Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it'll probably need an outstanding run from us and a thing our players have never heard of, consistancy, to get into Europe directly via the league, so just like last year, our only option to get into Europe would be via the intertoto cup. Would you want to take this route?

I personally would, just like last year but unfortunately Hoddle objected saying that our squad wasn't big enough. Our squad is bigger now and we have plenty of youngsters coming through so we can try out in the first few rounds of the intertoto (cos face it we'll probably face Scandinavian muppets first and they should be good enough to bring us thorugh)

AND if you look at the sides that have taken part in the intertoto cup in the last few seasons, Fulham and Newcastle, they've gone onto another level and had good starts to the season. Maybe us playing in the intertoto earlier this season would have had our players sharper and maybe we wouldn't have made such a pathetic start to the season, who knows!

but I'm personally dieing to see us in Europe again, no matter what. A club as big as us should not have had it's last European adventure 6 or 7 years ago (in 98 wasn't it?? after we won the worthless cup, only to go out to Kaiserslautern conceding 2 injury time goals :sob: ). It'd be an experience and it'd bring us extra revenue, no matter what.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
The Inter-2 bob-cup may not be the glamourous of European trophies, but it's still means we take the plane to go to matches :howler: :D

If we fail a top 6 place (which is highly likely) we should seriously consider this option...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Imagine Intertoto as the Cup Winners Cup. A mediocre competition that gives 'some' prestige.

I also would like to see Spurs use their free air miles. :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we have ambition...we have ambition...we have ambition... :D

intertoto better than nothing.. :howler:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I am stricty against Intertoto. The season is demanding enough, even without meaningless competitions.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
long time no see viola...how have u been mate?? :)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
hi carson...troubled times...but now I have the possibility to watch a lot of live football :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts