i may have egg on my face so don't worry....you might have a chance to laugh at me for months :):):)

INTER FAN...READ WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!! i said footballing intelligence.

I am a black man if you didn't know and i would be the last one to be walking around talking racist B.S. like "Brasilians are all idiotic."

I said they play without thinking which is indeed idiotic from my stand point

One more thing guys........:)

FORZA CATENACCIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
like the great ze da fiel said: brazil will give the answer on the pitch!

tazz, you got your answer: 3-1. it could have been much worse. you scored you (great) goal when all the brazilians were CELEBRATING. i must say, tazz, you are right about one thing: the brazilians do need SOME discipline. i cannot tell you how many teams i see them score and then the other team scores while brazil is still celebrating. it happens all the time against argentina. in the 4-2 game, right after it was 2-0 for brazil, arg got a goal just before the half, just like tonight. in the 4-2 pre-olympic, brazil went up 2-1 with goals about 1 minute apart, then arg came right back to equalize.

if the brazilians could save their celebrating for after the game, arg would lose 4-0 or 5-0 every time. but it's more fun to celebrate on the field. catch-22.

C

·
0 Posts
hey brasilians, last week u were saying the team of shame
now they are the best team, u all guys depend on scores
u forgot u lost against paraguay and had too much diffiulties
in beating and drawing with teams like peru and equador
that argentinna walked over them easily
u deserved to win , u played better deffense system
u destiny and coach were in argentina's hand
u wanted to win at any cost , and u won but u weren't that
impressive honestly, just wait and see till u play in beunos
aires, and don't forget we still the leader
and then when u will be the leader , and playing in wc 2002
then it 's the time to see who is better
don't foget arg vs bra in beunos aires
and paraguay should npt forget thei game in brasil

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
C'mon it doesn't matter who are leading it matters that we lost :(:(:(

Anyway Brasil deserved to win and once again Argentina have let us down when facing the obviously inferior brasilians :):):)

As for what i said about Brasilian defence......well that doesn't matter now does it?

I HATE TO LOSE!!!!!!!! :)

ARGENTINA ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
CARUZO said:
hey brasilians, last week u were saying the team of shame
now they are the best team, u all guys depend on scores

there were 6 changes made to the team that lost to paraguay
only dida,roberto carlos,rivaldo,roque junior and ze roberto were the players that were retained.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
cARUZO,
Learn more about football my friend.
if Brazil loses to paraguay of course it is a shame.Do you excpect to us FOUR TIMES WORLD CHAMPIONS, LADER OF EVERY RANKING OF THE FACE OF THE GLOBE TO BE SATISIFIED WITH THAT??? of course no.

Yesterday , they played serioulsy and won....agsaisnt a structured side that was not scared to atack us. MR TAZZ!!! So gain your theory go straight to the drain!:)

Tazz......you and falcao were the first people i met here....and I cannot record any time when we agreed on a topic...but then again you are a dude :) (despite all the ridiculous criticism against the best football of the EARTH:))
BEFORE CRITICIZING US, TRY BE BETTER THAN US!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
We are waiting for you in B.A. bro....sadly its gonna be over a year before we get you in teh Copa America and then it will be time for revenge.

Also my boys are waiting for you in the Olypics. its a pity Tardelli is not gonna bring in Zoff's defence for the Olypics. Ronaldinho Alex and Rivaldo cannot break down Nesta and Canavarro that easily.

best defence vs. one of the best attacks. Hope fully the Italians and Brasilians play each other soon in a full international. Sadly i don't think there is gonna be a L'Tornoi next july so we have to wait until the W.C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts