Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P W D L FA Pnt
1 Inter 33 20 9 4 60-31 69
2 Juventus 33 19 11 3 62-23 68
3 Roma 33 18 13 2 57-24 67
4 Milan 33 13 13 7 44-33 52
5 Bologna 33 15 7 11 40-37 52
6 Chievo 33 13 12 8 55-51 51
7 Lazio 33 13 11 9 46-35 50




Seems like Lazio is going to have to play Intertoto during the summer:(

Do you really think superstars like Nesta and Crespo will want to play Intertoto?


I don't think so :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
This is supposed to show your concern?:rolleyes:

There is one more game left to play.

If the superstars dont want to play in intertoto, they dont have to. There are players that will.
 

·
Flop
Joined
·
5,498 Posts
It's not more than a couple of years ago Rubentus had to do the same to get a UEFA cup spot. There is still one game left, but if the worst thing happen we just have to do it. Not participating in Europe would ruin Lazio's economy. On the bright side, we could see some of our youth players get some match practice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
What can I say? If we play the intertoto it's because we deserve to be there. Any player who doesn't like it can go to hell, or even worse, to rubentus.

Not that I ever believed in a CL spot, but the chance was nevertheless there. And we failed. Dr Zac should resign if he has any decency left.

I was told today that it was typical that Signori, our big hero, was the one that killed us off. But that's just bs, we killed ourselves off and we know it. Now it's time for Crag to wake up and do something right for a change. Don't be proud and act like you know **** about football. Hire a coach and let him handle, or at least influence, the transfer market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,555 Posts
Youness said:
that seems that will come back to training by the 20th of june ! well done for them ! they don't deserve holidays:mad:
Yeah I think some of them might only have 1 or 2 weeks off after the World Cup if we are in the Intertoto. That is shocking :dazed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Youness said:
that seems that will come back to training by the 20th of june ! well done for them ! they don't deserve holidays:mad:
Definitely, Youness!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Especially the "superstars" should be able to cope with a shortened holiday, should they not?:)

What is rather bothering me is what laziali said about the effects of not participating in european competition on Lazio's economy. Everything is somehow dependent on money.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
marceljasen said:
Any player who doesn't like it can go to hell, or even worse, to rubentus.
:D:tongue:

Put it this way. Playing in intertoto will shorten their holidays & players will like that pay their share of the price:D

Zac will hopefully resign & pay his share of the price.

For Crag intertoto means less money, so it will hit him where it hurts.

And us, the fans, will probably pay in terms of someone we like going to someone we dont like....

...football is a ....... sometimes (fill in the blanks yourself;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Two question:
Does the Intetoto qualify us to the UEFA Cup?! And secondly, where do we need to end up to even qualify to the Intertoto?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,168 Posts
The year after a WC is always hard for those teams that has many players participating.

Lazio does not have to do anything to get into the Inter Toto. That's the worst they can possibly do. Participating in the Inter Toto shortens the players vacation by two ½ weeks I think, although some will be granted their entire vacation for sure, as Lazio will still beat the teams in the Inter Toto unless an unlucky draw gives you a tough "final".

Either way- Having seen how Juve ran out of steem in that season you won ;)- I wouldn't wish the Inter Toto for someone who has ambitions. I would say my worst enemy, declined on that as I would dearly enjoy seing Milan play Inter Toto, but I won't wish it for the team giving us LO SCUDETTO.

Btw. all this talk about your players being to blame... partly so, and also Zac for being the moron he has always been, but really- there is only one person to blame, and that is Cragnotti. Many knows it already, but it's alot easier to blame players or coaches who can be replaced.

Ciao.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Trust me Glen, we know who to blame. The (rightful) accusations against both Crags have been frequent and aggressive, at least on laziomania... the prob is that deep down we all know that no matter how moronic Massimo is, and how stubborn and ignorant Sergio is, they will keep running Lazio. It's something we have to live with and accept unless we wanna go insane. So the only thing left to do is to demand that they deal with their mistakes (appointing Zac, buying Mendi, selling Nedved and Veron, etc) and find better solutions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Glen said:
The year after a WC is always hard for those teams that has many players participating.

Lazio does not have to do anything to get into the Inter Toto. That's the worst they can possibly do. Participating in the Inter Toto shortens the players vacation by two ½ weeks I think, although some will be granted their entire vacation for sure, as Lazio will still beat the teams in the Inter Toto unless an unlucky draw gives you a tough "final".

Either way- Having seen how Juve ran out of steem in that season you won ;)- I wouldn't wish the Inter Toto for someone who has ambitions. I would say my worst enemy, declined on that as I would dearly enjoy seing Milan play Inter Toto, but I won't wish it for the team giving us LO SCUDETTO.

Btw. all this talk about your players being to blame... partly so, and also Zac for being the moron he has always been, but really- there is only one person to blame, and that is Cragnotti. Many knows it already, but it's alot easier to blame players or coaches who can be replaced.

Ciao.
Ok Glen, for the first time I can agree with you ;)
Playing the intertoto will for sure mean we won't win anything (important) in next season.

But are you sure we will give you the scudo? We'll just have to see about that ;) .. but still.... better Juve than roma ofcourse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,168 Posts
Well Aquila Belga: As for the fans I don't expect Lazio to give Juve Lo scudetto. Not at all. I suppose it's the spin on "choose your poison" with option a- resulting in instant death, and b- a Month in hospital, and c- a really bad cold. The options being Roma, Juve and Lazio playing Toto respectively of course.

But I have no probs. with seing how Lazio supporters would prefer Inter winning Lo scudetto at all.

That said- I just think there are quite a few reasons as to why Lazio the club and Lazio the players would not give up the game.
Anyway- Inter usually has a hard time with Lazio, which was also the case at San Siro this season when Lazio wasn't really in tip top shape either. A draw will clearly be sufficient for me :).

In the end- I'm just talkng out of my ass because I want to believe we have a good chance ;).

Who wouldn't ?

Ciao.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Glen said:
.../
In the end- I'm just talkng out of my ass because I want to believe we have a good chance ;).

Who wouldn't ?

Ciao.
You know Glen, I could come up with heaps of people who wouldn't. ;)

Talking about Inter Toto there are 3 finals, right? And if Lazio would play Inter Toto, in what round would they enter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Well honestly I still have doubts if the fans will really invade the pitch... But if they do....I'll be one of them :cool:

Guess we won't know the answer untill sunday at 5pm cet huh?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top