Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tournament being played at Hindmarsh Stadium in Adelaide, and includes Barcelona, Dinamo, Aston Villa, AC Milan and others.

Tonight i went and watched Dinamo, who lost on penalties to Barcelona. They deserved to lose 3-0. I must say what i saw was far from impressive, their defence was excellent but their midfield and forwards were below par. The dinamo keeper also had the worst goalkick i have ever seen.

Still, Dinamo have a chance of progressing out of the group stage, as their next matches are against Malaysia Select and Team SA.

Does anyone know anything about this squad?

·
©
7,230 Posts
It is a youth tournament. Under 19's I think. Hajduk actually won the thing last year.

Dinamo Zagreb squad: 1. Vuljanko Neven, 2. Saric Miroslav, 3. Kardum Teo, 4. Dzidic Damir, 5. Damogoj Krajacic, 6. Boris Pesic, 7. Goran Fiser, 8. Jasmin Icanovic, 9. Kristijan Brcic, 10. Drazen Karas, 11. Dean Karabasic, 12. Kelava Ivan, 13. Karlo Tomljenovic, 14. Spehar Davor, 15. Plumb Jusufi, 16. Mikulic Josip, 17. Cabraja Bozidar – Coach – Deveric Stjepan.

Suker, I heard there was abit of trouble? True or false?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an under21 tournament, and the Croats were very physical. They actually injured Barcas star player, their goalkeeper, and he had to come off. Barcelona players were diving all the time it was really annoying to watch.

The Croatian crowd is always pretty fanatical. As usual they were lighting flares but after Dinamo lost the penalty shoot out they actually threw flares at the cops.

They play again tonight against Team SA, a youth team with some of the states best young talent. I predict Dinamo will win 4-0.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from the game, Dinamo were again far from impressive and lost to Team SA 3-0. Dinamo seem to lack any forwards and all the players seem to lack vision.

Disappointed, after seeing Hajduk clean up this tournament last time.

·
©
7,230 Posts
isuse...3-0??

The dinamo juniors usually do very well in tournaments like these. They have some players on loan that would usually be in this age group, but still..

·
Registered
69,696 Posts
hmm, poor result, only heard of 3 of these players, Mirolav Saric I hear a lot about him and he has made a few appearances for Dinamo, Teo Kardum and Josip Mikulic play for the U19's.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
shocking.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Cindric, Cavric, Papa, Barnjak, Cale, Janjetovic and Corluka are just some of the names that would be there but are not.

Still bad though. I don't want to start again on how our youth players are not as good as before but..

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
hej, dinamo youth players may be bad, Hajduk kicks ass though :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
They lost the last game against Malaysia 2-1. Malaysia had a player sent off in the 6th minute and Kardum scored from a peanlty. Then 10 man Malaysia turned the game around. :eek:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dinamovac11 said:
They lost the last game against Malaysia 2-1. Malaysia had a player sent off in the 6th minute and Kardum scored from a peanlty. Then 10 man Malaysia turned the game around. :eek:
Quite pathetic...Malaysia select are terrible, Hajduk beat them 5-0 and the margin probably should have been more...

Also, Team SA are doing pretty well. For all the Aussies watch out for Matricciani in the A-League, hes a gun. Team SA are into the final and beat Barcelona 4-0, Matricciani got a hattrick :eekani:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Deveric and co. are coming to our house for a barbacue, d11, come over if you wanna meet some semi-famous people, and maybe score yourself an original dinamo top :)

·
©
7,230 Posts
Yeah I heard they are playing the Knights and St Albans Dinamo. When is that?

I don't think you want me coming around.:D I will yell at them and tell them how the club should be run! :nono: :D

It doesn't suprise me SA is doing so well. There are heaps of talented kids in Australia.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
they can't play the Knights because Filipovic didn't organise it in time, so the Knights will play Preston Makedonia while Dinamo will play against St. Albans...in St. Albans.

But Sydney Utd. will play the Knights on Sunday...tommorow. You coming to that?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Yeah I am pretty sure I am coming to that. The old man wants to go badly.. to remember the good old Croatian derby.:)

Might see you there...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
i have a box now :) so I'll watch it while getting hammered :)

·
©
7,230 Posts
ooo...a Knights box! Hope it isn't one where a big pole blocks your view.:D

I will be with the common folk, some would say, real supporters. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts