Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read an interesting inteview to the chairman of Sampdoria on la Gazzetta dello Sport.
Here is what he said briefly:
"I read on the newspapers that I want to quit. It's false like the rumours regarding Recoba".
"Our target for this season is the qualification to the UEFA Cup. We have two ways to gain it, through the championship or through the Italian Cup".
"The Champions League right now can just be a dream, cause the economic resources are unbalanced and we cannot really face clubs who get much more money than us. Yet, I'm working with Della Valle for the future, a more balanced system could give us a chance to struggle with the top clubs".
"We are not going to get any new player. At least not now. Marotta knows what we need and we could do some operations before the end of the transfers window".
"The other oil magnate Moratti spends much more money than me and we have as many points as Inter? Probably our petrol is more powerful". (If Moratti reads this interview Sampdoria will be the last club to whom he will sell/loan Recoba for sure)
"Genoa CFC in serie A is a good thing for us. The Derby is a good thing"
"The stadium is not a forgotten project. We want to build it, but there is no hurry"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts