14 Gerald Asamoah
10 Mike Hanke
11 Miroslav Klose
20 Lukas Podolski

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am absolutely distraught at some of the selections.

Woerns misses out and is out of the World Cup after his blazing row with Klinsi. Metze is back in there which is encouraging to see.

The one player i really hoped would get into this team was Sebastian Kehl and i was really looking forward to seeing his performances in the Defensive Midfield role that he fills for Dortmund.

Germany play Frings in that role and that is a waste of the mans attacking talents i believe. He is best suited as an attacking wing back and its tragic to see him have to fill in a role that we specialized in. Id even take Carsten Ramelow and his calming prescence back now. The quintessential midfield dynamo.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All time record:

Plyd: 27
Won: 7
Tied: 8
Lost: 12 ( 5 of which came in the 30's ;) )

Last five matches:

20.08.2003 Stuttgart Germany - Italy 0:1 (0:1)
19.06.1996 Manchester Italy - Germany 0:0 (0:0)
21.06.1995 Zürich (SUI) Germany - Italy 2:0 (1:0)
23.03.1994 Stuttgart Germany - Italy 2:1 (1:1)
25.03.1992 Turin (ITA) Italy - Germany 1:0 (0:0)

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
I think we are going to get punished.

Ballack, Klose and Frings cannot make up for our chaos defence which will be composed by out-of-form.players like Friedrich, Jansen Mertesacker and benchsitters like Huth and Metzelder. I can fully understand that Woerns is angry, he is the only half-decent central defender in Germany at the moment.

Everyone who is a regular reader in the german forum may have noticed that i'm not a big fan of Kevin Kuranyi - but selecting Hanke and Podolski while leaving out Kuranyi is a joke.

Klinsmann is losing the credit of his players by these weird selections.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ballack plots Azzurri downfall Monday 27 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany captain Michael Ballack is convinced that his outfit can upset Italy in this week’s glamour friendly.

The World Cup hosts take on the Azzurri in Florence on Wednesday and the Bayern Munich ace is eyeing a victory.

“I am convinced that we will do very well against Italy in the week,” the central midfielder said on Monday evening.

“We need to step on to the field of play with the belief that we have what is needed to beat our opponents.

“I have great hopes on the eve of this game.”

Italian eyes will definitely be focused on the former Bayer Leverkusen ace given his current contractual situation.

Ballack is set to leave Bayern on a free transfer in the summer and a number of clubs, Inter in particular, are keen.

But Ballack wouldn’t be drawn on the inevitable questions about what shirt he will be wearing in the 2006-07 season.

“I will only reply to questions that are about football which is played on the field,” he elegantly responded.

Meanwhile, Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann has mirrored Ballack’s views with regard to the tie against Marcello Lippi’s men.

“We are focused on bringing Italy’s recent run of good results to an end,” the former Inter striker said. “I want a victory against a top team.”

channel4

======================

Injured Gattuso returns home Monday 27 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has been ruled out of Wednesday’s international friendly against Germany.

The Milan man was named in the squad but has today pulled out of the set-up after failing a medical.

The former Rangers crowd favourite picked up a slight injury in the 2-0 win at Palermo on Sunday which has compromised his presence in the Florence tie.

“Gattuso has come here to Coverciano with great pleasure so that he could spend the day with his teammates,” said boss Marcello Lippi.

“However, the knock which he sustained against Palermo yesterday means he will be unavailable against the Germans.

“He will undergo a few more tests with the medical staff later today before heading back to Milan.”

Lippi, who has recalled in-form Roma warrior Simone Perrotta, added that he will not be replacing Gattuso with any other player in the squad.

channel4

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
any one ever give thought to Frank Baumann playing as a defensive midfielder?

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Rothose said:
Ballack, Klose and Frings cannot make up for our chaos defence which will be composed by out-of-form.players like Friedrich, Jansen Mertesacker and benchsitters like Huth and Metzelder. I can fully understand that Woerns is angry, he is the only half-decent central defender in Germany at the moment.
Like Wörns said "among the blind the one-eyed is king"

I hope your (tomorrow it is "your", thursday it will be "our" again :pp ) team will field Huth in defense and Hanke/Asamoah or Podolski/Asamoah up front :D

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I hate the fact that Klinsmann want's Jens Lehmann on the team. He suck's big time.

I think the three keapers of the German National Team should be: Oliver Kahn, Timo Hildenbrand and either Reinke from Bremen or maybe even Klos of Glasgow Rangers.

PS: What kind of number is 9 for a goalkeaper, what kind of stupidity is that? Lehmann should retire if he dosen't whant to see his career more deep in SHIT.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I'd like to see Germany's National Team like these:

Squad

Goal
23 Timo Hildebrand
1 Oliver Kahn

Defence
3 Arne Friëdrich
5 Robert Huth
24 Marcell Jansen
16 Philipp Lahm
29 Per Mertesacker
21 Christoph Metzelder
25 Patrick Owomoyela
30 Christian Wörns

Midfield
6 Frank Baumann
13 Michael Ballack
18 Tim Borowski
26 Sebastian Deisler
12 Tomas Hitzelberger
15 Fabian Ernst
8 Torsten Frings
19 Bernd Schneider
7 Bastian Schweinsteiger
28 Carsten Ramelow

Offence
14 Gerald Asamoah
10 Mike Hanke
11 Miroslav Klose
20 Lukas Podolski
22 Kevin Kuranyi

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
filo4efcbm said:
I hate the fact that Klinsmann want's Jens Lehmann on the team. He suck's big time.

I think the three keapers of the German National Team should be: Oliver Kahn, Timo Hildenbrand and either Reinke from Bremen or maybe even Klos of Glasgow Rangers.

PS: What kind of number is 9 for a goalkeaper, what kind of stupidity is that? Lehmann should retire if he dosen't whant to see his career more deep in SHIT.
I like Jens Lehmann. At the moment he is as good as Kahn but I´m sure that Kahn is number one during the world cup. I don´t get the point why every Bayern supporter I know talks shit about him. They all seem to be more worried if their beloved Kahn is in the goal instead of Germany winning the world cup.

Reinke? Did you follow Bremen in the last months. He´s a nice guy, but he makes a blooper in nearly every game. Klos? How old is he? I have to admit that I didn´t follow his performances in the last years, but he had no chance in the NT under every coach. There must be reasons.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HT at Florence

Italy 3-0 Germany.

One word to sum it all up: SHAMBOLIC!

The German defence is fcuked i tell u...fcuked!!! How Klinsman plays Huth and Merte at the backline and still insists on playing such a suicidally high defensive line i shall NEVER know. I mean that is beyond amatuerish. Both are slow fcuking coaches and every time the Italians played the ball behind Friedrich and went on from there...

Where the fcuk is Kehl in this team? How many times did i say that Frings is NOT a DM...NOT A FCUKING DM!!! He cant play for his life in that position.

Sort those bit out and then we can talk.

our best player in this remarkable half of one sided football: Phillipe Lahm. He was super. not ONE attack down his side and he was so much more productive than Deisler and Friedrich down the right.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts

I found that picture moments after they scored the 3-0. :doh: I really don´t know what to say about that performance so far. At least it´s not against Romania. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Germany is going to SUCK big time at the World Cup if they continue their performance like this. I'm starting to think Wörns was right, and who is goalkeaping? Lehmann? Why I'm I not suprisedwe are lossing 3-0 against Italy with Lehmann on goal.

My favorite team for the WC is Germany, but honestly, we are lucky if we can even score against Costa Rica or even Ecuador who is playing a fairly good defensive match against the dutch.

I agree with you balla_basti, Frings is not a DM, he is a right midfielder, Klinsmann should know better than to put Frings there. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to put Klinsmann on the German head coach post.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
And do you know what is the worst of all?

Italy dosen't even have on their line-up, Francesco Totti or Genaro Gattuso...their backbone and are winning 3-0. Imagine if Totti and Gattuso were on the squad, I think the match could be like 6-0 against fuking Lehmann. :frustrat: :thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
filo4efcbm said:
Germany is going to SUCK big time at the World Cup if they continue their performance like this. I'm starting to think Wörns was right, and who is goalkeaping? Lehmann? Why I'm I not suprised we are lossing 3-0 against Italy with Lehmann on goal.
The goals weren´t the fault of Lehmann,
he had no chance at the against goals.

The whole team plays cr*p,
that´s the thing, that must be critisized.
No player showed passion or fought against the defeat.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Eisenfuß Eilts said:
The goals weren´t the fault of Lehmann,
he had no chance at the against goals.
I wanted to write the same. Only before the 3rd goal he should have come out more energetic I think.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
4-0! :doh: :rolleyes: :eekani:

And before filo4efcbm moans again because of Lehmann. I hope you watch the game, but with that crap defence he is really not to blame.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts