Xtratime Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Aquila Belga: On the "Who wouldn't ?" I meant along Juve fans, and I don't think you'll find many contradicting my view among them ;).

As for Lazio in Inter Toto..
I don't know what part Juve's position as number 1 on the UEFA rankings played for our seeding back in that infamous season where you guys won Lo scudetto ;), but Juve played two rounds before the finals. That is 6 games alltogether to qualify for the UEFA cup, starting from mid. Juli.

Actually- while writing this I checked up on the rsssf site, and this is the Inter Toto link for 2002/2003

http://www.rsssf.com/tables/uic02.html

If Lazio do as some of you guys want them to- they will qualify as first Italian team (1) for the Inter Toto- which means they'll meet the German nr.3, the Belgian number 3 or the Danish number 1 in the third round where Lazio will enter.That is- 6 games, and then UEFA cup.

Ciao.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
It seems that decision has been taken. If we do not quolify for UEFA, we will Play intertoto.

Lazio says yes to Intertoto Cup Posted May 3, 2002 - 14:51 by Mattias

Although there is one round left to play of the Serie A, and Lazio still have the chance to get an UEFA Cup spot, Lazio should yesterday have said yes to UEFA to participate in the Intertoto Cup if that would be the case.

According to latest news from Formello, Cragnotti and Mancini have talked it through, and although Lazio would have to start the pre season very early, they both agreed that reaching the UEFA Cup through the Intertoto would be worth trying.

The three winners of the Intertoto Cup, reaches the UEFA Cup. If Lazio would not move from the 7th place in the league on Sunday, the Roman club would enter the competition in the third round of the Intertoto cup. Lazio would have to beat 3 opponents to become a winner of the Intertoto Cup.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts