Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, I would have a nice Excel chart here or a little mini-stat book of everyone's contract and stuff. But why don't someone else clue us in to what our squad stands as next year and who is leaving for free (I guess that is in reverse order of the obvious logical progression of thought)

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
To lazy to look up contracts however this is idealy what I would like to see next season so we don't become stale and fall into the same trap
as other teams who wait to rebuild

Goalkeepers

• Julio Cesar -Starter
  • Orlandoni - Backup
  • Toldo - Backup

Keepers are fine right now. Cesar is excellect, doesn't get injured and Toldo is a very capable backup. Orlandoni, meh whatever, good enough for 3rd goalkeeper.

Defenders

• Burdisso - backup
  • Maxwell - first team
  • Chivu - first team
  • Cordoba - first team
  • Maicon - first team
  • Materazzi -first team
  • Rivas - Backup
  • Samuel - first team

Defense is still good, between Chivu, Samuel, Cordoba, Materazzi we still have 4 excellent center backs. Reserves are OK, Burdisso is a bit of wild card, he is good at times but then messes up big time at others when he goes crazy.. Should be used strictly as a back up. Rivas has also really impressed shown he can be counted on as a reserve. Won't need them much hopefully but good 5th and 6th CB choices.

Midfielders

• Zanetti - first team
  • Cambiasso - first team
  • Cesar - OUT
  • Dacourt - backup
  • Pelé - back up
  • Jimenez -backup
  • Figo - OUT
  • Maniche - OUT
  • Solari - OUT
  • Stankovic - backup
  • Viera - OUT

Midfield is a mess, needs to be rebuilt almost from scratch. Only Zanetti and Cambiasso should be in the starting XI all the dead weight removed. Pele, Dacourt, Jimenez and Stankovic make a great bench for midfield. Two destroyers, one creative and the other utility. Stankovic shouldn't start anymore but he is the ultimate utility man and a very useful backup.

One world class playmaker and one classy central midfielder with some creativity MUST be signed next season. Something like Lucho and Deigo would be nice.

Forwards

• Balotelli - Backup
  • Crespo - OUT
  • Cruz - Backup
  • Ibrahimovic - first team
  • Suazo - backup

Crespo back from his loan and Balotelli is being slowly introduced to the first team leaves us with Suazo, Cruz and Ibra. Would like one elite striker to partner Ibra with Suazo and Cruz as subs/starters depending on form. Balotelli should also get more minutes.

Conclusion

First team

Cesar

Maicon - 2 of (Samuel, Materazzi, Cordoba, Chivu), Maxwell (Chivu)

Zanetti - X - Cambiasso

X

Ibrahimovic - X​

Bench - Burdisso, Rivas, Pele, Stankovic, Jimenez, Dacourt, Cruz, Suazo, Balotelli

OUT - Cesar, Maniche, Figo, Viera, Crespo,

IN- 1 Playmaker, 1 Central midfielder that can play football, 1 Striker.

·
Registered
17,571 Posts
I agree with the changes you ask for. Inter better get a real AMC though or else it's useless to stick with this system...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That's a pretty good plan overall. So Adriano and Recoba are both out as well? Don't forget about our loan men.

Since we have a crapload of strikers, why don't we just turn Cambiasso in to a CM playmaker and play a 4-3-3?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
get rid of Solari, Dacourt and Stankovic as well and you've got a great team. I wouldn't get rid of Crespo though, but others obviously would. Plus he is an Inter player, he has signed a contract. He no longer belongs to Chelsea, I think.

Defence is completely fine.

In midfield, for the box to box midfield position I'd get one of Alberto Aquilani (no offence Roma fans) or Lucho Gonzalez. Then if Mourinho is coach, the likes of Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Manuel Fernandes are in contention. Would love any of the names I've mentioned, personally.

For the attacking midfielder position, I'd love for us to get a genuine AM. None of this beating around the bush. No idea for this position, NOT Quaresma as he's not a genuine AM. He's a winger.

If we get rid of Adriano and Crespo/Cruz or maybe even Suazo, wouldn't mind another genuine striker who COMPLEMENTS Ibrahimovic's game.

2 players for the first XI, at the very most 3. A few other backups, squad rotation players at best.

·
4,108 Posts
get rid of Solari, Dacourt and Stankovic as well and you've got a great team. I wouldn't get rid of Crespo though, but others obviously would. Plus he is an Inter player, he has signed a contract. He no longer belongs to Chelsea, I think.

Defence is completely fine.

In midfield, for the box to box midfield position I'd get one of Alberto Aquilani (no offence Roma fans) or Lucho Gonzalez. Then if Mourinho is coach, the likes of Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Manuel Fernandes are in contention. Would love any of the names I've mentioned, personally.

For the attacking midfielder position, I'd love for us to get a genuine AM. None of this beating around the bush. No idea for this position, NOT Quaresma as he's not a genuine AM. He's a winger.

If we get rid of Adriano and Crespo/Cruz or maybe even Suazo, wouldn't mind another genuine striker who COMPLEMENTS Ibrahimovic's game.

2 players for the first XI, at the very most 3. A few other backups, squad rotation players at best.

