Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in New york City, U.S.A., there is a not=for-profit organization trying to build a Basque Cultural Center for all the world to visit. this Basque cultural center, would be a place in new york city, the home the U.N. and The most racially diverse city in the world, where Basque culture will be brought to the world's attention. outside of Euzkadi, you rarely hear any news about Basque people except for E.T.A.. This is tragic, because Basque culture is so much more. the world needs an introduction to Euzkadi and Basque culture. there's no better place than NYC where 30 million visitors come every year. this exposure to Basque culture will change opionons towards Basques, hopefully increase awareness of basque culture, and hopefully to help Euzkadi be a self-determined nation. this Center would be the home of a Basque resturant, a Basque museum(like euskal museo in bilbao), a basque tourism office, the home of the New York City Euzko-Etxea, also would have a fronton for Jai-Alai and a convention hall, and possibly room and board for Basque Goverment when they travel to America. the Estimated price tag would be about 7million to 10 million US$. So is anyone wants information on how they could help, make a donation or to just learm more about it E=mail me and i'll send you more info.
Eskerrik Asko.
Justino Doyaga(idoiaga)

B

·
0 Posts
this is great news, it is true that what people know about basques in abroad is only ETA , but basuqes are the most cultural and civilised people in the world with maybe one of the odest history in the world, their unique language and rich rituals, dances and songs should be charished for the world and shown to the world, basques are my brothers and sisters , and i will continue to fight for their independence in any way i can , moraly or physicaly , i'm a member/!

Best Regards

Balanchini

·
4,421 Posts
Gehry seems to like the Basque country I think that he has also done a projet for a new San Mames.

B2B, update it, Im very interested on news about Basques around the world

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RECENT NEWS.

The Basque International Cultural Center is in the process of finding a suitable location for its premises. They are trying ti build somewhere close to Ground Zero (World Trade Center 0 here in NYC. or possibly more midtown.

The board is still raising funds, and newsletters get sent out often with Basque news from the USA, Euskadi and the rest of the Diaspora.

If you would like to added to the mailing list , just PM me, and I will happily add you.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
This is good news, haven't read this thread earlier... finally someone shows the other (good) side of Euskadi!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts