Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Internationals..... :yuck: :yuck:

Personally, I think international football should be banned forever, it does nothing but get in the way of good Club business.

:D:D
:thmbup: exactly my opinion!

Plus it is disturbing, I need my Benfica and Barça-game at the weekend, no national team could ever interrest me sameways as my clubs do!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Bier said:

Plus it is disturbing, I need my Benfica and Barça-game at the weekend, no national team could ever interrest me sameways as my clubs do!
same here.if i do not watch a Barca game every week i feel like something is missing :stuckup:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:

Personally, I think international football should be banned forever, it does nothing but get in the way of good Club business.

Actually this week is very boring... Spain playing a friendly match against China. :sleepy: I hardly watch an international match leaving aside Euros and WCs.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Bier said:

But you can watch Sammy vs. Sudan tomorrow, DSF will show it live.

·
Registered
73 Posts
gonna be seing giuly here in my country on wednesday and it will be probably the only time that I will be hoping that he doesn't score any goals.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
isnt this the thread where we report Barca players on NT duty :smileani: ??

well anyways, Gio played the whole game against the romanians, was very good & solid, nobody passed him, he cleared a few difficult balls in the penalty area, and his crosses were pinpoint

i reckon he deserves another chance in the starting lineup

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah Gio at his best, is better than Silvinho at his best from what they have both showed at Barca. He just needs a long good rest.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:

Well said VBI!

These international breaks are a real annoying Nuisance.
Very boring weeks with no "interesting" club football to look forward to!

Instead of disrupting the leagues with these breaks, why don't they just set aside one month (at the end of the season?) and play all the world cup qualifiers at the same time? Might be more interesting!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
MxPx said:
But you can watch Sammy vs. Sudan tomorrow, DSF will show it live.
Hey, thanks for the hint. Hmm missed the first half. But he didn't score yet anyway. Força Sammy!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The way internationals are organised is the problem for me.

In a standard week, on Sunday I might go to the pub to see the Pay Per View Scottish league game, then depending on the fixtures stay to watch the Premiership game right after it. Then a Spanish game when I go home, or a Brazilian game depending on the times.

On Monday night I watch the Scottish and Spanish highlights.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there are Champions League and UEFA Cup games on, or Premiership games on Sky. Late wednesday, I watch a Brazilian game, and on Thursday Football Night on channel 5 I watch the Portuguese game, then the Dutch game. And sometimes the Argentine highlights if I don't need to get up early the next day.

On Saturday, I listen to the English and Scottish games on the radio, before watching a Spanish or Italian game, depending on who's playing. Then Premiership highlights right after that game.

This doesn't take into account watching Sky Sports news and getting English league round ups whenever they are on, and Eurosport showing goals from across Europe and sometimes from Brazil and Argentina. Eurosport and Sky also show sometimes football from Asia or Africa. Eurogoals is good in the mornings, I get to see Italian and Dutch round ups.

Internationals, particularly double headers, the saturday has 3 games on TV, which is good, but no football at all until wednesday. Then no football at all until saturday.

I like watching a variety of football on just about every day. :scream: :scream:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Cameroon keep their slim hopes (4 points behind Ivory Coast, they need to win the group in order to qualify) for Germany'06 alive. Looked like a very disappointing 1-1 against Sudan, until Osasuna's Webo scored their second in the 90th minute.

Stoichkov lost his first game as Bulgarian NT coach yesterday, by the way. A devastating 0:3 against Sweden at home.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I just watched Netherlands vs. Armenia, it wasn't the most lively of matches, but Gio and Van Bommel had great games. Gio was unlucky not to score, he had a great volley but it hit the post!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
MxPx said:
Stoichkov lost his first game as Bulgarian NT coach yesterday, by the way. A devastating 0:3 against Sweden at home.
Today, they drew but to a side being coached by Lothar Matthäus ... I leave that uncommented. :neutral:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts