Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DUring the Juve-Liverpool game, I heard the commentator Bruno Longhi say that in this CL campaign, Ibrahimovic has been the Juve player who has taken the most shots. Results? 0 goals! :lala::mute:

We're talking about Pancev quality stats in here!:stuckup:

As one of the fav songs of our Beloved Cugini says is: "there's always next year" :lala: :jester:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Zlatan has fancy feet, but a bad shot and doesn't particularely want to pass the ball. Whatever those qualities are worth, I will leave to Juventus to decide...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
He's a world-class player and I don't see why anything but just a bit of luck prevented him from scoring. The fact that he takes so many shots tells a lot about his positioning and ability to take shots, b/c its unlikely that all those shots were dreamers from outside the PK box.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Dribble Boy is just good at dribbling. He has inadequate vision of the game. He can't read the game and he sure as hell can't finish. It was shocking to see him score 2 vs. Fiorentina. :D Then again, he would be a utterly useless if he couldn't score at least one of those sitters.

One more thing ... he is NOT an "Impact Player".

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Another interesting stat, is the one concerning the longesr winningless strike in Milan derbies ;) 10 :stuckup: 7 wins and 3 draws in these last 10 games :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The number "7" pops up again. :eekani: :devil:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
The number "7" pops up again. :eekani: :devil:
I'm just focused on the semis for now :stuckup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of # 7,
God Willing, it would be the 7th Champions Cup/League final for these 2 young men with the name of Billy and Cuore di Drago!:mute: :dazed: :stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
Speaking of # 7,
God Willing, it would be the 7th Champions Cup/League final for these 2 young men with the name of Billy and Cuore di Drago!:mute: :dazed: :stuckup:

Cheers.;)
Enough :stuckup:
Let's focus on their 7th semifinal :shades:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speaking of the magical #, probably this is the most freakiest of all, bar none!:mute::dazed:

From the superb book Futebol, The Brazilian Way of Life, by Alex Bellos.

"On the 29th of April of 2001, Botafogo (believed to be Brasil's most superstitious club), Vasco de Gama beats Botafogo 7-0. Newspapers pointed out that the previos time Botafogo let in 7 goals was on April 29 1994, exactly 7 years before. On both occasions, the seventh goal was scored by the player with number 7 on his shirt. If that is not spooky enough, both happenedon the twenthy-ninth and what is 9 minus 2? The daily paper O Dia's headline 2 days later had an explanation: "Uranus is to blame". Dé, the coach was more preach-like: "Seven is God's number, because he created the word in seven days. It's in the Bible...."

:dazed::mute: :lala: :eekani:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Haroon said:
Dribble Boy is just good at dribbling. He has inadequate vision of the game. He can't read the game and he sure as hell can't finish. It was shocking to see him score 2 vs. Fiorentina. :D Then again, he would be a utterly useless if he couldn't score at least one of those sitters.

Dribble boy :dielaugh: ... almost beats my nickname for him: Mullet boy :thmbup:

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
San Siro said:
DUring the Juve-Liverpool game, I heard the commentator Bruno Longhi say that in this CL campaign, Ibrahimovic has been the Juve player who has taken the most shots. Results? 0 goals! :lala::mute:

We're talking about Pancev quality stats in here!:stuckup:

As one of the fav songs of our Beloved Cugini says is: "there's always next year" :lala: :jester:

Cheers.;)
Pancev??? WTF

He was one of the most prolific goalscorers when he played for Red Star. The Macedonian just didnt have luck when he came to Italy. Dont bag out Pancev. He was a great player at his time. Shame he retired early.

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
Pancev was great for Red Star indeed. It is still a mistery to me was it that 1) Pancev was simply not good enough to play in a really big euro club or 2) teh Inter effect took over and he lost it altogether.

·
Registered
17,586 Posts
Haroon said:

You must've had an aneurism when he scored those three 'sitters' against Lecce.

·
Registered
17,586 Posts
He probably has more assists than any Milan player as well.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Nero said:
You must've had an aneurism when he scored those three 'sitters' against Lecce.
Nope. He'll be back to his best against Inter. I hope the ball boys wear helmets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts