Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Branca looks sad. :(

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13012009/58/premier-league-maradona-tevez-must-quit-united.html

Premier League - Maradona: Tevez must quit United
Eurosport - Tue, 13 Jan 11:19:00 2009

Argentina coach Diego Maradona has said Carlos Tevez should think of leaving Manchester United for Serie A title holders Internazionale.

More StoriesRonaldo wins FIFA World Player
Torres: United 'clear favourites' for title
The 24-year-old Argentine forward's future with the English and European champions is in doubt with his current deal due to expire at the end of the season.

"(On Sunday) I saw Manchester United win (3-0 against Chelsea) without Tevez. This isn't good for him," Maradona was quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport.

"Certain episodes are certainly bringing closer his exit. Italy and Inter in particular would be excellent solutions.

"What's more, his contract is running out, which makes it easier to change team."

Maradona had earlier advised Tevez to stay at Old Trafford and fight Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov for a first-team place.

Last week Tevez expressed his frustration that United had not offered a new deal, saying: "I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half."

Argentina legend Maradona, who is in Italy to watch Inter's Coppa Italia tie against Genoa at the San Siro, said Atletico Madrid's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero should also consider transferring to Inter.

"What advice would I give him? To come running to Inter. I can already imagine the extraordinary partnership he'd form with (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic."

Aguero is in a relationship with Maradona's daughter Giannina, who is expecting his child next month.

Reuters

So Maradona, with his all his power as Argentinian coach, is doing his best to direct players to Inter. :proud: Moratti should have sent a little gift by way of T/T by now. :thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
----Aguero

Tevez - Ibra

Whoohooo... can Maradona add Messi in?

Fird, initial T/T must be there already ;)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
:D

I like Maradonas advices: "Run to Inter"

I hope he says that to every great player.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Tevez would be great, and much more realistic then Kun or Messi with his contract issues and all.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Tevez is not productive enough, he scores far too few goals and wastes a million chances scoring the few he does. He is hugely overrated and should far away from Inter. I thought very highly of Tevez some years ago, but he has turned out to be a dud.

Aguero would obviously be great.

But if Maradona wants to help us with transfers he should look for proper midfielders so we can rid of this "least productive midfield in the world" tag we have having for some time now.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
obviously, either aguero or tevez would be useful and helpful for us...as they are great players...but i m more a fan of aguero, he is a pure scorer...we need that...

i don't know if we need tevez as much as aguero...maybe the boca junior connection...so maradona likes him and wants him to join us... :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
IMO he should start talking with Mascherano about a possible move.. best signing ever.

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AND IT CONTINUES...

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13012009/3/special-best-coach-says-maradona.html

'Special One' is the best coach, says Maradona
Tue 13 Jan, 06:16 PM

AFP/Giuseppe Cacaceview photo
ROME (AFP) - Jose Mourinho is the best coach in the world claimed Argentinian national handler Diego Maradona on Tuesday.

Maradona - who is in Milan to watch several of his compatriots play in the Italian Cup clash between Mourinho's Inter Milan and Genoa later on Tuesday - said the coach known as the 'Special One' had everything required of a coach.

"Mourinho is the coach I would have hired had I been president of no matter what club," said the former Argentinian playing legend, who almost single-handedly inspired Argentina to the 1986 World Cup trophy.

"He was the best possible buy (Mourinho arrived as a replacement for Roberto Mancini in the summer of last year) and I also said that to Inter president (Massimo) Moratti when I had the opportunity to do so.

"Jose has everything: he knows how to talk to the players, to the press, and in the dressing room. For me he is the best," added Maradona, who replaced Alfio Basile in early November after a series of disappointing results in their 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Step #1: Tell Tevez and Aguero to RUN to Inter. :D

Step #2: Tell everyone Mourinho is the best coach to make going to Inter even more attractive.

Step #3: ...Messi. :hopeful:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Let's say he convinces players and clubs to sell us Aguero, Tevez, Messi and Mascherano.

I would build a statue for him in Antwerp :D

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's say he convinces players and clubs to sell us Aguero, Tevez, Messi and Mascherano.

I would build a statue for him in Antwerp :D
Brabo would get jealous. ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
hmmmm . that would be legendary Maradona-performance :hopeful:

----------Kun
Tevez-Ibrahimovic-Messi
---Cambi-Mascherano

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Tevez overrated.....right.

The guy won over all of England which has been hell for so many South American's and Argentineans and Latin Americans in general for the past 20 years, won a Champions League and Premier League title scoring some unbelievably crucial goals but he's overrated.

ffs.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
"won over all of england", ah so thats why he has never been remotely close to a starting position at united?

His goal and assists ratio's speaks for themselves. He is not top team material, atleast not as a starter. On top of that he misses tons of chances, you want such a player at Inter were we generate very few real scoring chances? Yea great move...

But perhaps Tevez is your new thing now? Why arent you preaching about how worldclass RQ is anymore :howler:? Youve lost all credibility buddie, time to listen and learn instead.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i sure wish maradona would convince moratti to sell burdisso... :D but too bad there is boca junior connection... :cry:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I think the relationship with Inter will probably not help with the current crop of stars, however if we get into some type of bidding war for a player, I think Diego could be the deciding factor, since he runs the national team now and his stature as legend in Argentina.

Are there any future phenoms who are not signed yet?? Any young talent on the horizon that Diego could bring on over?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i m not a greedy guy..i just want aguero... :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Exclusive Maradona interview on Inter Channel
Tuesday, 13 January 2009 17:22:57
[FOTO Tuesday, 13 January 2009 17:22:57]

APPIANO GENTILE - "We'll see each other again tonight at the stadium," said Diego. "I'm waiting for you. The door is always open for you," replied José after this afternoon's meeting between the Argentina and Inter coaches at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti. Before returning to Milan from Appiano Gentile ahead of tonight's cup clash with Genoa, Diego Armando Maradona gave this brief interview to Inter Channel:

Inter are one of the clubs with the most Argentine players in football history. No less than 35 Argentines have worn the Inter shirt, and there are six in the current squad. Is this one of the reasons why you came to visit Inter?
"First of all I thank Massimo Moratti, who is without doubt my president in Italy. He's an exquisite man and he has made Inter great. Also, he got Mourinho this summer, the coach that I would certainly have brought in if I were the president of a club. He was the best possible buy and I told Moratti too when I had the chance. José has everything: he knows how to talk to the players, to the press, to the dressing room. For me, he's the best."

If there had been the chance, would Maradona have played for Inter under the presidency of Massimo Moratti?
"Yes, without doubt. With all the respect I have for the Napoli fans, who will always be in my heart, I believe that with Moratti as president I would have been an Inter player."

Many things have changed compared to when Maradona played, but the Italian championship is still full of Argentine players...
"Us Argentines are children of Italian and Spanish emigrants, but I think the difference is that we have always got on better in Italy than Spain. My personal story was like this too: I had many problems settling down in Barcelona, but I settled in straight away in Naples, without any problems."

Which is better, life as a player or life as a coach?
"Coaching is no problem for me. No one can forget my story, no one can cancel it out. I have a great team though, all the players play well so we have to work on the heads, and I think I can get every player to do well for Argentina."

They're always looking for the new Maradona in Argentina. They're all saying it's Lionel Messi.
"Let's hope so... I hope Leo becomes even stronger than me. We would all gain from it: Argentine football, the national team and me too as national team coach. This is why I want Messi to be even better than Maradona, not just the new Maradona."

You'll be at the Meazza tonight for Inter-Genoa. What kind of match are you expecting?
"As always in Italian football, I'm expecting a vibrant match. I don't think it will be a very open match. Inter have players capable of winning any match, but we will see."

inter.it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts