Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WILL NOT SELL, MAYBE I WILL BUY SOEMONE

On the 19 years that i'm president of Udinese, i think this season's team is the most stronger i had, even better than the one of Zaccheroni who gave us to many satisfactions.

- how much far away can arrive this team?

I don't know. We are playing a wonderful football and so also the results are coming. For me will be a special Christmas this one, the guys made me the best present ever.

- Udinese are winning and convincing all Italy, your players could receive some nice offers

I understand, but i confirm what i've said on the last days: i will sell nobody.
Eventually i will buy someone for improve the team...because we have big objectives and we want take them. I wouldn't sell someone and then having a regret.

- What do u expect from the year 2005?

That Udinese will stay on the third place, especially now that behind us there are 2 great teams like Roma and Inter!!! But i've trust, our team it's a beautiful reality and will give us satisfactions

from gazzettino.it

Damn,i wish all he said is true :)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Udinese cancel January sales

Udinese maintain they will not sell any of their key players during the January transfer window.

The Friuli outfit have a number of desired individuals in their ranks but the club insist they will remain.

"The team will not be losing anyone because we want to have a great season," stated chief Gianpaolo Pozzo. "In fact, we could even add to the squad instead."

Udinese are currently in third place and many at the club are dreaming of qualifying for the Champions’ League.

That objective now means that the likes of Marek Jankulovski , Vincenzo Iaquinta and David Pizarro will remain.

All three men have been associated with moves to clubs such as Juventus, Inter and champions Milan.

However, the outfit have stated that they could use the January transfer window to wrap up future dealings.

"We are willing to conclude talks over our players today but whoever buys will only be able to collect in July," Pozzo concluded

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Udinese to keep stars

Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo has insisted none of his club's stars will be sold until the summer.

The Bianconeri supremo is confident his team can continue their push for a UEFA Champions League spot in the second half of the Serie A season.

Udinese currently sit third in the table and they are the real surprise package in Italy.

Pozzo now insists that there are no plans to sell star men Marek Jankulovski or David Pizarro.

"I won't sell anyone because there is a pact that involves the team, the coach and the players: we want to make the Champions League, all together," Pozzo told Corriere dello Sport.

The likes of Milan, Juventus and Internazionale are known to be interested in Jankulovski.

"Jankulovski will leave in June. Milan? I can say they asked us about the player," Pozzo continued.

"They like him as do Juve and Inter. Marek wants to stay in Italy, in a big Italian club."

Pizarro is also a wanted man, with both Real Madrid and Barcelona keeping tabs on him.

"I know that Real Madrid and Barcelona are frequently sending scouts to see him," said Pozzo.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think there is a strong possibility that the majority of Udinese's core group of stars will be kept together,The prospect of grabbing a place in the prestigious CL would be motivation enough.Perhaps I could see Fava going as we all do,but otherwise I can see the rest staying on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts