Xtratime Community banner

The outcome - Nasi ili janezi?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
70,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
International Friendly: Slovenia vs. CROATIA 20.08.08

After Euro 2008 the national team will finally meet up again and prepare for the World Cup qualifiers, starting with a friendly match with Slovenia in Maribor on August 20.

Bilic will announce the squad tomorrow and he will apparently call up a lot of players. Ivica Krizanac will most likely find himself on the squad as well after failing to make the Euro squad. Expect some HNL players to be called up as well, most likely guys like Drpic, Mandzukic, Kalinic and maybe even Sharbini again although he is off to a slow start. Dario Cvitanich will probably not be in the squad either because Slaven Bilic has yet to see him play live

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
That's the one thing about nogomet, you never have to wait too long before it all starts up again. After that agonizing exit from the Euros it will be good to get back out there.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Croatian Coach Slaven Bilic will introduce a new player in his team. Ivica Krizanac, winner of the UEFA Cup with his club, Saint Petersburg’s Zenit, will join the Bilic Boys in the match against slovenia.

- This is the beginning of a new cycle. Our aim is known, we want the qualification to the World Cup in South Africa. We are conscious of our qualities and our target is to win the first place in the group – said Mr Bilic.

The press conference in Zagreb was also attended by Eduardo da Silva, who arrived in Croatia for the final phase of his rehabilitation programme.

- I am glad to be back in Croatia for rehab. I hope I will be completely back on the tracks in a month – Dudu stated at the press conference.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Uncapped Zenit St Petersburg defender Ivica Krizanac was called into Croatia's squad by coach Slaven Bilic on Wednesday for a friendly against Slovenia later this month.

The match in Maribor will be held on Aug. 20 and be an important warm-up for Croatia, who have been drawn in Group Six for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers with England, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Andorra.

Croatia host Kazakhstan and England in Zagreb respectively on Sept. 6 and Sept. 10 in their first qualifying matches for the finals, which will be held in South Africa.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Stipe Pletikosa (Spartak Moscow), Vedran Runje (Lens)

Defenders: Vedran Corluka (Manchester City), Dario Simic (AC Milan), Robert Kovac (Borussia Dortmund), Josip Simunic (Hertha Berlin), Dario Knezevic (Juventus), Hrvoje Vejic (Tomsk), Ivica Krizanac (Zenit St. Petersburg)

Midfielders: Danijel Pranjic (Heerenveen), Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Niko Kovac (Salzburg), Luka Modric (Tottenham), Jerko Leko (Monaco), Ivan Rakitic (Schalke 04), Ognjen Vukojevic (Dynamo Kiev), Nikola Pokrivac (Monaco), Niko Kranjcar (Portsmouth)

Forwards: Mladen Petric (Borussia Dortmund), Ivica Olic (Hamburg SV), Ivan Klasnic (Nantes), Nikola Kalinic (Hajduk Split).

·
Registered
70,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the Slovenian squad, not what it used to be but some decent player

GOALKEEPERS: Samir Hadanovic (Udinese) Jasmin Hadanovic (Mantova)
DEFENDERS: Bostjan Cesar (Marseille) Luka Elsner (Domzale) Branko Ilic (Real Betis) Bojan Jokic (Sochaux) Mitija Morec (CSKA Sofia) Marko Suler (AA Gent)
MIDFIELDERS: Miso Brecko (FC Koln) Robert Koren (West Brom) Andraz Kirm (Domzale) Darijan Matic (Interblock) Mirnes Sisic (Olympiakos) Anton Zlogar (Omonia Nicosia)
FORWARDS: Valter Birsa (Sochaux) Milan Burgic (AIK) Zlatko Dedic (Frosinone) Milivoje Novakovic (FC Koln)

·
International
8,545 Posts
I think Rakitic has won a spot, I don't think Bilic will put him back on the bench, especially for Niko's sake. With Petric healthy again maybe a Petric-Klasnic combo can work, it's worth a try. I've given up hope that Srna will be moved to RB.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,952 Posts
I think Rakitic has won a spot, I don't think Bilic will put him back on the bench, especially for Niko's sake. With Petric healthy again maybe a Petric-Klasnic combo can work, it's worth a try. I've given up hope that Srna will be moved to RB.

Agreed :thumbsup: we need Rakitic out there

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Poll: Croatia - Slovenia

Mi ili janezi?

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I stuffed the poll, what the hell..

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Slovenija - Hrvatska poll

evo drugi put...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
well, there's something wrong with merging threads/posting polls. Can MM or someone look at this please?

Thanks

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
here it is...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
hvala qrcu, votirajte!!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts