Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweden V England

Were due a win against the scandihooligans, it's about time we beat them. Lets hope after we win 4-0 Sven shows some emotion and looks pleased! :D ...doubt it though.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
If England were playing any other team in the world I wouldn't be able to see Scotland-Romania. :D

My friend is CERTAIN it will end a draw so he'll let me come to his and see the Romania game instead. He said he is sick of England-Swedens and I don't blame him.

Sweden have a very changed team since the World Cup. Ones to look out for are Isaksson and Kallstrom, as well as- of course- Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

I think you'll win this game. The England team is looking stronger and stronger every call up. Now with :star: Wright-Phillips :star: in the team, at least I'm happy.

My preferred team:

James- Wright-Phillips, Southgate, Terry, Samuel- Gerrard- Beckham, Hargreaves, Thompson- Defoe, Owen

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview from soccage...

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u1593.html

==============

International Friendly Prediction: Sweden-England
Sweden - England | Latest News | News Archive

03/30/2004. This friendly between two of the teams competing at Euro 2004 promises to be a tight affair, just as it has been in recent encounters.

England's squad in Portugal will be unrecognisable from the one going to Sweden, but the advantage of having a host of newcomers is that they are all eager to impress.

The inevitable host of second half substitutions are likely to render the contest rather pointless so the safe bet would be a draw.

SAUK

soccerage

===================

Ljungberg Rested By Sweden

Ljungberg: needs a break, say Sweden (& Wenger) (AFP)
03/30/2004. Arsenal's Freddie Ljungberg has been rested by Sweden ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against England in Gothenburg.

Ljungberg has recently returned to action for the Gunners following a back injury, and Swedish coaches Lars Lagerback and Tommy Soderberg want the midfielder to rest.

"Fredrik can play, we know that, but with a thought to Arsenal's schedule we don't want to contribute to pulling him down even more," said Lagerback.

"In the long run it's better for the national team that he rests."

Ljungberg played for Arsenal on Sunday in a fast-paced, highly-charged clash with Manchester United.

The two great current rivals of English football meet head-to-head again in the FA Cup on Saturday and a midweek game may have had a detrimental effect on Ljungberg, who is expected to be a central figure for Sweden at Euro 2004.

"Wenger doesn't want Fredrik to play," added Lagerback.

"But even if he hadn't expressed his views we would still have made the same decision."

Graham Lister

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Gerrard Confirmed As England's Stand-In Captain

Gerrard handed honour (AFP)
03/30/2004. Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has been confirmed as England's stand-in captain for Wednesday's friendly in Sweden.

With David Beckham, Michael Owen and Sol Campbell all missing Sven-Goran Eriksson had to hand the captains armband to a new face.

Gerrard, who has never lost a match for England, was selected ahead of the likes of Gareth Southgate and John Terry.

The 23-year-old is also currently Liverpool's captain.
Rob

soccerage

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
If you are to finally beat us, it is in this game. you better do it, since it is your last chance in 30 more years ;)

Our form is terrible and we basically suck in training matches, still our opponents isn't that much to fancy. :D

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Why do they have to always play Sweden. Is it some kind of contract for using a Swedes coach. Challenge good teams like Holland and you will get your a$$ kicked

Does anyone really care about friendlies. Sven always changes the entire team when the game is going against him so that he can claim he was experimenting

M

·
0 Posts
calcio100 said:
Why do they have to always play Sweden. Is it some kind of contract for using a Swedes coach. Challenge good teams like Holland and you will get your a$$ kicked

Does anyone really care about friendlies. Sven always changes the entire team when the game is going against him so that he can claim he was experimenting
You have no idea what you are talking about. Clear off and stop embarrassing yourself.

M

·
0 Posts
JKris said:
Why should he stop using his best trick? :D
I honestly don't know if this calcio guy is being deliberately stupid to annoy people, or he is just naturally stupid.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Mike said:
I honestly don't know if this calcio guy is being deliberately stupid to annoy people, or he is just naturally stupid.
Are you annoyed! Say yes or I will not stop:rolleyes: If I were you I will be embarassed for supporting Liverpool and be a great fan of Owen the second most overrated player ever after Rooney.

England suck anyway so who cares

M

·
0 Posts
You're a complete laughing stock..... You remind me of some guy who got laughed at by everyone on some other message board I visit after he claimed he played alongside Pele, and got caught out lying.... lol

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Mike said:
Mike, still doing your stuff in the storeroom. How come its taking you this long this time. I thought you said 2 and half minutes is more than enough for you. Ohh wait, I forgot, you said the third time in a day always takes you a bit longer. 6 minutes.

Don't be such an asshole little man or I will rush you to the corner and beat the hell out of you.

D

·
0 Posts
Calcio you little tosser, fukk off back to the Serie Snore forum where people might want to hear your shit. you've got no idea about football, i doubt you've ever seen a football, let alone a match.

wanker.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Calcio you little tosser, fukk off back to the Serie Snore forum where people might want to hear your shit. you've got no idea about football, i doubt you've ever seen a football, let alone a match.

wanker.
we don't want him, he has been spewing shit about serie A for a long time.

M

·
0 Posts
calcio100 said:
Mike, still doing your stuff in the storeroom. How come its taking you this long this time. I thought you said 2 and half minutes is more than enough for you. Ohh wait, I forgot, you said the third time in a day always takes you a bit longer. 6 minutes.

Don't be such an asshole little man or I will rush you to the corner and beat the hell out of you.

Are you demented or something?? What in God's name are you going on about?? Threatening me from behind a PC screen, like some sort of big shot?!? Don't make me laugh. I've seen old people who more intimidating than you. Clear of you glory hunting loser, you're not welcome here.

M

·
0 Posts
King of the Kop said:
Hahahahahahaha unless Mikes 13 aswell rushing him might be abit of a problem, clear off you illogical gloryhunting imbicile.
I'm 20. I doubt there will be any rushing of any sort, coming from calcio.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts