·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the bets fro topgoalscorer at EURO 2000:
7-1 Kluivert
8-1 Thierry Henry, Raul
9-1 Alan Shearer, Christian Vieri
14-1 Nicolas Anelka, Dennis Bergkamp, Oliver Bierhoff, Fernando Morientes, Michael Owen

I must say I'm surprised at two things:
1 - Anelka is on the list!!! :)
2 - why Kluivert? I mean everyone knows Raul is better, or don't they?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I think that Kluivert is a better goalscorer than Raul but Raul is SO much better player than him. Kluiverts job is to score a lot and not do anything else. Raul is the real player.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the latter part of your statement is true for sure. Raul is overall the superior player, that's obvious. :) But how can you say Kluivert is the better goalscorer, since the stats speak for themselves. Since Kluivert moved to Barca from milan, Raul has outscored him in every possible competition, being as you said a non-prolific striker. That sais a lot.

The only logic reason I find for the bets being as they are, is the fact EURO 2000 is in Holland, so Kluivert will have some un-fair ;) back-up. Hehe, but IMO he will still be shadowed by the great Raul&Morientes :)

D

·
0 Posts
I agree with your reasoning there Labas. Kluivert is the favorite to be topscorer just because Holland are favorites to win the competition. I wonder why Hasselbaink isn't on the list though.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
because the Dutch may play him or Bergkamp with Kluivert and the latter is favourate to start.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Who's the moroons who did that list??????
Kluivert #1???????
And what horror do i see next????????Bierhoff?????????????????????????????????????
The Biersheet???????????????????????He ruined
Milan's year because of a ****ing biased coach (zac) instead of Weah, Leo and Josi Mari and Ganz!!!!!!
As far as i'm concerned, i am absolutely not is surprised!This guy is a "crack" as we say in France!
I just pray that this kid can show what he is truly able to do to shut clean the big sucking mouthes of those that have been continously destroying that fabulously talented young man!
Allez Nico, montre -leur a tous ces encules d'hypocrites de quoi tu es capable!
Henry and Trezeguet can also prove their world class talent by scoring some important goals.
But the best (besides Sheva, of course!) is Raul!
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I just forgot to mention that in the second part of my post i am obviously talking about Nico Anelka!
Allez Nico!
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yep, let's hope Nic shows us what he is capable of skill wise and tantrem wise. this raise and interesting subject though. What happens if Mr A is superb in EC and we are offered more than we paid for him.
Should he then go to clear the way for Mori and Tristian with the money being used for the defence and playmaker.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Kluivert is far away to be the best! Did you guys see how much chances that he wasted? The only thing that not make me say he is a crap is that he can creat so many chances for his teammates at the same time.

I really want Raul to get it!!! :)

and SHINE~~~~~Anelka!

D

·
0 Posts
Yup, would you believe Kluivert and Figo were tied as best assistmen in La Liga. At least last time I looked. He's got a good aerial game, too, and an amazing first touch and that's why I rate him quite highly (He was part of my 7 best strikers list in a past topic). But when it comes to finishing Morientes is way better. If Spain go far, it's gonna be a duel between Raul and Mori for the competition topscorer.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, tha's pretty much it. Kluivert is great technichally and verything, but like someone pointed out his finishing is sometimes atrocious! Morientes is a killer, same goes for Nuicola$ and Hasselbaink. Kluivert plays with finess and power, but he doesn't know how to score. That's why this list is very weird.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Some of you guys are getting kluivert totally wrong.
He is NOT a natural goalscorer, but his all round game is great.
I lost count of the number of great assists he provided for Rivaldo this season, plus his ball control and vision are both subtle but effective.
Ok, so he's not a great goal scorer, but he IS a great player :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, but that's what everyone is saying. He's a good player, but not a prolific goalscorer, so why the hell is he on top of that list? The bookies usually feel the rythm, but thsi time I have doubts.

BTW OLy! I just noticed something! Have you been a member at xtratime sine May last year!!!??? WOW!!! And why do you have only 100 posts then? :)

D

·
0 Posts
Perhaps you're missing the topic here Oly. It's about who's gonna be the top goalscorer in the Eurocopa. Kluivert was installed as the favorite. We don't agree--just as you said he isn't a great goalscorer.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, i'm sorry guys, i see now that you were saying this.
But just one guy said that kluivert wasn't a good player, and i just read his post. lol
Yeah, i guess i have been a member since ages actually. I don't know why i didn't post much before, i just couldn't be bothered really. hehe
I agree, he will not be top goalscorer. My bets are Raul, Morientes or even Henry.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, OK well my tip is:

Mijatovic
Raul
Henry or Morientes

Cheers :)

The winner of EURO 2000: Yugoslavia

M

·
0 Posts
My prediction would be that Euro 2000's MVP, top scorer and the champion will not be the ones mentioned in this forum.
Also, does anybody know why at Euro'96 no awards were presented to the best player(did they choose one?) and the top goalscorer? Is it gonna be the same story this time around? I mean no awards?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts