Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well supposedly this game is tomorrow at 18:00 cet. Hope no more Venezia players test positive and it goes ahead as planned. 1 rescheduled game against Bologna is enough.

My lineup for this must win match:

Samir, De Vrij, Skriniar, Bastoni, Perisic, Dumfries, Vidal, Barella, Hakan, Dzeko and Mr 120th minute winner 🏆

Brozovic and Lautaro should be benched and spared for the Derby as they are a booking away from missing it, only bring them on in second half if we are not winning.

Looks like Venezia intend to play, 5 players is not enough to postpone the match as per new protocol. We had 5 out with covid and played a derby last season I recall

VENEZIA INSIST THEY WANT TO PLAY AGAINST INTER
Domen Crnigoj

Venezia President Duncan Niederauer insists the Lagunari want to play against Inter even if five players included in their 25-man squad list have COVID.

Inter and Venezia are supposed to meet at 17.00 UK time at San Siro tomorrow.
There was fear that the game would not go ahead as Venezia had eight players positive for COVID.

The new Serie A protocol states that matches can be postponed if nine players of a single team have contacted the virus. Venezia appear to have fewer cases and are therefore ready to face Inter tomorrow.

“Starting from tonight and after completing the tests yesterday and this morning, we can affirm that we are preparing for tomorrow’s game against Inter,” Venezia statement read.

“Following Lega Serie A’s guidelines, we have presented a list of 25 players by today at 12.00. Of those 25 players, five are positive, but they had been put in isolation and obviously won’t travel to Milan with their teammates.

“Those who will travel to Milan have been negative in the previous 24 hours and will undergo further examinations tonight, as required by the rules.

“Unless tonight’s tests say otherwise, we intend to play against Inter tomorrow at 18.00. We respect the rules and our players are ready to play, fight and give their best tomorrow. The team that we will field is strong and is ready to represent Venezia and the lions that we are.

“We hope that the international break will help all the clubs to recover their best fitness and finish the season together.”

Have to close this OP with this:

Shorts Sports equipment Soccer Football Ball

Footwear Shorts Sports uniform Sports equipment Jersey

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's common sense because the Milan derby is tougher than Inter v Venezia and there's a chance Brozovic gets booked tomorrow and misses the derby. We won against Empoli without Brozovic and they are better than Venezia, we pay a salary for Vidal so he should play too.

Btw Ante, our first ever Croat scored in our biggest home win against Venezia

Rectangle Font Electric blue Circle Number

Font Sleeve Collar Parallel Electric blue

Blue Font Electric blue Brand Screenshot

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
20,904 Posts
Thank God.

Making up 2 games would have been borderline impossible.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's better to play tomorrow but 2 postponed games are not impossible, unless we beat Liverpool may be which would make the schedule in March-April tougher (but we won't mind that..)

there are teams in EPL with more than 1 postponed game.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nani expected on the bench

I remember the first time I saw him play was actually against Inter, for Sporting in the CL 06-07 and he really impressed me then.

Btw Vidal also a booking away from missing the derby but he isn't as important as Brozovic. Though I think a midfield of Gagliardini, Barella and Hakan would also be ok.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only doudt per sky is toro or sanchez.

Handa - Skriniar - De Vrij - Bastoni - Dumbfries - Barella - Brozo - Hakan - Ivan - Toro/Sanchez - Dzeko

Why are you calling him Dumbries? 😒 autocorrect or affected by krajina (he called him that iirc)

Hopefully Inzaghi does the right thing and he benches Brozovic and Lautaro tomorrow.

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even autocorrect is racist...

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Highlights from our last 3 league home games against Venezia should be a nice way to build up to the game.

Sports uniform Soccer Jersey Sports jersey Football

The Ronaldo step overs, Baggio Rabona, Zamorano hailing celebration... we should have scored 8 but should have conceded 4-5. Firdy's favourite player Galante with 2 goal line clearances

Then the following season under Lippi when Vieri joined

Jaw Font News Sharing Event

Really powerful and precise finish by Vieri.

Good pass Seedorf to release Chino before the assist to Zamorano

Good finish Chino after the assist by Georgatos. Inter could have scored 6 like in the prior season home game...

Noticed something interesting, Recoba in the post match interview spoke about the next match being against Milan! Funny coincidence as this season we will play the derby after Venezia too.

Then moving on to 01-02 under Cuper, and a certain boy named Adriano scored his first Inter goal and won us the 3 points

Jersey Sports gear Font Line Sportswear

Hmm JZ didn't do great on Maniero on the Venezia goal

Adriano was great when he came on, not just for the goal

We probably should have had 2-3 more pks in that match. Not sure what Cordoba did to get sent off.

That concludes this Inter-Venezia trip in the past

Let's hope for another Inter win tomorrow (well today)

Forza Inter 🖤💙

Reactions: SawyerFIF

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hope to see Sanchez and Vidal play today. Wouldn't even be mad about Dimarco replacing Bastoni or Frog replacing SDV. I just dont see Venezia as a plausible threat to us and we should do minimal rotation. I wouldnt even be mad if it was Sensi as a false nine amc and Sanchez up top on his now, he runs enough.

Anyway, 3 and half hours to go!

GAMEDAY BABY!!!!!!

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope to see Sanchez and Vidal play today. Wouldn't even be mad about Dimarco replacing Bastoni or Frog replacing SDV. I just dont see Venezia as a plausible threat to us and we should do minimal rotation. I wouldnt even be mad if it was Sensi as a false nine amc and Sanchez up top on his now, he runs enough.

Anyway, 3 and half hours to go!

GAMEDAY BABY!!!!!!
The 3 cbs rested in the Cup game no need to rest them again

Dzeko didn't start the Cup game so he should start tonight

Fielding Brozovic and Lautaro would be a big mistake, especially Brozovic as chances of a dm getting booked are higher than a cf, Lautaro will just need to stay out of silly challenges and control his temper, but you can't tell a dm not to tackle...

Reactions: SawyerFIF

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This should be the derby lineup imo

Let's see if we will be able to field it in the derby or not..

·
Registered
71,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Especially Brozovic yes, very likely

• Wow
Reactions: Ante
1 - 20 of 140 Posts