Stankovic would be a class sub if he takes that role. He can play anywhwere and is experienced. We still need good bench players perhaps giving him that role would light a fire under his ass.

Also Crespo is still a Chelsea player as far as I know. Therefore it comes down to him and Cruz, Obviously Cruz is better option to keep, he is owned by Inter and he has been WAY better then Crespo.

Agree RE: midfield and forward. I said the same thing. One playmaker, one box-to-box midfielder, one striker to play with Zlatan.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Stankovic would be a class sub if he takes that role. He can play anywhwere and is experienced. We still need good bench players perhaps giving him that role would light a fire under his ass.

Also Crespo is still a Chelsea player as far as I know. Therefore it comes down to him and Cruz, Obviously Cruz is better option to keep, he is owned by Inter and he has been WAY better then Crespo.

Agree RE: midfield and forward. I said the same thing. One playmaker, one box-to-box midfielder, one striker to play with Zlatan.
Crespo deal with chelsea ends this summer. When he signed for Inter in June he agreed a pre contract of another 2 seasons after this one. He still has 2 years here.

·
4,108 Posts
Ugggg...I guess we are not getting a new stirker. Cruz also signed a new deal recently. I'm almost sure both will stay.

I suppose it won't be that bad keeping the same strikeforce and simply giving Balotelli more minutes.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Ugggg...I guess we are not getting a new stirker. Cruz also signed a new deal recently. I'm almost sure both will stay.

I suppose it won't be that bad keeping the same strikeforce and simply giving Balotelli more minutes.
Crespo might decide to leave it depends from him. If mancini stays he might want to go.

Guys who are out irrespective of whether mancini or the special one is the manager next season are the following:

Solari
Maniche
Figo
Viera
A.Cesar
Dacourt?? Not sure 100%

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
How is Dacourt not 100% certain when the other who are out of contract is?

Stop posting bullshit, if anyone out of those players arent out for certainty it Vieira.
Because there has been talk that mancini and moratti wants to keep him. :rollani:

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Viera there has been talk that he will be told he has to find a new club. His performances have been very poor and his commitment is lacking.

This is a forum for discussing not every thing here needs to be based on facts if that was the case there would be very few threads.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Defenders

• Burdisso - backup
  • Maxwell - first team
  • Chivu - first team
  • Cordoba - first team
  • Maicon - first team
  • Materazzi -first team
  • Rivas - Backup
  • Samuel - first team

Defense is still good, between Chivu, Samuel, Cordoba, Materazzi we still have 4 excellent center backs. Reserves are OK, Burdisso is a bit of wild card, he is good at times but then messes up big time at others when he goes crazy.. Should be used strictly as a back up. Rivas has also really impressed shown he can be counted on as a reserve. Won't need them much hopefully but good 5th and 6th CB choices.
Don't shoot me. I think Materazzi needs to be back-up now.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
What are the chances Balotelli gets playing time if The Special One becomes our coach? Anyone know how he deals with/feels about youth prospects?
He buys younger players. He doesn't like to buy 30 plus guys. But honestly I don't remember him using many academy boys at chelsea but then I don't know if any of them were as good as mario.

The special one is smart if he thinks mario is good enough he will play him.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a bad problem. Our best CBs...arguably Samuel & Cordoba- both have their ACL knocked out. They will never be the same again. Our other big CB Matrix is losing it.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Balloteli and Pele have stellar potential and should not be wasted. I would also like Jimenez to stay unless we bring in someone who is 1000x better in that position.

The most important thing is a player who can do something from set plays. We are so poor in that deparment that freekicks and corners are worthless, we might as well give the other team the ball.

Regardless who the coach is next year we need don't need more than 2 new players in the starting 11. Don't touch defense if the injured players will all be back.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
If Jose comes he will bring Carvalho.:smileani:
Honestly, I have this pencilled in as well.

Also, Samuel will recover, a lot of his game is based on his positioning, strength and just smart knowledge of how the game is played. Cordoba, who relies a lot on his pace, I don't think will ever be the same, which is a grand shame.

·
Registered
17,350 Posts
what should probably happen is Chivu at CB alongside Samuel

that would be excellent

it's then up to Mancio whether he trusts Maxwell at LB

Cordoba's had a good season but he may not be in good shape when he comes back from this current injury

TBH I wouldn't mind an Ibra-Cruz attack for next season as long as there's a high quality midfield behind them

preferably Aquilani

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
what should probably happen is Chivu at CB alongside Samuel

that would be excellent

it's then up to Mancio whether he trusts Maxwell at LB

Cordoba's had a good season but he may not be in good shape when he comes back from this current injury

TBH I wouldn't mind an Ibra-Cruz attack for next season as long as there's a high quality midfield behind them

preferably Aquilani
Yeah they are a good partnership that works well and Cruz is still in a good condition + Suazo,Crespo and Balotelli that is good enough strike force if we have a smaller budget than we had hoped....in that case just buy 2 quality midfilders that will slot straight into the 1st 11 and we are set

Aquilani is a no go imo and Montolivo maybe a no go for a year or 2 (I still want to see him become more consistent as well)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts