Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ibra: "Pleased with the goals and points"
Sunday, 22 March 2009 18:55:46

MILAN - With his double strike against Reggina, Zlatan Ibrahimovic joins Marco Di Vaio on top of the Serie A scorers list with 19 goals. But, more importantly, his fifth brace of the season keeps the Nerazzurri clear at the top of the table with nine games left to play.

"It was a very important victory because we keep our lead over Juventus in the table," the Swedish striker told Sky Sport Italia. "We have to continue like this and keep this advantage. If we do our job there won't be any problems."

Ibrahimovic added to Cambiasso's opener with his first penalty of the season, scoring a brilliant individual goal after the break. "Thanks for the compliments, but every goal is important," he said.

When asked if his future lies at Inter, Ibrahimovic replied: "I have a contract with Inter and I'm happy to be at this club. For now we are all concentrated on winning this Scudetto. At the end of the season we will see what happens."

Inter.it

------------------------

Mou reprimands Ibra Monday 23 March, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho has told unsettled striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic that he is not bigger than the club.

Ibrahimovic has refused to commit his future to the Nerazzurri ever since they were knocked out of Europe.

“Ibra is a great player, but no team depends on a single player. No player is bigger than the club,” Mourinho told Stadio Sprint.

“Inter have a great history, Ibra has become very important in that history because of his present and his future, but the club is more important than the player.”

When asked if he too was considering leaving the Nerazzurri, Mourinho replied: “I still have two years left on my contract.”

The Portuguese is in his first year with Inter and has led them to a seven-point lead at the top of Serie A with eight games still to play this season.

Channel4.com

------------------------

I kept thinking about the possibilities of that happening.. and I would say that I wasnt worried or shocked like many Inter fans would possibly be right now..

Reason is I always dreamed about an Inter who never rely on one single player.. Inter have the best players in the word right now and we also have one of the best coachs out there.. a coach who won the CL before without one single superstar, he is cabaple to make the team work rate hits the roof.

If Ibra has to leave Inter... then Mourinho for sure will have to search for a world class Striker for sure.. but I dont think that there is any striker out there can fully fill Ibra`s place..

So fact is our choices would limited to some strikers, cause we actully cant snatch someone like Torres or Etto or Drogba out of thier top clubs.. maybe anything could happen but Im been realistic.

Our easier chioces at this stage could be between Villa, Van Persi, Cassano and maybe Di Vaio... and only in this codition Mourinho`s job could be easier.. cause I always believed that Mou always do the best without the super star, he makes the team play as one and not making the all team playing revolving on one!

You can sense this lookig at our score rates.. Ibra has scored so far 16 goals.. while the all team shared the other goals scored for Inter.. including all of our defenders includeing the subs! maybe Julio Cesar is the only player who didnt score a goal this year! lol

The point is I can see Inter playing good without Ibra too.. and will allow Mourinho to bring back his old magic tools from the box and set up a magnificent Porto- Inter!

Also selling Ibra at this stage could set a record in the world of transferes.. I know that money isnt an Issue in our club, however that could give many choices for our coach to bring the best player suitable for his tactic.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i don't see there are a lot of clubs that could afford him AND he would not mind to join...real and barca are definitely 2 of the few that have a chance to get him...barca have quite a lot of nice players... i don't think real have the players we need...but barca have plenty..and i m not talking about messi...i would consider eto'o + $$$...but $$$ means a lot...imagine eto'o + hamsik + diego... :drool: eto'o and balo to start...fresh water and adriano as backups...not too bad...right?

but again, i don't want ibra leave...

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't see there are a lot of clubs that could afford him AND he would not mind to join...real and barca are definitely 2 of the few that have a chance to get him...barca have quite a lot of nice players... i don't think real have the players we need...but barca have plenty..and i m not talking about messi...i would consider eto'o + $$$...but $$$ means a lot...imagine eto'o + hamsik + diego... :drool: eto'o and balo to start...fresh water and adriano as backups...not too bad...right?

but again, i don't want ibra leave...
I dont want him to leave too.. but if the player showed intentions that he wants to leave.. then Good bye Ibra.. I wont even cry!

As Mou said the team is more important than the player.. we the fans should know better.

·
Registered
32,681 Posts
Moratti will solve the problem the way he knows best: By handing Ibra another pay-rise.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i don't think it's about $$$...he is already the top earner in the world...how much more he wants??? i think it's more about the frustration of early CL exit...

if he wants money, he can go to hell and go to man city...but i don't think he will...

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
I'm not sure it's a pay-rise primarily that Ibra wants this time around. I think he first and foremost wants the team to be competetative in Europe and wants to put some pressure on the club to bring in some much needed reinforcements.

Although, if I know Raiola right he is probably lobbying quite hard for a pay-rise too.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
but yeah...we have to get new players to help ibra...he can't do everything by himself...look at all the top teams, tell me which team, besides us, depends on one player? if there is one, they wouldn't go too far in the CL...there is no way ibra can keep playing well and lead us go all the way to the CL final...and we all know a lot of time, he disappears in the big games...when u r the main threat of the team, u get double-teamed or even triple-teamed, u get frustrated because your teammates are not helping u...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
and it is very easy for the opponent to defend when u rely on one player...they know when u have the ball, u give it to him and let him create...wish him to use his skills to tear their defense apart...but they double-team or even triple-team him..u shut him down...then he can't do much...because the offense is too one-dimensional...and predictable...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
If he wants to go.. let him go.

If he wants to stay.. let him stay.

If he wants a pay rise.. give him the finger.

If he wants the club to buy better.. Mourinho would anyway.

If he wants Maxwell to get a starting spot.. Sell them both.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Players come and players go but the club always remains. If Ibra isn't 100% committed let him go. We will replace him with augero and diego.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
100% with Stefan. I could careless if a player wants to leave us. We are the champions, if you can find better, then go ahead and make my day Thierry Henry style you bitches.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I doubt he will leave. While Ibrahimovic has always been a great player he was never the best-in-the-world caliber before he came to Inter. He grew with Inter and should be thankful to his team. To be honest, he has to share some of the CL dissapointments, since it mainly was him coming up short in Europe. Even if he leaves to Barca or Man-City, it isn't like he will guarantee European Success. Only one team gets to lift the trophy and it takes a lot of skill and a lot of luck to win it.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
If he wants to leave, then let him leave.

Also, the entire team is made around Zlatan, who on the other hand is a failure when it matters the most in the CL.

Having the CL as your primary target and biggest dream and then at the same time relying almost completely on a player who is a bottler in this competition is probably not the best choice anyways.

He would net atleast 50m€, which we can easily put to good use.

I dont know, its a difficult choice, but if he wants to leave, then let him. We can easily use the money to properly change the team into a more balanced side which isnt overly reliant one just one player.

I think its absolutely hilarious for a player who has never scored a single goal in the knockoutstages (20 games 0 goals) to complain about his team not performing in europe.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
would be a huge loss because we rely so much on him, but at the same time if we were to get out of the habit then perhaps selling him isn't the worst thing in the world. We are going to buy new players to support this midfield anyways.

and yea, like azz said a 45-50 mil can be put to good use and his massive contract can be freed up.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If Ibra wants to go then he should go. We can nearly replace him with two world class players in terms of salary, if he leaves, based on how ridiculous his salary is.

If Man City will take him for some huge amount, then I think we should just take the money and run. But I'm not sure if another club has such a high valuation of him as we do.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
100% with Stefan. I could careless if a player wants to leave us. We are the champions, if you can find better, then go ahead and make my day Thierry Henry style you bitches.
You are the champions thanks to Ibra. You say he's a big game bottler? But at least he's made Inter winning Lo Scudetto as easy as a walk in the park. Something you didn't do for almost 20 years before he came. As a Parma fan I remember last year when the entire Inter team shit their pants at the Tardini. Until Ibra came on and killed the game with two goals... Maybe it wasn't a big game per say but it was an important game for Inter nontheless.

You say he's not loyal? But a few articles based on some loose comments made after a bitter defeat in the CL is enough to tell your best player and the one you owe everything to bugger off? How loyal does that make you? This proves to me that the loyalty fans demand of the players is not something they are worth because they are a fickle bunch themselves.

You are Inter and you take Scudetti for granted already? That's just laughable. I've watched you play and it ain't pretty. You are slow and worthless and without Ibra you could be out of the CL zone. Maybe battling it out with Roma, Fiorentina and Genoa for third and fourth.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think its absolutely hilarious for a player who has never scored a single goal in the knockoutstages (20 games 0 goals) to complain about his team not performing in europe.

Running a one man show against the likes of Chievo or Bologna can be done. Running a one man show against Liverpool or Man Utd can't be done unless you're an alien. It's too easy for them to focus on Ibra and take him out. If Inter had a strong team with more threats it would also make more space for him to do things.

Really, look at the San Siro game against Utd once more and tell me what you see? Do you really ask of one player to remedy that?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Verdi every great team on Europe depends and/or is weakened significantly without their star man. Barca is not the same without Messi, Manutd is not the same without C.Ronaldo, Bayern is not the same without Ribery and the list goes on and on.

So really if Ibra leaves we'll replace him with another star or more likely stars.

At the end of the day if he wants to leave then so be it. There nothing fickle about that whatsoever. It' s just the fact that we love Inter with or without Ibra.

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Running a one man show against the likes of Chievo or Bologna can be done. Running a one man show against Liverpool or Man Utd can't be done unless you're an alien. It's too easy for them to focus on Ibra and take him out. If Inter had a strong team with more threats it would also make more space for him to do things.

Really, look at the San Siro game against Utd once more and tell me what you see? Do you really ask of one player to remedy that?
Inter dominated MU and were unlucky not to go through. The cookie crumbled.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts