Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Knoert said:
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060121/NOTICIA210833551.html

Found that link on another part of XT, what does it say exactly?

The Intertoto format has been changed, how many places does Spain get, one? two?

And who subscribed, only Atlético so far?
ok I will tell you what they explain.

Now for Intertoto Cups 49 teams will match them, in past editions were 61 teams. The inscription will be linked with federations coefficients, wtth the results of the clubs obtained in the last 5 seasons, which will be used too for Champions League and UEFA Cup and tell how many teams of each federation could participate.

For the moment the RFEF only have one place but could ask for an extra place in case of a vacant place. So it's Atletico who is selected

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gracias!

Only one place for Spain? Thought Spain are among the highest countries on that list...

So Atlético is interested, if Spain gets a second place, any more teams shown interest already for that place?

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Knoert said:
Gracias!

Only one place for Spain? Thought Spain are among the highest countries on that list...

So Atlético is interested, if Spain gets a second place, any more teams shown interest already for that place?
Spain should still be the first, followed by England and Italy

the RFEF, Spanish federation decide to ask one place, then they could ask another one but they will have to select the other team

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mateo said:
Spain should still be the first, followed by England and Italy

the RFEF, Spanish federation decide to ask one place, then they could ask another one but they will have to select the other team
Ah ok, I think I get it, so actually there are two places reserved for Spain, but Spain asked only one?

If I was any team who meets the regulations to play Intertoto (top-12 in your league or something?), then I'd surely do it as the format is changed and you need to win just two ties to enter the UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Knoert said:
Ah ok, I think I get it, so actually there are two places reserved for Spain, but Spain asked only one?
Now Spain only have one vote, but can ask for one more. New rules, I don't know why Spain with the higher coefficient only have one team

If I was any team who meets the regulations to play Intertoto (top-12 in your league or something?), then I'd surely do it as the format is changed and you need to win just two ties to enter the UEFA Cup.[/QUOTE]

Yes two ties , 4 matches

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Depor, Atléti, Sevilla, Villarreal are subscribed to the Intrertoto.

Spain will have one place for sure ... but usually a few countrys who alo have a spot for sure won't participate so the other countrys might get their place. Spain would be the first country who will be allowed to have two teams ...

Husky

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
So, that I get it right, too. ;)

That´s the UEFA valuation:
5-years-valuation

1. Spain(69,320)
2. Italy (65,588)
3. England (61,486)
4. France (50,656)
5. Germany (47,739)
6. Portugal (43,874)
7. Netherlands (41,331)
8. Greece (32,081)
9. Russia (31,583)
10. Scotland (30,375)

So, if a few countries don´t make use of their UI Cup place (what I don´t get, ´cause which club doesn´t want to play in an european cup) the first country would be Spain which gets a 2nd spot, then Italy and so on. The 5th would go to Germany. Right?

And, for example, Spain would only get a 3rd spot when all other countries have been asked?

This is the first time my FCN could get in the UI Cup race if everything goes well. :) That´s why I´m interested in that system for the first time. ;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's how I get it too, everyone gets the oppurtunity to ask for a ticket, if a country refuses, Spain is the first one to get a second, then if five countries refuse, Germany will get one.

As for Spain, will be a fight between Depor, Villarreal and Atletico, as Sevilla probably will qualify for at least UEFA Cup directly.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
|-Husky-| said:
Don't get panic ... Nürnberg won't qualify for the intertoto cup :)

Husky

It´s good that you know that already. :howler: But Hannover won´t get qualified, too. ;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
what is his intertonto?? is new??

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
No, it´s the UI Cup which is played in summer before most of the leagues in europe start. UI = UEFA Intertoto

It gets sponsored by a group of european lottery/toto associations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts